Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Porting MT6582 to MT6572

Tip us?
 
nightwalker
Old
#1  
nightwalker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Posts: 617
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Uttar Pradesh>Meerut
Question [Q]Porting MT6582 to MT6572

Hello Guys,I searched for Lewa Os 5 for MT6572 but I didn't find any.So,I thought to download MT6582 as these chips are in combination like MT6589 to MT6577.I downloaded Wiko darkmoon . @superdragonpt created or ported it.I want it for my use,If got successful then I will take permission from him.I patched the rom with my stock files.The updater-script was just fine with exactly same mount points as in my Xolo A500s.I unpacked boot.img with michfood's packing and unpacking tools ,but the thing that I am worried is the boot.img of 6 mb shrinked to 4 mb!I just edited init.rc and added bootclasspath of lewa.

But,it didn't boot.I think I need to replace my ram disk in my boot with wiko dark moon's boot ram disk.Could I port this way?
Is it possible to port MT6582 to MT6572?It's my first time of cross-porting.
Please,I need some help on this!
G: D.B.X -Gingerbean Dream Bolt X | Xolo A500s | Micromax A25 | Micromax A110 | Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3
1.[GUIDE]Owner Profile In Owner Profile
2.Xolo A500s | All-In-One-Discussion-Thread

Phones: Xolo A500s-S019 Stock Rom | Micromax A25-G: D.B.X Reloaded | Micromax A110-Galaxy S5 Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to nightwalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
superdragonpt
Old
#2  
superdragonpt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4970
Posts: 1,558
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lisbon

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi

A: Rom was built from scratch ( not an port ), i used LeWa patchroom ( just like MIUI's patchroom).
LeWa patchroom is Closed Source (proprietary) so i can't help you with that


B: You should be able to "port" it to your device, concerning kernel:
- Use ( mandatory) LeWa's ramdisk
- If your kernel after repack is smaller, thats rather normal , its just an question of compression %.

Also since we are talking about port of diff SoC's there are other things that you'll need to fix:
- SoC ID on updater-script; ramdisk: build.prop; etc.
- Also keep in mind that LeWa itself its an themed rom, so its uses an 2nd framework ( lewa-res) that works under the main one, you may need to patch other things in the process.

--> For this, check the MT65xx porting thread, its very usefull.


Regards
If you like my work press Thanks, and feel free to Donate, and buy me an beer


Latest work :
Mediatek MT6582 SoC: (Wiko DarkMoon)
JB 4.2.2 / Carliv Touch Recovery
LeWa Os v5

Mediatek MT8125 SoC: (Asus Memo Pad HD 7)

JB 4.2.2 / AOSP / Carliv Touch Recovery

Mediatek MT6577 SoC: (ZTE V970 / v970m)
Custom Kernel
AOSP 4.1.2 w/ Custom Kernel


All the other Projects

The Following User Says Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nightwalker
Old
#3  
nightwalker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Posts: 617
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Uttar Pradesh>Meerut
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt View Post
Hi

A: Rom was built from scratch ( not an port ), i used LeWa patchroom ( just like MIUI's patchroom).
LeWa patchroom is Closed Source (proprietary) so i can't help you with that


B: You should be able to "port" it to your device, concerning kernel:
- Use ( mandatory) LeWa's ramdisk
- If your kernel after repack is smaller, thats rather normal , its just an question of compression %.

Also since we are talking about port of diff SoC's there are other things that you'll need to fix:
- SoC ID on updater-script; ramdisk: build.prop; etc.
- Also keep in mind that LeWa itself its an themed rom, so its uses an 2nd framework ( lewa-res) that works under the main one, you may need to patch other things in the process.

--> For this, check the MT65xx porting thread, its very usefull.


Regards
Thanks for your infomative reply.Ok,I done most the things.Rather than replacing ram disk,I added bootclasspath in init.rc
How can I make lewa from scratch?I haven't heard it before.
G: D.B.X -Gingerbean Dream Bolt X | Xolo A500s | Micromax A25 | Micromax A110 | Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3
1.[GUIDE]Owner Profile In Owner Profile
2.Xolo A500s | All-In-One-Discussion-Thread

Phones: Xolo A500s-S019 Stock Rom | Micromax A25-G: D.B.X Reloaded | Micromax A110-Galaxy S5 Rom
 
navneetasnavi
Old
#4  
navneetasnavi's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 97
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ludhiana
Default Give a try to This

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalker View Post
Thanks for your infomative reply.Ok,I done most the things.Rather than replacing ram disk,I added bootclasspath in init.rc
How can I make lewa from scratch?I haven't heard it before.
Using unpack tool by Michfood unpack your stock boot.img and boot.img of the rom u want to port ... then only replace kernel and kernel header from base to port and repack the image ... and try to flash the rom
Phone: XOLO A600
Recovery : TWRP 2.3
Android version : 4.2.2
Kernel version : 3.4.5
Baseband version : MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P4
Build number : XOLO_A600_S111_11212013
PRESS IF I HELPED YOU SOMEHOW
 
nightwalker
Old
#5  
nightwalker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Posts: 617
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Uttar Pradesh>Meerut
Quote:
Originally Posted by navneetasnavi View Post
Using unpack tool by Michfood unpack your stock boot.img and boot.img of the rom u want to port ... then only replace kernel and kernel header from base to port and repack the image ... and try to flash the rom
I knew it won't work,as I knew that we need to replace ram disk.I did it and I have managed to come till boot anim.
G: D.B.X -Gingerbean Dream Bolt X | Xolo A500s | Micromax A25 | Micromax A110 | Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3
1.[GUIDE]Owner Profile In Owner Profile
2.Xolo A500s | All-In-One-Discussion-Thread

Phones: Xolo A500s-S019 Stock Rom | Micromax A25-G: D.B.X Reloaded | Micromax A110-Galaxy S5 Rom
 
navneetasnavi
Old
#6  
navneetasnavi's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 97
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ludhiana
So what ?? At least give a try to the way i suggested It booted up the oppo rom for my device. :/
Phone: XOLO A600
Recovery : TWRP 2.3
Android version : 4.2.2
Kernel version : 3.4.5
Baseband version : MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P4
Build number : XOLO_A600_S111_11212013
PRESS IF I HELPED YOU SOMEHOW
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more