OP mark manning

30th June 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat
Thanks Meter: 3,274

5,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about Gear Live in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
5th July 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,901

3,445 posts
Donate to Me
More
What made everyone choose this over the LG G watch?
6th July 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 93

550 posts
More
i went for gear live because it has amoled display and the silver thing on the two side makes the watch look a bit premium

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th July 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_b0sss

i went for gear live because it has amoled display and the silver thing on the two side makes the watch look a bit premium

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Don't forget it's also $30 less as by the end of the year we ALL know we will be owning superior devices anyways.
7th July 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #5  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 93

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enko420

Don't forget it's also $30 less as by the end of the year we ALL know we will be owning superior devices anyways.

i actually paid 10 more as its priced higher than lg g watch in uk
7th July 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #6  
Flag Treasure Island, FL
Thanks Meter: 18

268 posts
I absolutely cannot believe they did not include a speaker! I just returned the gear neo 2 because it was running Tizen and not Google wear. making phone calls on it without pulling my phone out of my pocket was the absolute greatest feature.I ordered the gear live because it was running Google wear, thinking of the future. Now I find out it does not have a speaker so I can not make phone calls from the watch. I'm going to return the gear live and go back to the gear neo 2. Wrong decision Samsung.
7th July 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumboy

I absolutely cannot believe they did not include a speaker! I just returned the gear neo 2 because it was running Tizen and not Google wear. making phone calls on it without pulling my phone out of my pocket was the absolute greatest feature.I ordered the gear live because it was running Google wear, thinking of the future. Now I find out it does not have a speaker so I can not make phone calls from the watch. I'm going to return the gear live and go back to the gear neo 2. Wrong decision Samsung.

I honestly don't care for making phone calls on my Gear 2 Neo. If you aren't in a quiet room its near impossible to hear what they are saying.
7th July 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag Treasure Island, FL
Thanks Meter: 18

268 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enko420

I honestly don't care for making phone calls on my Gear 2 Neo. If you aren't in a quiet room its near impossible to hear what they are saying.

To each their own.
But it's fascinating to know you don't like it.
I had the Gear 2 Neo for about a week and had good results when not standing in Time Square.
Gear Live 2!
8th July 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #9  
Flag Plantation
Thanks Meter: 37

345 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would like the ability to turn off the motion sensor, sense everytime I move my wrist a certain way my watch just turns on.I look at my watch ocassionally and notice that the screen is on I have indavertenly been touching the screen selecting things. I prefer to touch the screen to turn it on. I have already turned off the screen always on option, but would like to turn off motion as well. Would extend the battery life alot further.
The Following User Says Thank You to das7771 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #10  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 231

1,360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumboy

To each their own.
But it's fascinating to know you don't like it.
I had the Gear 2 Neo for about a week and had good results when not standing in Time Square.
Gear Live 2!

i'm 100% in the not taking phone calls on a watch camp for the same reason i don't use speakerphone when not in a car.

but i would have liked a speaker simply for alarms and stopwatch/timer funcionality. nothing crazy, just a simple beep/chirp would have been enough
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread