Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Crazy Touch Screen Not Responding Bugs with my G3

Tip us?

deedscreen
Old
(Last edited by deedscreen; 16th July 2014 at 05:29 PM.) Reason: Code Fix/Confirmed Fix
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Default Crazy Touch Screen Not Responding Bugs with my G3

So most of us know about the System UI crash when using Chromecast, but this is even stranger. [Edit: an OTA update fixed this.] Some times, when I wake my phone up at the lockscreen or at times in the middle of a call - the touch screen stops responding. I can press and/or hold the volume buttons and there is a response on screen but I can not interact with the phone at that point. I can't continue to do battery pulls everytime. This is crazy. I'm on stock software. No crazy mods or anything. I've done a reset in the past and flashed the stock package again but this still happens every few hours. Only happens when the screen just wakes up...

Edit: This is a confirmed fix for me.

If you face the same issue, try:

open dialer
press 3845#* INSERT THREE DIGETS OF YOUR MODEL NUMBER THE PRESS #, for example, I am the F400K, so 3845#*400#
Hardware Device Test > Touch
update touch firmware
touch firmware version
wait 10 sec
reboot
I Support Android, Wear, TV, Auto, Nexus, Silver, & More

If someone has helped you, please be sure to hit the THANKS button!
My Current Devices:

Code:
LG G3 T-Mobile (D851): Stock 4.4
(LG G3: Olleh F400K Korean Model)
Samsung Galaxy S3 T999: Carbon 4.4 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"
Gionee Elife E6
Motorola Atrix HD
Motorola Photon Q
Google Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to deedscreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,430

DONATE TO ME
I would say there is a misbehaving app causing the phone to lag in wake (that is all the unresponsiveness will be, extreme lag).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

deedscreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
@Lennyuk - tried for over 30minutes after leaving it alone, I doubt it's a delay... Battery pulls work, but that's not the point.

My Current Devices:

Code:
Gionee Elife E6
Motorola Atrix HD
Motorola Photon Q
Google Chromecast

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedscreen View Post
@Lennyuk - tried for over 30minutes after leaving it alone, I doubt it's a delay... Battery pulls work, but that's not the point.
That was not his point.....to Find the app that is causing it go one by one uninstalling until you find it.... Something probably to do with app and the screen

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mikeythedude
Old
(Last edited by mikeythedude; 24th June 2014 at 01:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
That was not his point.....to Find the app that is causing it go one by one uninstalling until you find it.... Something probably to do with app and the screen

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Totally agree with @Epix4G on this one. I am assuming you had a korean variant? The SK Telecom stock image is pretty ugly. Took me 3 debloat attempts before I had it behaving the way I wanted it to, but before I debloated, I had some lag issues (SK Telecom... grrrhhh).

Historically, Korean carriers (much like AT&T and Verizon) love putting useless junk on the phones for "productivity" but really they are there to charge Korean users more for other services, etc.

If you haven't done so, I would root and debloat, and see how big of a difference it makes (absolutely amazing performance after debloating on my F400S).

deedscreen
Old
(Last edited by deedscreen; 16th July 2014 at 05:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
^^^^ - Will take that into consideration.

This may be a possible fix for now, can't yet confirm

open dialer
press 3845#* INSERT THREE DIGETS OF YOUR MODEL NUMBER THE PRESS #, for example, I am the F400K, so 3845#*400#
Hardware Device Test > Touch
update touch firmware
touch firmware version
wait 10 sec

reboot

It may or may not help

EDIT: It's been a few weeks and I haven't had this issue again. Usually every 4-6 hours it used to happen after powering on the screen, but so far so good.

My Current Devices:

Code:
Gionee Elife E6
Motorola Atrix HD
Motorola Photon Q
Google Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to deedscreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

J_Dutch
Old
Thanks Meter 327
This is happening when the screen is on right? Or is the screen turning off and then not turning I again?

Daum Ex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You need to keep Knock feature on, someone already said this. That's why your screen is freezing.

icon71
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daum Ex View Post
You need to keep Knock feature on, someone already said this. That's why your screen is freezing.
Upps, yes, I just read this message now. To late: I was in the shop now and got mine exchanged. Anyway, that issue with the knock on feature should be solved also by LG: it's not acceptable, that the phone is always unlocking in my pocket.But then I wait with deactivating knock on for the moment.

So bad: such a good phone and such an annoying bug

Daum Ex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon71 View Post
Upps, yes, I just read this message now. To late: I was in the shop now and got mine exchanged. Anyway, that issue with the knock on feature should be solved also by LG: it's not acceptable, that the phone is always unlocking in my pocket.But then I wait with deactivating knock on for the moment.

So bad: such a good phone and such an annoying bug
I sold mine after a few days, i was sick with it. I disabled the knock feature through the hidden menu only to have the screen freeze every day. What, i can't use the phone the way i like? I have to face the screen outwards in my pocket and risk damaging it? Screw that...

That, plus the overheating and horrible build quality (back got scratched in my pocket) was a deal breaker for me...
The Following User Says Thank You to Daum Ex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]