NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How stable is Xposed on the GS5?

OP Br4nd3n

23rd June 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59

235 posts
I just rooted with Towel root and did all the goodies (debloated, etc). I'd like to use Xposed for Gravity box or Wanam. I noticed some threads are complaints about the phone acting up after installing the framework, others say it's module associated.

Curious to how stable the framework is. Is anyone experiencing anything without running any modules, or with Wanam/Gravitybox?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd June 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
Nothing wrong with me so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403498913250.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2812922  
23rd June 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 27

129 posts
Depends on what you want, I did the Xposed and Wanam, but lost private mode and S health. They worked fine but I do use the S health, so waiting to see if someone can get them all playing well together.
23rd June 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 451

969 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke

Depends on what you want, I did the Xposed and Wanam, but lost private mode and S health. They worked fine but I do use the S health, so waiting to see if someone can get them all playing well together.

this is what you do to get s health to work:

Make sure the Xposed isn’t installed.
We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.
Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.
Now change the line to “ro.securestorage.support=false”.
Install the Xposed framework again.
The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.
23rd June 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269

this is what you do to get s health to work:

Make sure the Xposed isn’t installed.
We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.
Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.
Now change the line to “ro.securestorage.support=false”.
Install the Xposed framework again.
The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.

I tried this, but I could never get s health to work again even with Xposed uninstalled. I have gone back to unrooted stock for now.
23rd June 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 166

422 posts
Same here. All is good using wannam and Exposed G-Touchwiz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 124

337 posts
More
I have no issues with anything. Bloat gone and Knox disabled. I didn't buy the S5 for all of Samsung's gimmicky features, so I don't care if they're there or not.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403547390283.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	2813832  
23rd June 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 298

772 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhoIy

I have no issues with anything. Bloat gone and Knox disabled. I didn't buy the S5 for all of Samsung's gimmicky features, so I don't care if they're there or not.

Private mode works too, correct?

23rd June 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
All is good using Wannam, Exposed G-Touchwiz and RootCloak!
Just remember to enable the modules after you install and reboot to insure they're active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br4nd3n

I just rooted with Towel root and did all the goodies (debloated, etc). I'd like to use Xposed for Gravity box or Wanam. I noticed some threads are complaints about the phone acting up after installing the framework, others say it's module associated.

Curious to how stable the framework is. Is anyone experiencing anything without running any modules, or with Wanam/Gravitybox?

24th June 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 55

206 posts
More
i am a rooting expert but i am new to xposed and dont really know how to use it. it there some tutorial out here somewhere ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread