FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Well I pulled my OTA and will be updating as soon as I have the chance. In case anyone with a Sprint variant wants it now, here you go.

Showing KitKat NE4 dropped on Open Source L600VPUBNE4

Official Sprint Mega KitKat OTA.zip

As with all Official Updates, you need to have stock recovery loaded and be unrooted. This is flashed via stock recovery only and not custom recovery. If you have problems with the update I suggest you update via flashing through Odin with the Official NE4 KitKat Update.

This update does state you will not be able to downgrade the bootloader once done but if that really doesnt worry you or could care less then please proceed. Like many other Samsung devices, I am pretty sure one can flash a custom MK1 or NA7 Rom with the newer bootloader ( if one was available for us Sprint owners... ) all as long as you do not try to downgrade the newer NE4 bootloader back to the previous NA7 bootloader. As always you all should know what to do with the update.zip file so be safe and enjoy......

================================================== ===
One way to gain root on your Sprint Galaxy Mega 6.3 ( SPH-L600 ) w/ Firmware NE4 ( KitKat )
Using PhilZ Touch Recovery Thank you @Phil3759
Post#20 <------- click here

Official Stock Firmware tar.md5 ( 1.19 GB )
L600VPUBNE4 Firmware <------- click here

Last edited by DarkAngel; 26th August 2014 at 04:58 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarkAngel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 07:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Finally!! Thanks for that. Now we just need a rooted full install

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hkleiner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 07:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleiner

Finally!! Thanks for that. Now we just need a rooted full install

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

Well it's easily rooted via Recovery. Just Odin Philz or TWRP and root through there. Once rebooted install SuperSU or Superuser via Playstore . Once installed open the APK and update the binaries. Should be rooted after. I have done this to all my phones including the wifes listed below and all are rooted.

I have also made a flashable Deodex zip for NA7 and will be making one for NE4 as soon as I have the chance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkAngel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 08:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you very much.
17th March 2015, 04:23 AM |#5  
Flag columbus indiana
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel

Well it's easily rooted via Recovery. Just Odin Philz or TWRP and root through there. Once rebooted install SuperSU or Superuser via Playstore . Once installed open the APK and update the binaries. Should be rooted after. I have done this to all my phones including the wifes listed below and all are rooted.

I have also made a flashable Deodex zip for NA7 and will be making one for NE4 as soon as I have the chance.

could you plz clear something up for me..just got this mega..and cant find a dedicated thread for the L600 sprint galaxy mega..do they just have all the varaints in one development thread?..and i cant find any recoverys for the L600 varaint..every rom every recovery have the 2 model numbers,but not mine the L600..now i know philz has been like unfied to work on many difrent samsung devices with the same build..but im just thrown off,cause i never see my model number..can you explain this to me..point me in right direction. got my code name from samsung info app..its meliusltespr ,im on 4.4.2 kitkat baseband NE4 got the 6.3 galaxy mega sprint carrier...do i just use any file or rom,or recovery thats for the meliuslteXX ??...or do i need to find roms,and all otherr files that say its specficlly for my model number L600 ??
18th March 2015, 10:07 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_515

could you plz clear something up for me..just got this mega..and cant find a dedicated thread for the L600 sprint galaxy mega..do they just have all the varaints in one development thread?

Yes they are all mixed in together, no carrier specific. That threw me off too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_515

..and i cant find any recoverys for the L600 varaint..every rom every recovery have the 2 model numbers,but not mine the L600..now i know philz has been like unfied to work on many difrent samsung devices with the same build..but im just thrown off,cause i never see my model number..can you explain this to me..point me in right direction. got my code name from samsung info app..its meliusltespr ,im on 4.4.2 kitkat baseband NE4 got the 6.3 galaxy mega sprint carrier...do i just use any file or rom,or recovery thats for the meliuslteXX ??...or do i need to find roms,and all otherr files that say its specficlly for my model number L600 ??

Well you are looking in the right direction! Glad you found the model number as it is the Melius.
You are correct to say meliusltexx is for you as you have Sprint w/ LTE. The other is for 3G only. As you will see, Philz only got as far as v6.48.4.

https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...n/meliusltexx/

You also have TWRP Open Recovery available to you as well. This I have seen gone to v2.8.0.1.

https://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/melius/

Both recoveries worked great for me. I preferred Philz Touch though but to each their own. As far as ROMs, you are on your own. You can use roms from other carriers/variants but they will most likely break your cell signal. Unless there is a universal rom which you can use then you are stuck trying to mod or implement your own stuff as I had done before. I wish I could have stuck with the Mega as I did love that Phone but I only had it to play around with and never activated it. I loved modding things on it though.

You can always try porting a rom over to your phone from another Mega on a different carrier as long as you grab the right files from yours and place them into the other roms flashable zip you wish to port and then flash it in recovery. Here is a link to what I am talking about.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2284985

I never tried it on the Mega I had so I do not know if it will work for you but it can be possible to do so. Just make sure you make a backup of your current working rom for when it doesn't work to go back to. Also for info the Mega is unbrickable with an unbrick image. Just need to create one yourself and keep it somewhere safe incase you ever need it. Here is the thread where I helped out a member with one of my images. I also provided useful info on how to create an image or other images with other links as well. I hope you find it useful. Don't be scared to try things out. If you can, get a cheap used phone like a S3 or something similar to play with so you are not out of a working phone. As long as you have recovery available to you, you can always go back.

GL and have fun. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or post on here. I'll try to respond as quick as I can.
Last edited by DarkAngel; 18th March 2015 at 10:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkAngel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2015, 05:37 AM |#7  
Flag columbus indiana

More
thank you for all the info..im off work this weekend..ill dedicate some time to read threw all the threads you provided..and yes i have several phones..so i can spare an s3 no problem...and i do love this stuff..no time better than the present to try learning more..its all about trial and error right!!!..thanks again for the info...i went with CM 11,and philz touch found a thread had all the info i needed...but this sounds interesting porting roms..i would love to know how!!..
21st March 2015, 06:14 PM |#8  
Flag columbus indiana

More
comment #9 on the link for porting roms...it says this guide is only for mediatek devices,not htc or samsung phones....mentions there are lots of threads for porting roms...im sure i can search find one for samsung phones...be real cool find one specfically for the galaxy mega!!!..thanks for all the links though has inspired me...that guide looked real easy!people had some problems but looks like they figured them out

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel

NP & I know, wish I had time to do certain things through the kitchen and all. The way I posted is just a quick way knowing that the other phone has the same or close to specs as yours so you wont brick. Sometimes you can get away with say a Note 4 port to the Note 3 and so forth.....

Glad you have other phones to try things with first. Took me a while to get over the fear of bricking. I quickly got over it though, as long as you have everything in order. Having a way to move thing around in recover really helps to. If you haven't already get the Aroma Filemanager. It has saved me several times from constant boot loops and freezes. Philz also implements it by double tapping the screen once the files are in the clockworkmod folder as stated in the main thread. it explains it there.

this may nopt be the place for this..but ivegot to ask,since ive got your attention...ive never been able figure this out yet..prolly simple to you..if ive got a png img and i want use it as my philz background how do this?..in twrp we just create a folder called theme,and change the name of zip to ui.zip and reboot to recovery but those are full themes....i just want set a png img as my background??...and i am gonna use this on my mega so does still pertain to my total goal for this phone in the end!!
12th April 2015, 08:08 PM |#9  
Recognized Themer
Flag Lake Holiday
Thanks Meter: 937

Donate to Me
More
I have the Sprint mega and I was on 4.4.2 and last week I finally decided to root. That went well. My biggest problem was getting custom recovery on it and to work properly. I like Twrp so that is what I installed using odin. I tried the latest versions and they all installed but would not let me do anything. When I tried to do a backup it would just return to homescreen. Finally I used an old version like 2.6 I think and it worked and I did a backup and I thought all was well but it still seems a bit iffy. So i tried to flash philz via twrp and it failed. Can I ask what exact version of philz did you use and how did you put it on? If i have twrp on it already can i still use odin to put philz on or do i have to flash it through my current custom recovery. also has anyone had any luck with xposed installer on this phone if so what mods worked

just an update, i was able to flash philz latest recovery using odin and it seems to be working ok
Last edited by mash4077fan; 12th April 2015 at 10:31 PM.
12th April 2015, 11:33 PM |#10  
Recognized Themer
Flag Lake Holiday
Thanks Meter: 937

Donate to Me
More
Just to let anyone know who uses this phone I installed xposed framework and Wanam and I tried a couple of mods and it seems to work fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread