Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bestbuy offering $100 off new Tab S for any working tablet trade-in.

Tip us?

mitchellvii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,204
Default Bestbuy offering $100 off new Tab S for any working tablet trade-in.

Yep, was just talking to the Samsung dude at Bestbuy and he told me they will take any working tablet as a trade-in and give you $100 off a shiny new Tab S.

Not bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitchellvii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alexpride
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Would this be available at any best buy? Who do I talk to about this?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexpride For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitchellvii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexpride View Post
Would this be available at any best buy? Who do I talk to about this?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Talk to the person working in the Samsung area.

Sj12345
Old
Thanks Meter 4
They give you a gift card now or when you do the pre-order?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Aredubu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Looks like I have a errand tomorrow at BB.

mitchellvii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,204
Please remember that this was the Samsung dude at Bestbuy that told me this. Based upon my experience with them, they have little to no idea what is actually happening with their products. Case in point, whenever I go to my local Bestbuy, the Gear Watches are ALWAYS out of power and can't be tried. I asked the Samsung guy why the watch was out of power and he literally DID NOT KNOW how to charge it up.

Either these employees are the dumbest people alive or Bestbuy just hands them a "Samsung" shirt and zero training.

Regardless, I am hoping this $100 story is true, but consider the source. We'll see.
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchellvii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sillyphillie
Old
(Last edited by sillyphillie; 24th June 2014 at 01:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
Please remember that this was the Samsung dude at Bestbuy that told me this. Based upon my experience with them, they have little to no idea what is actually happening with their products. Case in point, whenever I go to my local Bestbuy, the Gear Watches are ALWAYS out of power and can't be tried. I asked the Samsung guy why the watch was out of power and he literally DID NOT KNOW how to charge it up.

Either these employees are the dumbest people alive or Bestbuy just hands them a "Samsung" shirt and zero training.

Regardless, I am hoping this $100 story is true, but consider the source. We'll see.
I called a BB store in Delaware and spoke to one of the Samsung rep. He stated that the $100 trade in offer is real but he thinks it's if you pre order the device at the store and not online. He also stated that the deal won't be there on launch day. He could be just trying to pull me in the store today but I'm going to try it and report back later.

aami.aami
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post

ahahaha thats actually funny and true... and i thought it was just in my country...

mitchellvii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by aami.aami View Post
ahahaha thats actually funny and true... and i thought it was just in my country...
The BestBuy Samsung reps are the worst of all. I literally have gone away from a conversation with one thinking, my god that was a stupid person. I've stood there as a Samsung rep tried demonstrating a product to another customer and it was clear they had no idea how the device functioned.

Alexpride
Old
(Last edited by Alexpride; 24th June 2014 at 05:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Yes, it is true. But not everyone at best buy knew about it