Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Porting MT6582 to MT6572

Tip us?

nightwalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Question [Q]Porting MT6582 to MT6572

Hello Guys,I searched for Lewa Os 5 for MT6572 but I didn't find any.So,I thought to download MT6582 as these chips are in combination like MT6589 to MT6577.I downloaded Wiko darkmoon . @superdragonpt created or ported it.I want it for my use,If got successful then I will take permission from him.I patched the rom with my stock files.The updater-script was just fine with exactly same mount points as in my Xolo A500s.I unpacked boot.img with michfood's packing and unpacking tools ,but the thing that I am worried is the boot.img of 6 mb shrinked to 4 mb!I just edited init.rc and added bootclasspath of lewa.

But,it didn't boot.I think I need to replace my ram disk in my boot with wiko dark moon's boot ram disk.Could I port this way?
Is it possible to port MT6582 to MT6572?It's my first time of cross-porting.
Please,I need some help on this!
G: D.B.X -Gingerbean Dream Bolt X | Xolo A500s | Micromax A25 | Micromax A110 | Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3
1.[GUIDE]Owner Profile In Owner Profile
2.Xolo A500s | All-In-One-Discussion-Thread

Phones: Xolo A500s-S019 Stock Rom | Micromax A25-G: D.B.X Reloaded | Micromax A110-Galaxy S5 Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to nightwalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superdragonpt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4970

DONATE TO ME
Hi

A: Rom was built from scratch ( not an port ), i used LeWa patchroom ( just like MIUI's patchroom).
LeWa patchroom is Closed Source (proprietary) so i can't help you with that

B: You should be able to "port" it to your device, concerning kernel:
- Use ( mandatory) LeWa's ramdisk
- If your kernel after repack is smaller, thats rather normal , its just an question of compression %.

Also since we are talking about port of diff SoC's there are other things that you'll need to fix:
- SoC ID on updater-script; ramdisk: build.prop; etc.
- Also keep in mind that LeWa itself its an themed rom, so its uses an 2nd framework ( lewa-res) that works under the main one, you may need to patch other things in the process.

--> For this, check the MT65xx porting thread, its very usefull.

Regards
If you like my work press Thanks, and feel free to Donate, and buy me an beer

Latest work :
Mediatek MT6582 SoC: (Wiko DarkMoon)
JB 4.2.2 / Carliv Touch Recovery
LeWa Os v5

Mediatek MT8125 SoC: (Asus Memo Pad HD 7)

JB 4.2.2 / AOSP / Carliv Touch Recovery

Mediatek MT6577 SoC: (ZTE V970 / v970m)
Custom Kernel
AOSP 4.1.2 w/ Custom Kernel

All the other Projects

The Following User Says Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nightwalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt View Post
Hi

A: Rom was built from scratch ( not an port ), i used LeWa patchroom ( just like MIUI's patchroom).
LeWa patchroom is Closed Source (proprietary) so i can't help you with that

B: You should be able to "port" it to your device, concerning kernel:
- Use ( mandatory) LeWa's ramdisk
- If your kernel after repack is smaller, thats rather normal , its just an question of compression %.

Also since we are talking about port of diff SoC's there are other things that you'll need to fix:
- SoC ID on updater-script; ramdisk: build.prop; etc.
- Also keep in mind that LeWa itself its an themed rom, so its uses an 2nd framework ( lewa-res) that works under the main one, you may need to patch other things in the process.

--> For this, check the MT65xx porting thread, its very usefull.

Regards
Thanks for your infomative reply.Ok,I done most the things.Rather than replacing ram disk,I added bootclasspath in init.rc
How can I make lewa from scratch?I haven't heard it before.
G: D.B.X -Gingerbean Dream Bolt X | Xolo A500s | Micromax A25 | Micromax A110 | Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3

Phones: Xolo A500s-S019 Stock Rom | Micromax A25-G: D.B.X Reloaded | Micromax A110-Galaxy S5 Rom

navneetasnavi
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Default Give a try to This

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalker View Post
Thanks for your infomative reply.Ok,I done most the things.Rather than replacing ram disk,I added bootclasspath in init.rc
How can I make lewa from scratch?I haven't heard it before.
Using unpack tool by Michfood unpack your stock boot.img and boot.img of the rom u want to port ... then only replace kernel and kernel header from base to port and repack the image ... and try to flash the rom
Phone: XOLO A600
Recovery : TWRP 2.3
Android version : 4.2.2
Kernel version : 3.4.5
Baseband version : MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P4
Build number : XOLO_A600_S111_11212013
PRESS IF I HELPED YOU SOMEHOW

nightwalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by navneetasnavi View Post
Using unpack tool by Michfood unpack your stock boot.img and boot.img of the rom u want to port ... then only replace kernel and kernel header from base to port and repack the image ... and try to flash the rom
I knew it won't work,as I knew that we need to replace ram disk.I did it and I have managed to come till boot anim.

navneetasnavi
Old
Thanks Meter 54
So what ?? At least give a try to the way i suggested It booted up the oppo rom for my device. :/
Phone: XOLO A600
Recovery : TWRP 2.3
Android version : 4.2.2
Kernel version : 3.4.5
Baseband version : MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P4
Build number : XOLO_A600_S111_11212013
PRESS IF I HELPED YOU SOMEHOW