FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] BusyBox and SU

23rd June 2014, 02:46 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Can we install BusyBox and SuperSU both on the NC1 AT&T S4 after rooting it with the towelroot? I want to use some features of secure settings which requires busybox.

Thanks
23rd June 2014, 02:59 AM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,682
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

Can we install BusyBox and SuperSU both on the NC1 AT&T S4 after rooting it with the towelroot? I want to use some features of secure settings which requires busybox.

Thanks

I know you can install supersu and I assume you can install busybox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2014, 03:07 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I know you can install supersu and I assume you can install busybox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

I meant both at the same time.
23rd June 2014, 03:10 AM |#4  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,682
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

I meant both at the same time.

I know, I assume you can. I don't know why not. You can on other devices. I just have not done it on the i337

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2014, 03:14 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I know, I assume you can. I don't know why not. You can on other devices. I just have not done it on the i337

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app


I just had a concern regarding the same binaries conflict.. but if it works on different devices.. then i guess it should work on S4 too.

Thanks
23rd June 2014, 03:32 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

I just had a concern regarding the same binaries conflict.. but if it works on different devices.. then i guess it should work on S4 too.

Thanks

I have both installed on mine and I'm on NC1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd June 2014, 04:27 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

I just had a concern regarding the same binaries conflict.. but if it works on different devices.. then i guess it should work on S4 too.

Thanks

Busybox and supersu handle separate functionalities. Busybox provides Linux utilities that applications/user can use. Super user is used to manage root requests from applications.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes