Post Reply

Android l & touchwiz

29th June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
Slicktune's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
804 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
How would that even work😟? Anyone ever put thought into that... Like how would it override the google's new animations/transitions😧? Do you think this is where Samsung/touchwiz throws in the towel with updates and just goes straight to Tizen😨? I mean that is what they did with their galaxy gear2 went straight to tizen...😲
What do you guys think?😕
29th June 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #2  
Sparatan117's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 59
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune

How would that even work😟? Anyone ever put thought into that... Like how would it override the google's new animations/transitions😧? Do you think this is where Samsung/touchwiz throws in the towel with updates and just goes straight to Tizen😨? I mean that is what they did with their galaxy gear2 went straight to tizen...😲
What do you guys think?😕

I was wondering about this too. The theming for Google apps seem to be pretty much self contained now, and touchwiz for the most part wouldn't be needed... even the new dialer looked beautiful ... as much as I love the colors of the S5, I kinda like Android's theming better...

I hope we can get a clean port over that's fast and smooth... or maybe Samsung could release the system dump that had the drivers without Touchwiz ... I know I know but a man can dream
29th June 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #3  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,388
 
6,830 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
What are you guys trying to get at? Samsung gets the android source code directly from Google. They can change anything and everything they wish. All the way down to lib files and .so binaries. TouchWiz is simply a launcher.
30th June 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,725
 
4,358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

What are you guys trying to get at? Samsung gets the android source code directly from Google. They can change anything and everything they wish. All the way down to lib files and .so binaries. TouchWiz is simply a launcher.

TouchWiz is just a launcher? lol, you can't be serious. TouchWiz is everywhere EVERYWHERE on Sammy phones, so to say it's "just a launcher" is just idiotic....
Last edited by JoeFCaputo113; 30th June 2014 at 07:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #5  
Slicktune's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
804 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

TouchWiz is just a launcher? lol, you can't be serious. TouchWiz is everywhere is EVERYWHERE on Sammy phones, so to say it's "just a launcher" is just idiotic....

The Following User Says Thank You to Slicktune For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #6  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,725
 
4,358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune

Umm... lol? Was that supposed to be funny? I was just pointing out facts tough guy!
30th June 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #7  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,388
 
6,830 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

TouchWiz is just a launcher? lol, you can't be serious. TouchWiz is everywhere EVERYWHERE on Sammy phones, so to say it's "just a launcher" is just idiotic....

I disagree but okay. TouchWiz might be interpreted to people as a theme. But its mainly a launcher. You can delete the TouchWiz launcher and still have a fully functional phone. LG Modifies their settings apks and other apks with their own theme. So i consider TouchWiz to be a launcher and the rest of it to be a Samsung Theme. But to each their own i guess.

Besides, this thread was going nowhere so i was trying to figure out what the point of this thread was.
30th June 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #8  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,725
 
4,358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

I disagree but okay. TouchWiz might be interpreted to people as a theme. But its mainly a launcher. You can delete the TouchWiz launcher and still have a fully functional phone. LG Modifies their settings apks and other apks with their own theme. So i consider TouchWiz to be a launcher and the rest of it to be a Samsung Theme. But to each their own i guess.

Besides, this thread was going nowhere so i was trying to figure out what the point of this thread was.

Go ask an actual Dev if TouchWiz is just a launcher and they will laugh at you. It is EVERYWHERE in the code dude.... don't get how you don't understand that. It is in the settings, phone app, statusbar, lockscreen, notification shade, camera, etc.
29th June 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #9  
Slicktune's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
804 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
I wish it was just a launcher. Then settings/dialer/messaging /contacts wouldn't look like that... So unfortunately it's not just a launcher.... 😢
29th June 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #10  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,388
 
6,830 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune

I wish it was just a launcher. Then settings/dialer/messaging /contacts wouldn't look like that... So unfortunately it's not just a launcher.... 😢

Yes. TouchWiz is just a launcher. The stuff you are seeing in those apps is not TouchWiz related. It is the Samsung THEME you are seeing. And they as stated before, they can do whatever they want with it. So long as Android in general remains open source.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy S 5 General by ThreadRank