Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,499 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading discussion

Tip us?

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13600
Default Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading discussion

Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about Gear Live in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
What made everyone choose this over the LG G watch?

big_b0sss
Old
Thanks Meter 93
i went for gear live because it has amoled display and the silver thing on the two side makes the watch look a bit premium

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
GOOGLE NEXUS 4
AOKP
FAUX KERNEL

IPHONE 3GS>HTC WILDFIRE S>LG OPTIMUS 3D>IPHONE 4>XPERIA PLAY>GALAXY NEXUS>NEXUS 4>GALAXY S4>NEXUS 5>GALAXY NOTE 3

enko420
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_b0sss View Post
i went for gear live because it has amoled display and the silver thing on the two side makes the watch look a bit premium

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Don't forget it's also $30 less as by the end of the year we ALL know we will be owning superior devices anyways.
Sent from my Note 3 using XDA Premium.

big_b0sss
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by enko420 View Post
Don't forget it's also $30 less as by the end of the year we ALL know we will be owning superior devices anyways.
i actually paid 10 more as its priced higher than lg g watch in uk
GOOGLE NEXUS 4
AOKP
FAUX KERNEL

IPHONE 3GS>HTC WILDFIRE S>LG OPTIMUS 3D>IPHONE 4>XPERIA PLAY>GALAXY NEXUS>NEXUS 4>GALAXY S4>NEXUS 5>GALAXY NOTE 3

chumboy
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I absolutely cannot believe they did not include a speaker! I just returned the gear neo 2 because it was running Tizen and not Google wear. making phone calls on it without pulling my phone out of my pocket was the absolute greatest feature.I ordered the gear live because it was running Google wear, thinking of the future. Now I find out it does not have a speaker so I can not make phone calls from the watch. I'm going to return the gear live and go back to the gear neo 2. Wrong decision Samsung.

enko420
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumboy View Post
I absolutely cannot believe they did not include a speaker! I just returned the gear neo 2 because it was running Tizen and not Google wear. making phone calls on it without pulling my phone out of my pocket was the absolute greatest feature.I ordered the gear live because it was running Google wear, thinking of the future. Now I find out it does not have a speaker so I can not make phone calls from the watch. I'm going to return the gear live and go back to the gear neo 2. Wrong decision Samsung.
I honestly don't care for making phone calls on my Gear 2 Neo. If you aren't in a quiet room its near impossible to hear what they are saying.
Sent from my Note 3 using XDA Premium.

chumboy
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by enko420 View Post
I honestly don't care for making phone calls on my Gear 2 Neo. If you aren't in a quiet room its near impossible to hear what they are saying.
To each their own.
But it's fascinating to know you don't like it.
I had the Gear 2 Neo for about a week and had good results when not standing in Time Square.
Gear Live 2!

das7771
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
I would like the ability to turn off the motion sensor, sense everytime I move my wrist a certain way my watch just turns on.I look at my watch ocassionally and notice that the screen is on I have indavertenly been touching the screen selecting things. I prefer to touch the screen to turn it on. I have already turned off the screen always on option, but would like to turn off motion as well. Would extend the battery life alot further.
Current Devices
TMO S5
Dell Venue 8 pro
Nvidia Shield
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Gear
Gear Live
Note 10.1 2014

adiliyo
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumboy View Post
To each their own.
But it's fascinating to know you don't like it.
I had the Gear 2 Neo for about a week and had good results when not standing in Time Square.
Gear Live 2!
i'm 100% in the not taking phone calls on a watch camp for the same reason i don't use speakerphone when not in a car.

but i would have liked a speaker simply for alarms and stopwatch/timer funcionality. nothing crazy, just a simple beep/chirp would have been enough
Phones: G3
Tablets: Nexus 7 32GB (2013)