here you are
Originally Posted by firespitta
Ok, first off i was soff unlocked.. i then updated my phone to the latest OTA sense 6. I then tried to install customs roms which ended up not booting and forcing my phone to have no OS. so not being able to access the OS or sideloading roms, i tried RUUing but couldnt get the side to side error fixed. so then i continued to try and downgrade my firmware so i can ruu the official htc 3.xx one. as soon as i downgraded to hboot 1.55, my phone isnt recognized in fastboot anymore. so i can not access my phone from either adb or fastboot. anyone have any suggestions?
I recently had the same issue, you should be able to fix this by following these steps, keep in mind, continuing this process will unroot your device. Thus, you will loose all of your data on your phone.
first begin by booting into bootloader, then plugging in your device via usb cable to your computer, it should now say "fastbootusb" on the device's screen.
if you don't already have the the fastbooot files required for your computer, you can download them here: ftp.qbking77.(com)/Files/OneDrivers_Fastboot.zip
after that, extract the zip file somewhere on your computer, and open the fastboot folder. Now hold down shift and click on an empty space in the folder and choose open new command window here, or something along those lines.
Now that you've done this, type fastboot oem lock and press enter, this will relock your phones bootloader.
Now, unplug your phone from usb, and reboot back into fastboot, and once again, plug the device into the computer. Just as before, your phones screen should now say fastboot usb. You can now flash this file via fastboot by following the instructions below.
- rename the file downlaoded to firmware.zip and copy it to the folder containing your fastboot.exe file
- now in the command prompt window, type in Fastboot oem rebootRUU
- you should now see a black screen with the HTC logo, type Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip,
- once that is complete, type fastboot reboot and once more, reboot into fastboot
you can now download this RUU file from the following link: androidfilehost.(com)/?fid=23329332407573774
- extract the zip folder somewhere on your computer
- boot into bootloader, and once again choose fastboot,
- plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer, and the phone should once again say fastboot usb.
- now open the folder you extracted and run ARUWizard.exe, this will unroot your device and return you to stock.
- now, if you wish, you may re root your device.
Hope this works, if none of this makes sense, mention it. I typed this up in a bit of a rush.
also, you will have to copy and paste the links, as I have not made 10 general posts, so I can't add direct links to my post. Sorry mate.
as far as your fastboot issue, try re installing the htc and fastboot drivers.