Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need a little help....

Tip us?

jojokaizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default need a little help....

need a little help guys... updated from an outdated twrp to clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.7 and installed cromix 5.4. now the tablet just keeps freezing at the asus screen. is there anything I can do?

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojokaizer View Post
need a little help guys... updated from an outdated twrp to clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.7 and installed cromix 5.4. now the tablet just keeps freezing at the asus screen. is there anything I can do?
What's your bootloader version? Could that be outdated too? You gotta have 10.6.1.14.4, better .8 or .10, but .4 is fine for CROMi-X.
Also, what rom did you come from? Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik and data) in recovery before installing?

jojokaizer
Old
(Last edited by jojokaizer; 29th June 2014 at 07:54 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
What's your bootloader version? Could that be outdated too? You gotta have 10.6.1.14.4, better .8 or .10, but .4 is fine for CROMi-X.
Also, what rom did you come from? Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik and data) in recovery before installing?
I had cromi 5.2 if I remember correctly, and I have clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.7. I had twrp but it wouldn't update... and yes I did do a full wipe. after trying for awhile, I've now installed CM11 and it's booting up. but it restarts itself about 40 seconds in to booting up. now my questions is that, is there an easy way for me to installed the lastest version of twrp and install cromix 5.4? and or just having a stable CM11 is great too. thanks!

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I had cromi 5.2 if I remember correctly, and I have clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.7. I had twrp but it wouldn't update... and yes I did do a full wipe. after trying for awhile, I've now installed CM11 and it's booting up. but it restarts itself about 40 seconds in to booting up. now my questions is that, is there an easy way for me to installed the lastest version of twrp and install cromix 5.4? and or just having a stable CM11 is great too. thanks!
Sounds like you are on the wrong bootloader. Please provide the bootloader version from the screen in the top left when you boot holding power and volume down.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development

jojokaizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Sounds like you are on the wrong bootloader. Please provide the bootloader version from the screen in the top left when you boot holding power and volume down.
10.4.4.25 is the number. if that's wrong, how do I fix it? thx.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
10.4.4.25 is the number. if that's wrong, how do I fix it? thx.
Yes way too old that is a jb 4.1.1 bootloader.

Flash my bootloader and twrp zip package from the cromi-x thread, reboot and then use my script in the dev forum to update to twrp 2.7.1.1.

ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development