Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Towelroot Tmobile Note 3

Tip us?

androidmasterrace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Towelroot Tmobile Note 3

I was wondering if anyone has tried towelroot on a Tmobile note 3? If you have did it work?

effortless
Old
Thanks Meter 693

DONATE TO ME
It works fine up until NE6.. it won't work in NF1. You can always Odin back to NE6 to use it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Pajar0913
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace View Post
I was wondering if anyone has tried towelroot on a Tmobile note 3? If you have did it work?
As long as your updated to NE6. I updated via kies and rooted. Very simple.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

androidmasterrace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
will it work if i dont update to NE6

howdyace
Old
Thanks Meter 38
No. Well it doesn't work with nb4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

androidmasterrace
Old
(Last edited by androidmasterrace; 23rd June 2014 at 01:43 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot

Eudeferrer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace View Post
Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot

All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.
If I've helped you in any way.....Don't forget to hit the Thank You button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eudeferrer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nightmare reaper
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudeferrer View Post
All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.
ok sorry to ask but just to be sure, if i had NF1 and did the downgrade it will NOT change my knox from 0x0 to 0x1?

Eudeferrer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare reaper View Post
ok sorry to ask but just to be sure, if i had NF1 and did the downgrade it will NOT change my knox from 0x0 to 0x1?
No. Simply downgrading to stock firmware will not change your Knox status to 0x1. I downgraded myself in order to gain root and I'm still at 0x0.
If I've helped you in any way.....Don't forget to hit the Thank You button.

androidmasterrace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudeferrer View Post
When i try to load the NE6 firmware it fails because it says i dont have a pit partition what do i do?