Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No SMS while on WiFi??

Tip us?
 
gr0wlithee
Old
(Last edited by gr0wlithee; 23rd June 2014 at 11:11 PM.) Reason: adding more info
#1  
gr0wlithee's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Question [Q] No SMS while on WiFi??

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue!

For the past three weeks, I can't send/receive texts or even calls sometimes while WiFi is turned on. However, when I'm out and not connected to WiFi, there is no issue. I've tried calling T-Mobile but all they wanted to do was factory reset my phone. When I DO get phone calls, the other people seem as though they are breaking up and I can't understand them AT ALL. And when I do manage to send texts, they take forever to reach their destinations.

Anyone else experiencing this?
 
1iwilly
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 222
Join Date: Aug 2011
i had that kind of issue after installing adblockplus couldn't even download mms or sms.or if the sms would take long time to send.i remove adbplus fix the issue at least for me
so trace back if you started having the problem after adding an app.????

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

also on my daughters same problem no apps install t-mobile had here take out the batt then the sim card wait 30 seconds re install everything back. they re flash the sim over the air. hope this helps
 
gr0wlithee
Old
#3  
gr0wlithee's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post
i had that kind of issue after installing adblockplus couldn't even download mms or sms.or if the sms would take long time to send.i remove adbplus fix the issue at least for me
so trace back if you started having the problem after adding an app.????

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

also on my daughters same problem no apps install t-mobile had here take out the batt then the sim card wait 30 seconds re install everything back. they re flash the sim over the air. hope this helps
thanks for the answer! I used to have adblockplus but I uninstalleunit and did a factory reset and the problem still persists. I tried the other solution also and it worked for a good five minutes and now back to square one...

It's getting really annoying because I feel as though TMobile didn't really know what was going on either.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
1iwilly
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 222
Join Date: Aug 2011
well since last night my daughters phone would receive phone calls but she couldn't call out everything else was working call t-mobile again had phone off had them re send signal to sim. working now but this is what bothers me now he said that it seems from time to time the sim card would disconnect from the phone and we should get in the habit of turning the phone off and then back on to fix this issue.i wouldn't tell a customer that just bought the phone 2 month ago that kind of respond especially when you are buying a $600.00+ for this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1iwilly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
TheArtiszan
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 799
Join Date: Jun 2009
What type of WiFi do you use?
I use WiFi calling on mine frequently and don't have any problems.
For the sms, are you using hangouts for texting?
 
gr0wlithee
Old
#6  
gr0wlithee's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan View Post
What type of WiFi do you use?
I use WiFi calling on mine frequently and don't have any problems.
For the sms, are you using hangouts for texting?
Just your average home WiFi connection if that's what you're asking.. I saw that WiFi calling was causing the problem for some people so it's been turned off on my phone for a while.

And I used to use hangouts but I switched back to regular messaging.... Then a few weeks later, this problem!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
mahanddeem
Old
#7  
mahanddeem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 1,207
Join Date: Nov 2011
Some people reported same type of issues when they had"smart network switch" on. Disable that if it's on and see if that fixes the problem.
 
gr0wlithee
Old
#8  
gr0wlithee's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem View Post
Some people reported same type of issues when they had"smart network switch" on. Disable that if it's on and see if that fixes the problem.
Thanks I'll be sure to give it a try and see what happens!
Tags
galaxy s5, sms, tmobile, wifi
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes