FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have updated my N8010 to 4.4.2. I was really hoping that it had the Google search feature where you say 'ok Google' like my S4 has, but it doesn't. I was wondering if there was any way of getting this feature onto my tablet?.

Thanks in advance

Scotty.
25th June 2014, 11:15 PM |#2  
manmikey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Its there on my N8010 on kitkat, there is a voice search app in the app draw and I can also access it through the google search widget

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Premium HD app
27th June 2014, 06:23 PM |#3  
karaern's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag beyond northern pole
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuktukscotty

I have updated my N8010 to 4.4.2. I was really hoping that it had the Google search feature where you say 'ok Google' like my S4 has, but it doesn't. I was wondering if there was any way of getting this feature onto my tablet?.

Thanks in advance

Scotty.

google voice never ever work on devices w/o sim card, but flashed with roms and mic files designed for devices that have simcard (reasons are far too long to discuss here....so accept it)
i mean u can never be able to have correctly working any mic applications on if you flash n8000 rom on a wifi only n8010/n8013....
so try to flash n8010/n8013 roms....
or there is another way...
u can struggle several weeks till you repair the issue and be happy that u had done it by yourself...
27th June 2014, 07:33 PM |#4  
tuktukscotty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridlington
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karaern

google voice never ever work on devices w/o sim card, but flashed with roms and mic files designed for devices that have simcard (reasons are far too long to discuss here....so accept it)
i mean u can never be able to have correctly working any mic applications on if you flash n8000 rom on a wifi only n8010/n8013....
so try to flash n8010/n8013 roms....
or there is another way...
u can struggle several weeks till you repair the issue and be happy that u had done it by yourself...

That doesn't really make sense because if you click the search bar at the top left and then say 'ok Google' it works fine from there. It's just not always active like it is on my phone. Oh well I can put up with it as it is without any worries.

Thanks for your reply

Scotty.
27th June 2014, 06:42 PM |#5  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 605
 
Donate to Me
More
Nova launcher offers this.
27th June 2014, 06:50 PM |#6  
karaern's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag beyond northern pole
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

Nova launcher offers this.

so try it and report them bugs....thats the way it goes!
28th June 2014, 12:57 AM |#7  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 605
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karaern

so try it and report them bugs....thats the way it goes!

mine works perfectly, no extra battery drain, no bugs to report.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes