Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 44,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How much memory is taken by Touch Wiz?

Tip us?

carlitos66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default How much memory is taken by Touch Wiz?

For those of you who already have it in your hands, how much memory all the crap from Samsung takes? I am deciding whether to buy the 16 gig version or wait for 32 GB version.

xRevilatioNx
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Why spend the extra $$$ on the 32? Just get a microSD card. It allows up to 128 Gigs. It's the cheaper way out. You get more for your money.
Looking for free cloud storage? Sign up under my Dropbox referral link and we'll both get 500 MB of bonus space: http://db.tt/pgIIvF5w [After signing up don't forget to install Dropbox on your computer and login or none of us will get the bonus.]

~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

Caelrie
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRevilatioNx View Post
Why spend the extra $$$ on the 32? Just get a microSD card. It allows up to 128 Gigs. It's the cheaper way out. You get more for your money.
Because a lot of things can't be installed to the SD card.

TonyBigs
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Because a lot of things can't be installed to the SD card.
That's the reason

Profit margin is huge for that additional 16GB but at least it is 16gb all freed up. Personally, I'd like to see a mSATA drive put in one.

Zeblade
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I bought the 16gb from Amazon got it yesterday. After clicking the window on screen and it installed all the FREE goodies. I had 9gb left. I then installed basically nothing and had 7gb left.

You can go to APP and it shows "install to SD-Card" Yet lets say the program is 700mb and the app is 11. Lol it puts the APP on the sd-card yet leaves the 700mb file on storage (tablet). A tad backwards

So I sent it back and got the 32gb from BestBuy.