Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nokia X2 Views

Tip us?

dev27
Old
(Last edited by dev27; 25th June 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Nokia X2 Views

Its time already!
Just when Nokia X range devices have started fading, we now have the new Nokia X2, quite a surprise from Nokia and Microsoft. This time, they have made some noticable improvements, especially with the hardware. They have offered a RAM with an entire gig, a 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 200 dual-core Cortex A7 processor, a 5MP camera with LED flash along with a front camera, two hardware keys, one for home and the other is the back key, a glassy transparent panel as found in the Asha phones along with Nokia's ClearBack display with resolution 480x800, 217 ppi. As for the software, it features Nokia X Software Platform 2.0, AOSP API level 18, with Windows Phone like app drawer, fastlane and more controls on the top bar.

Nokia X2

So, it seems that Nokia is still stuck with Jelly Bean. Maybe this time, we get 4.3 but it just isn't enough. When 4.4.4 is rolling out, 4.3 seems a little old. But who cares, new updated custom ROMs are gonna fly in, at no time. As for the highlight, it is priced around EUR 99, making it rougly around Rs.8500 or 140 USD. Quite satisfactory, isn't it. But, the question still remains, will Nokia X2 do the trick?
Being a Nokia X user, my personal opinion would be to give it a try. When Nokia released X, the common opinion was that Nokia was trying to make Android appear buggy by providing such a low level hardware. But Nokia has broken that talk by providing a way better hardware improvement and by still showing importance in the X Software Platform devices. One thing is still certain, Microsoft is trying its level best to compete with Google services, but it is no where near Google. But at this stage, the X platform is a plus for Microsoft and it seems like Microsoft isn't gonna give up. It will be of no surprise if new devices roll out in the near future.

So people, what are your views over Nokia X2? Post it in this thread. Lets hear some common opinions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dev27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiger411
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev27 View Post
Its time already!
Just when Nokia X range devices have started fading, we now have the new Nokia X2, quite a surprise from Nokia and Microsoft. This time, they have made some noticable improvements, especially with the hardware. They have offered a RAM with an entire gig, a 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 200 dual-core Cortex A7 processor, a 5MP camera with LED flash along with a front camera, two hardware keys, one for home and the other is the back key, a glassy transparent panel as found in the Asha phones along with Nokia's ClearBack display with resolution 480x800, 217 ppi. As for the software, it features Nokia X Software Platform 2.0, AOSP API level 18, with Windows Phone like app drawer, fastlane and more controls on the top bar.

Nokia X2

So, it seems that Nokia is still stuck with Jelly Bean. Maybe this time, we get 4.3 but it just isn't enough. When 4.4.4 is rolling out, 4.3 seems a little old. But who cares, new updated custom ROMs are gonna fly in, at no time. As for the highlight, it is priced around EUR 99, making it rougly around Rs.8500 or 140 USD. Quite satisfactory, isn't it. But, the question still remains, will Nokia X2 do the trick?
Being a Nokia X user, my personal opinion would be to give it a try. When Nokia released X, the common opinion was that Nokia was trying to make Android appear buggy by providing such a low level hardware. But Nokia has broken that talk by providing a way better hardware improvement and by still showing importance in the X Software Platform devices. One thing is still certain, Microsoft is trying its level best to compete with Google services, but it is no where near Google. But at this stage, the X platform is a plus for Microsoft and it seems like Microsoft isn't gonna give up. It will be of no surprise if new devices roll out in the near future.

So people, what are your views over Nokia X2? Post it in this thread. Lets hear some common opinions.
I have XL, what i can say is, i'm very satisfied with its performance. Those who are telling negative about X platform really hater's that don't having the device.

I will get a new android nokia when they will release another 5'' display, maybe X2L, who knows.

dev27
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger411 View Post
I have XL, what i can say is, i'm very satisfied with its performance. Those who are telling negative about X platform really hater's that don't having the device.

I will get a new android nokia when they will release another 5'' display, maybe X2L, who knows.
For a new android user, or for some one who is not into much development, I would recommend the Nokia X software platform devices. But as far as developers are considered, the X platform devices are not upto the mark. Nokia X2 can be considered as a recognizable device. If only Nokia and Microsoft take further steps into developing a much better device, who knows, these devices can really be something. Just imagine, if we were to get the best of Android's brains, Windows' looks and Nokia's hardware...

Shahi00
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry Good to see some activity :)

Well..guys i'm interested in this device but before than i wanna know something
Any cool dev like dhacker29 interested in this device? For developing?
Since Moto E have same chipset it won't be too hard to get KITKAT running on this device i think !!
Dhacker also got dual sim working on Moto G !
That's why wanted him since Nokia X2 is a dual sim variant only (?)

piko1bg
Old
(Last edited by piko1bg; 12th July 2014 at 04:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
well what can i say the platform updates are good thing i love my nokia x well nokia x2 looks very tempting a Nokia with Microsoft and google quality no one can beat this thing what i dislike about this phone is the more asha look for instance if you have a Lumia 630 next to the x1 you cant tell them apart the other thing is the 2nd button i just dont get it why someone will need that
what we need now is cortana on the x

im impressed from my phone performance i agree with tiger411
Those who are telling negative about X platform really hater's that never had the device
but i will add : or test it for more than 30 days

Sharif-othman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Personally I couldn't care less about Google Play, it's restricted in my country so I have always used alternative market apps and they work perfectly fine. I can't wait to get the new x2

Dom3616
Old
Thanks Meter 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahi00 View Post
Well..guys i'm interested in this device but before than i wanna know something
Any cool dev like dhacker29 interested in this device? For developing?
Since Moto E have same chipset it won't be too hard to get KITKAT running on this device i think !!
Dhacker also got dual sim working on Moto G !
That's why wanted him since Nokia X2 is a dual sim variant only (?)
I'm really interested. But sadly, I don't have the device. Only Nokia X.
Hit thanks if my post helped you.
Me? A Nokia Dev. Currently working on Lewa OS for Nokia XL and KitKat.

My works:

mgama
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs down bye bye X2

Bad news!
Microsoft cancelled Nokia X2 and all Android developments!!!!
Seems that X2 production was reduced to a number like a few Ks total, have to wait until late September for more news, maybe will be available a limited number of devices on some markets.
What a waste of time and energy waiting for this device!!
Really canīt expect coherency from this Redmond guys, since Bill Gates leaved MS the public expectation and what clients want to see donīt count.
What does this people want for a company anyway????
Tags
nokia x, nokia x2, normandy