Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,704 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Questions about switching rome

Tip us?
 
no_username_available
Old
#1  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 316
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toronto
Default [Q] Questions about switching rome

Hello, I'm running CM 11 and have backed up via titanium backup and via my recovery, if i wipe my device and install another rom and restore it to the current backup, will my device be mostly the same? What I'm wondering is, will all my messages and so be saved? Also i have a lot of my apps and data on an sd card, if i remove the sd card wipe phone, then out it back in, will it all be the same or will i face issues? Thanks in advance
 
serio22
Old
#2  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 698
Posts: 2,173
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
It will be the same

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kriptik210
Old
#3  
Kriptik210's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 420
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Crystal River
Use your google account to backup you contacts and messages.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............
The Following User Says Thank You to Kriptik210 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
no_username_available
Old
#4  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 316
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptik210 View Post
Use your google account to backup you contacts and messages.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
how would i do that sorry I'm very new to this, i used to be an iPhone person where i could just use iTunes :P
 
Kriptik210
Old
#5  
Kriptik210's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 420
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Crystal River
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available View Post
how would i do that sorry I'm very new to this, i used to be an iPhone person where i could just use iTunes :P
Settings/Accounts/Google/ then tap your email address at the top

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

You can also do it with your Samsung account

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............
The Following User Says Thank You to Kriptik210 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
no_username_available
Old
#6  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 316
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptik210 View Post
Settings/Accounts/Google/ then tap your email address at the top

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

You can also do it with your Samsung account

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thanks a ton bud
 
Kriptik210
Old
#7  
Kriptik210's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 420
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Crystal River
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available View Post
thanks a ton bud
No broblem

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............
Tags
cm11, noob, rom, switching
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes