No registration required

Nexus 10 Recovery - USB not enabled

OP garysargent

23rd June 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Hi,

When entering recovery mode on the Nexus 10 (Android 4.4.3), when I connect the tablet up the a computer it does not detect a USB device. This is not the usual driver related issue - nothing shows up in device manager - it is as though the USB cable isn't even connected. The usual sound from Windows when you connect a device does not sound.

I can connect fine when the Nexus 10 is booted, and I can call "adb reboot recovery" and the tablet reboots to recovery, but then there is no USB connection.

To reiterate - there are no driver issues as I'm not even getting as far as loading a driver! I've tried two different computers (Windows 8.1 and Windows 7) and two different USB cables.

Anyone seen this before? Why is USB disabled when in recovery?

Thanks,

Gary.
24th June 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,760

2,192 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysargent

Hi,

When entering recovery mode on the Nexus 10 (Android 4.4.3), when I connect the tablet up the a computer it does not detect a USB device. This is not the usual driver related issue - nothing shows up in device manager - it is as though the USB cable isn't even connected. The usual sound from Windows when you connect a device does not sound.

I can connect fine when the Nexus 10 is booted, and I can call "adb reboot recovery" and the tablet reboots to recovery, but then there is no USB connection.

To reiterate - there are no driver issues as I'm not even getting as far as loading a driver! I've tried two different computers (Windows 8.1 and Windows 7) and two different USB cables.

Anyone seen this before? Why is USB disabled when in recovery?

Thanks,

Gary.

Your on the stock recovery ?
24th June 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Your on the stock recovery ?

Sorry should have mentioned. Yes completely stock.
24th June 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,760

2,192 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysargent

Sorry should have mentioned. Yes completely stock.

I was unaware that the stock recovery had adb..

Let me look into this..

Thx Josh
24th June 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Figured this out thanks - turns out "adb reboot recovery" doesn't put the device into a state of waiting for a sideload - you have to do a further press of POWER+VolUp to bring up the menu then select sideload via ADB - the USB then kicks in! Doh.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread