Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root Question

OP 2001400ex

28th June 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
I had my phone rooted with towel root and the only thing I did was fix the hot spot provisioning so I can use Foxfi. I did a factory reset last night, and the weird thing is, I still have root and Foxfi still works. I figured that when I did the factory reset, I would have to reroot and fix the hot spot again.

I guess, I am wondering why that happened? It's good actually, saved me a half hour of work. But was that because I used the factory reset in the settings rather than through a reboot?

Please educate me. LOL
28th June 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 146

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001400ex

I had my phone rooted with towel root and the only thing I did was fix the hot spot provisioning so I can use Foxfi. I did a factory reset last night, and the weird thing is, I still have root and Foxfi still works. I figured that when I did the factory reset, I would have to reroot and fix the hot spot again.

I guess, I am wondering why that happened? It's good actually, saved me a half hour of work. But was that because I used the factory reset in the settings rather than through a reboot?

Please educate me. LOL

After you root, the phone stays rooted, simples as that.
To unroot you have to flash stock rom I guess, till then, the phone will continue rooted.
If you want to send to warranty, you have to unroot and go stock.
29th June 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic2010

After you root, the phone stays rooted, simples as that.
To unroot you have to flash stock rom I guess, till then, the phone will continue rooted.
If you want to send to warranty, you have to unroot and go stock.

Yeah I guess. Lol I haven't rooted a phone since the OG droid. I thought that one you had to re root, but it's been a few years.
29th June 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 389

1,404 posts
More
Quote:

Please educate me. LOL

I dont believe a factory reset will unroot the phone. It will remove the superuser app, but the exploit will still be there. To completely unroot, you need to flash you variants tot/kdz file using the LG flash tool. That will delete and replace all files in every partition and show that your phone is unrooted. It will be exactly as it was when you opened the box.
29th June 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

I dont believe a factory reset will unroot the phone. It will remove the superuser app, but the exploit will still be there. To completely unroot, you need to flash you variants tot/kdz file using the LG flash tool. That will delete and replace all files in every partition and show that your phone is unrooted. It will be exactly as it was when you opened the box.

Yeah I don't have SU right now, just need root for foxfi. And I've read about the process to return to stock, I thought that was necessary for the other root methods.
29th June 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 389

1,404 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I don't have SU right now, just need root for foxfi. And I've read about the process to return to stock, I thought that was necessary for the other root methods.

you should be able to download supersu from the play store and root for apps should be restored without having to return to stock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread