Post Reply

Buyers Remorse

OP rakeshishere

30th June 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
2,601 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
After using a lot of Samsung phones, this model has really let me down and I'm thinking to sell this phone and move on as I'm really not happy about it due to below shortcomings.

- Display Profiles/Preset(Dynamic/Standard etc) - This obvious option is missing and my eyes is unable to getting used to stock setting and screen is something which I look all the time I really miss this option

- Spen Keeper - Too bad I use Spen

- Macro Focus in Camera - And camera too
Last edited by rakeshishere; 1st July 2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Thread Title updated
1st July 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #2  
hakz's Avatar
Member
Flag Calamba City
Thanks Meter: 9
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
If you're not satisfied with the phone, then sell it.
Display Profiles, I kinda miss it in my previous Note 2 and Note 3. I'm used to the Neo's profile though.
Regarding S-Pen Keeper, I really liked it too, but I hardly leave without the Pen even when I used the previous notes, and there's also a S-Pen icon notification on top.
About the macro, it's not built for total macro shots since it doesn't have a nice aperture, but it doesn't necessarily mean the overall camera performance is bad. Here's a few macros I took myself, it's not that bad, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140701_091734.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2826354   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140701_092502.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2826355  
The Following User Says Thank You to hakz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #3  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 82
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshishere

After using a lot of Samsung phones, this model has really let me down and I'm thinking to sell this phone and move on as I'm really not happy about it due to below shortcomings.

- Display Profiles/Preset(Dynamic/Standard etc) - This obvious option is missing and my eyes is unable to getting used to stock setting and screen is something which I look all the time I really miss this option

- Spen Keeper - Too bad I use Spen

- Macro Focus in Camera - And camera too

There is no point asking here buddy, if u don't like it then sell it and buy another one. Everyone has there own preferences so a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
btw which phone are you planning to buy?
1st July 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
2,601 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect!

There is no point asking here buddy, if u don't like it then sell it and buy another one. Everyone has there own preferences so a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
btw which phone are you planning to buy?

It's just buyers remorse and not complaining that phone completely sucks . When I move from one gen device to next one , I expect Samsung to leave options intact . For someone newly coming it doesn't make any difference to them

May be I'll pick up a Note 3 or Note 4 [emoji16]

EDIT:
Updated thread Title to have a healthy conversation
Last edited by rakeshishere; 1st July 2014 at 08:47 AM.
1st July 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #5  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 82
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshishere

It's just buyers remorse and not complaining that phone completely sucks . When I move from one gen device to next one , I expect Samsung to leave options intact . For someone newly coming it doesn't make any difference to them

May be I'll pick up a Note 3 or Note 4 [emoji16]

EDIT:
Updated thread Title to have a healthy conversation

I completely understand, didn't mean to sound harsh, afterall we've had so many healthy conversations!
I think the display profiles not being there is more of a skimped feature cos of being a Neo.
Note 4 will be out in October, so if u can wait then good, cos I know it'll be the best device.
1st July 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
2,601 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect!

I completely understand, didn't mean to sound harsh, afterall we've had so many healthy conversations!
I think the display profiles not being there is more of a skimped feature cos of being a Neo.
Note 4 will be out in October, so if u can wait then good, cos I know it'll be the best device.

Yeah , that's what I'm wondering if Samsung deliberately crippled down features just because it's Neo and even though it's not hardware dependent
1st July 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #7  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 82
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshishere

Yeah , that's what I'm wondering if Samsung deliberately crippled down features just because it's Neo and even though it's not hardware dependent

I never used it, always used adapt display (I like punchy colours), so not having issues. But if it's bothering u too much then u should switch to another phone. But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!
7th July 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #8  
Samavb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
Angry You are right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshishere

After using a lot of Samsung phones, this model has really let me down and I'm thinking to sell this phone and move on as I'm really not happy about it due to below shortcomings.

- Display Profiles/Preset(Dynamic/Standard etc) - This obvious option is missing and my eyes is unable to getting used to stock setting and screen is something which I look all the time I really miss this option

- Spen Keeper - Too bad I use Spen

- Macro Focus in Camera - And camera too

Ya you are right! Until you pointed even I didn't know that the "adapt, dynamic, standard, movie " option is missing. Now I am feeling sad too Good observation by you.

Regarding Camera you can try "focal" app and there are so many camera apps available which you can download using Aptoide.

Just go to Aptoide.com and then install the apk. Once you install that software you can add different stores. Using them you can search for any apps. Paid and free. There you can get many many camera apps which might cater to your needs hopefully.

Please wait for Snapdragon 805 phones to arrive and then may be you can sell this and get the latest. But really sad to know you are dissatisfied with this phone.

Hope your phone surprises you some way in coming days and changes your mind

Cheers!

---------- Post added 7th July 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 6th July 2014 at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect!

There is no point asking here buddy, if u don't like it then sell it and buy another one. Everyone has there own preferences so a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
btw which phone are you planning to buy?

a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.Nice one liner. Sounds good
7th July 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #9  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 82
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samavb

Ya you are right! Until you pointed even I didn't know that the "adapt, dynamic, standard, movie " option is missing. Now I am feeling sad too Good observation by you.

Regarding Camera you can try "focal" app and there are so many camera apps available which you can download using Aptoide.

Just go to Aptoide.com and then install the apk. Once you install that software you can add different stores. Using them you can search for any apps. Paid and free. There you can get many many camera apps which might cater to your needs hopefully.

Please wait for Snapdragon 805 phones to arrive and then may be you can sell this and get the latest. But really sad to know you are dissatisfied with this phone.

Hope your phone surprises you some way in coming days and changes your mind

Cheers!

---------- Post added 7th July 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 6th July 2014 at 11:43 PM ----------



a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.

Nice one liner. Sounds good

U think so? Maybe I should apply for the copyright of this one liner. :P
7th July 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #10  
Samavb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
Angry Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect!

U think so? Maybe I should apply for the copyright of this one liner. :P

Yes I think so. heheheh :P Actually almost every one of your post in this thread sound very very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect!

But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!



Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect!

Haha.. depends on how many bucks u can shed! :P



May be Samsung has "hidden" those featureS? May be we can get those features by putting some code on dialpad?
for example *#9900# will give you additional settings mostly diagnostics. I have tried it on Note 2, Note 3 Neo and Note 8.0

I hope we can get back that "display" feature.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Samavb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Neo General by ThreadRank