30th June 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wolfsberg
Thanks Meter: 3,830

1,730 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey everyone

Because there is a limit of posts you need to have before you can post in the development section and i am getting PM's with always the same questions, it's the best solution to create a own thread here for everyone.

Any Questions, Problems, Troubleshooting go in here.
Thanks for your understanding, else the development thread is too cluttered

Link to NamelessRom for the P970: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2610681

If possible, please report your issues with logs on our JIRA Instance, so we can keep track of the bugs / feature requests.
Click here to get to JIRA

Well, let the discussion and troubleshooting begin
Last edited by Evisceration; 30th June 2014 at 10:07 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evisceration For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wolfsberg
Thanks Meter: 3,830

1,730 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reserved for a FAQ, a list of links to posts or something like that
30th June 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
nice idea
well, then I start...
any news to fix the gps in the coming days?
30th June 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

mechtiger's post ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=965 )

Hi all, Just a quick question with no proof Has anyone else had an issue from daily 27th upwards of when you plug a charger in the phone hard locks up and only a battery pull fixes it?

Thanks in advance and if no one else is I will try and work out how to get a log

Hi dear devs,

I have same issue since 26th (nameless-4.4.4-20140626-p970-NIGHTLY). (Didn't try 25th, 27th and 30th.) I installed 29th today and have same issue again. 24th was clear. Firstly i installed 26th via update center on 24th (so without any wipe) and haven't got any bug. than i installed cm10 with full wipe and than installed 26th directly with full wipe and this issue occured. Same result with 29th. Tried 24th again, worked well. Now i'm using cm10. (cwm 6.0.4.5)

When i plug usb to phone (charger or pc) it freezes. On booting too. If i plug charger when phone closed, it shows only LG logo. No charge or boot.

Sorry, i haven't any log. I'm noob.

Edit: Tried nameless-4.4.4-20140701-p970-NIGHTLY, phone hard locks.
Last edited by bzn7; 1st July 2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Addition
10th September 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy Same issue (cant wake up the phone after locking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzn7

Hi dear devs,

I have same issue since 26th (nameless-4.4.4-20140626-p970-NIGHTLY). (Didn't try 25th, 27th and 30th.) I installed 29th today and have same issue again. 24th was clear. Firstly i installed 26th via update center on 24th (so without any wipe) and haven't got any bug. than i installed cm10 with full wipe and than installed 26th directly with full wipe and this issue occured. Same result with 29th. Tried 24th again, worked well. Now i'm using cm10. (cwm 6.0.4.5)

When i plug usb to phone (charger or pc) it freezes. On booting too. If i plug charger when phone closed, it shows only LG logo. No charge or boot.

I have updated the latest version 09.10.2014 and still I have the same issue where phone wont wake up...only buttons work(glowing) but lockscreen wont show up...please help...
12th September 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBoy94

I have updated the latest version 09.10.2014 and still I have the same issue where phone wont wake up...only buttons work(glowing) but lockscreen wont show up...please help...

I have that same problem since the 15/08/2014 version... From 16/08/2014 forward version the phone doesnīt wake up once the visor shut off...
23rd September 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Caguas
Thanks Meter: 42

55 posts
More
Temp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBoy94

Does it happen after some time (few hours) after turning on the phone? Cause that's a known bug, I believe the issue is with the HW composer (correct me if I'm wrong.). The solution is to reboot.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahor

I think the same. I use screen filter app, but I don't know if with this solution the battery consumption go down or is only a filter and the phone emit the same brigtness[emoji19]

Take in consideration that, the phone's display itself is extremely bright, and it's made like that. It was the brightest display according to the phone's box at that time.
1st July 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5

13 posts
More
Can we someday be able to install latest cwm recovery for our OB ?
1st July 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

2 posts
Hi, the latest cwm for p970 what I'ev seen is 6.0.4.5 and worked well for me so far. You can download installer from this section http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1624565
Did you miss some feature from higher versions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_rious

nice idea
well, then I start...
any news to fix the gps in the coming days?

I did some GPS testing and there you can see my result:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	74
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	2827560
I use app GPS Status for downloading A-GPS data from internet. I think GPS in P970 working bad without A-GPS data, downloading them improves lock position speed for few days. The first lock after phone restart (rom update) takes little bit longer about 1-3min, where GPS searching for sattelites and caching information about them. With restart are these informations wiped out and phone need them acquire again. The lock speed could be individual, depending on many things, position, signal strenght (you should be outside with direct view to the sky, behind most new plastic windows is bad signal due present metalic layer on glass), and there could be bad contact with antena onside phone too. If I'm wrong correct me please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzn7

Hi dear devs,

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue for get a log of it. Try use app named CatLog -> open it -> in menu press record -> set file name -> make procedure in witch there is problem -> if phone freeze, reboot and see if LogCat was able to save file on your SD card -> if you get that file you have log and you can post it

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KM7ECZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 155

125 posts
Is there a way to disable horizontal lockscreen?

EDIT: Found it. You have to enable and then disable again lockscreen rotation for changes to really apply.
From a clean install the lockscreen rotates.
Last edited by rellagher; 1st July 2014 at 11:42 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread