Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Safest way to go from MI7 to NE6

OP Daved+

25th June 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #1  
Daved+'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Hey

Well, I finally decided to update, I'm on rooted JB (knox 0x0 and I want to keep it that way). Can I mobile odin the NE6 rom and inject root (and pc odin the bl) or is the any other better way?

Thank you,

David
25th June 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Hey David,

Do it from a PC. I'm not sure why but Mobile Odin doesnt work when trying to go NE6.

good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to lwdjdmr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #3  
Daved+'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwdjdmr

Hey David,

Do it from a PC. I'm not sure why but Mobile Odin doesnt work when trying to go NE6.

good luck!

Do you mean I odin NE6 with the pc directly from MI7 and then use towel root?

Or is it better if I take the OTA first?

I want to stay rooted and region unlocked.

Thank you
25th June 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #4  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,945
 
5,219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
error post
Last edited by Misterjunky; 25th June 2014 at 10:53 AM.
25th June 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
And apparently its now NF1 not NE6.

you could follow Effortless ROM guide to help you out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post52968449

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to lwdjdmr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #6  
Daved+'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwdjdmr

And apparently its now NF1 not NE6.

you could follow Effortless ROM guide to help you out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post52968449

Hope this helps.

I want NE6, I read you can odin back from NF1 to NE6 but I'm not sure what happens with knox (and the region unlock).

I read it before but the Effortless ROM guide is kind of risky because it says to root the phone (trips knox on NF1) to reflash the baseband if it fails while flashing the full ROM so I prefer some other way.

Thank you
26th June 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Oswego, Il
Thanks Meter: 16
 
764 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daved+

I want NE6, I read you can odin back from NF1 to NE6 but I'm not sure what happens with knox (and the region unlock).

I read it before but the Effortless ROM guide is kind of risky because it says to root the phone (trips knox on NF1) to reflash the baseband if it fails while flashing the full ROM so I prefer some other way.

Thank you

Can't you use triangle to just go back to 0x0 after you trip it?
26th June 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #8  
Daved+'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyDivine

Can't you use triangle to just go back to 0x0 after you trip it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2486346
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes