Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 43,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Storage problem

Tip us?
 
tdamocles
Old
(Last edited by tdamocles; 28th June 2014 at 11:13 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 818
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Storage problem

Having a bit of a storage problem here. Phone is stating that I'm 75% full but I have barely any apps (100 apps including system apps) and nothing stored in internal sd. I've. Been flip flopping between aosp, cm and stock roms. Does cm or aosp roms store data on internal storage separately.?



Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk
 
fastest83
Old
#2  
fastest83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 443
Join Date: Jul 2012
It's definitely some cm or other rom folders, dig into folders that start with a "."

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
 
tdamocles
Old
(Last edited by tdamocles; 28th June 2014 at 02:39 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 818
Join Date: Aug 2009
Should that Android folder be there? Looks like apks are in a data folder. Is this a cm folder?

Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk
 
fastest83
Old
#4  
fastest83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 443
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
Should that Android folder be there? Looks like apks are in a data folder. Is this a cm folder?

Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk
Did you do nandroid backups? By cm folder I mean like some folder made by cm or some other rom...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
 
tdamocles
Old
(Last edited by tdamocles; 28th June 2014 at 09:19 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 818
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastest83 View Post
Did you do nandroid backups? By cm folder I mean like some folder made by cm or some other rom...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
I'm on an nandroid stock back up right now. I'm just wondering if CyanogenMod or AOSP makes a separate folder for file system that I'm missing.

Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk
 
blueether
Old
#6  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,104
Posts: 2,572
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
I'm on an nandroid stock back up right now. I'm just wondering if CyanogenMod or AOSP makes a separate folder for file system that I'm missing.

Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk
How many nandroid backups have you got? a nandroid of stock could run to 3 or 4 GB
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
 
fastest83
Old
#7  
fastest83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 443
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
How many nandroid backups have you got? a nandroid of stock could run to 3 or 4 GB
That's exactly what I meant.
My nandroid done like two days ago, with nothing except apps and like whatsapp media, was ~6GB...
They are of course stored in the clockworkmod folder, he just should delete some of them (namely the older ones).
Or hey, just store the backups on the sd card, he has a 128GB one, I say there's lots of space there...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
 
LordManhattan
Old
#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,653
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Be sure to check your cache usage. Some apps are caching like there's no tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403977953591.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	2822573Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403977960905.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	2822574Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403977966997.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	2822575
 
tdamocles
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 818
Join Date: Aug 2009
Okay I went into CWM and looked into SD card and saw 3 nandroids. I went and rebooted but I can't find it anywhere. Where is it ?. I deleted 2 in cwm and I'm back up to over 7 gigabytes of storage.. I can see them in CWM but I can't see them in root explorer?

Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk
 
adfurgerson
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 1,619
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
Okay I went into CWM and looked into SD card and saw 3 nandroids. I went and rebooted but I can't find it anywhere. Where is it ?. I deleted 2 in cwm and I'm back up to over 7 gigabytes of storage.. I can see them in CWM but I can't see them in root explorer?

Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk
Root Explorer has a search function (the magnifying glass icon) but be prepared to wait a while as it searches every file.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more