Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Towelroot Tmobile Note 3

OP androidmasterrace

23rd June 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
I was wondering if anyone has tried towelroot on a Tmobile note 3? If you have did it work?
23rd June 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,216

735 posts
Donate to Me
More
It works fine up until NE6.. it won't work in NF1. You can always Odin back to NE6 to use it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 11

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace

I was wondering if anyone has tried towelroot on a Tmobile note 3? If you have did it work?

As long as your updated to NE6. I updated via kies and rooted. Very simple.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
23rd June 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
will it work if i dont update to NE6
23rd June 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

272 posts
No. Well it doesn't work with nb4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot
Last edited by androidmasterrace; 23rd June 2014 at 02:43 PM.
23rd June 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #7  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 7

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace

Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot

All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eudeferrer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

49 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudeferrer

All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.

ok sorry to ask but just to be sure, if i had NF1 and did the downgrade it will NOT change my knox from 0x0 to 0x1?
24th June 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #9  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 7

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare reaper

ok sorry to ask but just to be sure, if i had NF1 and did the downgrade it will NOT change my knox from 0x0 to 0x1?

No. Simply downgrading to stock firmware will not change your Knox status to 0x1. I downgraded myself in order to gain root and I'm still at 0x0.
24th June 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudeferrer

When i try to load the NE6 firmware it fails because it says i dont have a pit partition what do i do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread