Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tizen USA no Samsung apps?

Tip us?

jmdearras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Question Tizen USA no Samsung apps?

I loaded the Great Britain tizen on my Gear, and all works, except the gear manager shows a blank screen for samsung app. Is this normal? are there any apps to sideload, and how do you do that?

Thanks!
Jim

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
No that's not normal. What build version did you flash?

There's no sideloading because it's Tizen based not android. Unless someone knows of Tizen apps not on the market.

jmdearras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
No that's not normal. What build version did you flash?

There's no sideloading because it's Tizen based not android. Unless someone knows of Tizen apps not on the market.
BTU V700XXUCNE9

I did not do anything to gear manager but relink to the watch.

Thanks for any help!

jmdearras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Phone is Galaxy note 3 running 4.4.2

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
You might have a bad download, or flash of NE9. Try downloading and re-flashing again. Or you can possibly download and flash the latest update ending with NF1.

jmdearras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
You might have a bad download, or flash of NE9. Try downloading and re-flashing again. Or you can possibly download and flash the latest update ending with NF1.
OK, I'll try it. All I did was use odid v3.09 in defaults to flash over the android os. Could I have missed any steps?

I'll put the canadian (XAC) NF1 on it tonight,

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
I believe you did everything right. It's a simple process. Sometimes file downloads can be corrupt. I had one that kicked my butt for 2 days. I downloaded and it was fine.

Try the Canadian NF1 and see what happens. It's the one I'm on with my note 3 and all is well.

jmdearras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
I believe you did everything right. It's a simple process. Sometimes file downloads can be corrupt. I had one that kicked my butt for 2 days. I downloaded and it was fine.

Try the Canadian NF1 and see what happens. It's the one I'm on with my note 3 and all is well.
OK, thanks. It's just strange the error shows up on the gear manager, the watch is solid. should you remove the watch from gear manager before the update?

jmdearras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:

I factory reset, and flashed the latest Canadian one, and there was no difference. Gear Manager shows no Samsung Apps. All else is fine. except I cannot get it to connect to bluetooth headphones for the media player.

Puzzled,

Jim

jbirdou
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdearras View Post
I factory reset, and flashed the latest Canadian one, and there was no difference. Gear Manager shows no Samsung Apps. All else is fine. except I cannot get it to connect to bluetooth headphones for the media player.

Puzzled,

Jim
There appear to be a few of us United-Statesians who are having this problem, Jim. I experienced this issue on my Note 3 when i prematurely flashed Tizen, and another user in response to a thread I posted a week back noted that he experienced the issue as well.

At least you can rest assured that it is not just your phone or Gear.

I even flashed the XAR version of NF1 today, and still no luck.

Oddly, though, I was able to see the apps in the store for a short period of time, when the app store notified me of an update to watch styler. I've been able to reproduce the effect by installing an old version of watch styler, waiting a few minutes (anywhere from 15 to an hour), and then going into the app store for the update. For some reason, when the gear app store sees the need for an update, it allows you to view all of the apps on the store. Not sure if it works with updates to any other apps, but I don't see a reason that it woiuldn't. An odd workaround, I know, but it may work for you as well.

Good luck!