Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 44,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Density

Tip us?

sabret00the
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 406
Default Screen Density

Has anyone changed theirs yet? If so, what to? It's set at 640 and I think everything is too large, almost comically so.

arunoday
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Has anyone changed theirs yet? If so, what to? It's set at 640 and I think everything is too large, almost comically so.
u can change density from build.prop. Find the line ro_lcd_density=640. change the value according to your convenience. well, i hav tried this in many AOSP roms.

sabret00the
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunoday View Post
u can change density from build.prop. Find the line ro_lcd_density=640. change the value according to your convenience. well, i hav tried this in many AOSP roms.
I was hoping a few people had tried and could recommend a density.

liamR
Old
Thanks Meter 77
From my experience LG's system doesn't like global density changing (especially with kitkat). The best solution is to use Xposed framework and App Settings module (v1.9<) to change selected apps.

MasK
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
I used the app "textdroider_dpi" to change my G2's dpi from 480 to 400.
I was comfortable with this value and it's -17% change. Thus, I changed my G3's dpi from 640 to 530. Works great for me.

Now the amazing thing about G3 is that the dialer and cam works with this dpi change too. No need to use Xposed app settings to specify stock dpi on these apps

Visit my blog: www.imraneo.com

Palm m100 | Cassiopeia E-125 | iPaq hp2210 | OČ XphoneII | OČ XDAII Mini | OČ XDA Atom | HP rw6828 | HTC P3300 | HTC Touch Cruise | HTC Touch Diamond | HTC Touch Diamond2 | HTC HD2 |
Samsung Galaxy S | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Galaxy Nexus | HTC Oneˣ | Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE | Sony Xperia Z | Samsung Galaxy S4 | LG G2 D802 | Sony Xperia Z2 | Samsung Galaxy S5 | LG G3 D855
The Following User Says Thank You to MasK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabret00the
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK View Post
I used the app "textdroider_dpi" to change my G2's dpi from 480 to 400.
I was comfortable with this value and it's -17% change. Thus, I changed my G3's dpi from 640 to 530. Works great for me.

Now the amazing thing about G3 is that the dialer and cam works with this dpi change too. No need to use Xposed app settings to specify stock dpi on these apps
530 is really nice, feels like what it's supposed to be. Fonts seem a little off though.

MasK
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
530 is really nice, feels like what it's supposed to be. Fonts seem a little off though.
The font size can be changed in the settings to preference. Also, if you're using a 3rd-party launcher like Nova, you can change the grid and icon size to compensate

Visit my blog: www.imraneo.com

Palm m100 | Cassiopeia E-125 | iPaq hp2210 | OČ XphoneII | OČ XDAII Mini | OČ XDA Atom | HP rw6828 | HTC P3300 | HTC Touch Cruise | HTC Touch Diamond | HTC Touch Diamond2 | HTC HD2 |
Samsung Galaxy S | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Galaxy Nexus | HTC Oneˣ | Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE | Sony Xperia Z | Samsung Galaxy S4 | LG G2 D802 | Sony Xperia Z2 | Samsung Galaxy S5 | LG G3 D855

sabret00the
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK View Post
The font size can be changed in the settings to preference. Also, if you're using a 3rd-party launcher like Nova, you can change the grid and icon size to compensate
True, but I think there's probably a sweet spot for me around 590 as 530 makes the phone feel like a phablet.