T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

[Q] Prime on rooted KF HD

OP pachi81

30th June 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Hi,

I bought the first version of the Kindle Fire HD (7"). I like to root it for using Google Play Store on it.

I have red, that it is possible to root the KF and to use all the prime features (videos and e-books) without any restriction.
Is this still right? Which custom ROMs support the prime features, too? (Kinology?)

Thank you!

Regards, Michel
30th June 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

46 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachi81

Hi,

I bought the first version of the Kindle Fire HD (7"). I like to root it for using Google Play Store on it.

I have red, that it is possible to root the KF and to use all the prime features (videos and e-books) without any restriction.
Is this still right? Which custom ROMs support the prime features, too? (Kinology?)

Thank you!

Regards, Michel

Kinology should work as it's based on the Kindle rom, but i am not 100% sure as i never tried kinology. However Cm11 rom works for books games and music but not prime video. I just watch prime videos on my laptop. Cm11 has the android 4.4.4 and overall i think it's really good.
I hope you are talking about the 2012 Kindle fire hd 7'' version though?

you can see for your self the cm11 rom by Hascode: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543455

bao,
1st July 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bao289

However Cm11 rom works for books games and music but not prime video. I just watch prime videos on my laptop. Cm11 has the android 4.4.4 and overall i think it's really good.
I hope you are talking about the 2012 Kindle fire hd 7'' version though?

Hello and thank you for your response!

CM11 is no option for me at the moment, because I bought the tablet to use prime instant video and have access to the free prime ebooks (with the normal kindle app, you do not have access to them).

So I like to know, if all the prime stuff is working after root the original rom and if it works with the kinology rom?

Yes I own the first version oder kindle fire hd 7" with cam and hdmi output.

Thank you!
1st July 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #4  

46 posts
Smile
Quote:

Hello and thank you for your response!

CM11 is no option for me at the moment, because I bought the tablet to use prime instant video and have access to the free prime ebooks (with the normal kindle app, you do not have access to them).

So I like to know, if all the prime stuff is working after root the original rom and if it works with the kinology rom?

Yes I own the first version oder kindle fire hd 7" with cam and hdmi output.

Thank you!

Hi! If you root your Kindle Fire you will still have access to the apps and prime videos and books. I have done this and i can verify it works. However not having used kinology i can't say for sure but it is likely that it should work as well!
1st July 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bao289

Hi! If you root your Kindle Fire you will still have access to the apps and prime videos and books. I have done this and i can verify it works. However not having used kinology i can't say for sure but it is likely that it should work as well!

Thank you very much! This is exact the information Im looking for.
At the moment I only want to use the original ROM. Maybe later I will check Kinology...

Cheers!
1st July 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #6  

46 posts
Smile
Quote:

Thank you very much! This is exact the information Im looking for.
At the moment I only want to use the original ROM. Maybe later I will check Kinology...

Cheers!

Hi! just to let you know rooting voids your warranty!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread