Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] clockwork recovery

Tip us?

ownagemaximus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] clockwork recovery

I need help getting clockwork recovery to work on my epic WITHOUT a computer. Don't tell me to install the drivers because I've tried that and it never works also plugged it into the back of the computer usb drives and it never works. I need to find a way for it to work so I can run the truely epic rom on my device. Is it possible to just rename the rom update.zip on the root of my sd card and flash the rom that way? And can I return to stock rom by doing the same method?

cjobanion
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownagemaximus View Post
I need help getting clockwork recovery to work on my epic WITHOUT a computer. Don't tell me to install the drivers because I've tried that and it never works also plugged it into the back of the computer usb drives and it never works. I need to find a way for it to work so I can run the truely epic rom on my device. Is it possible to just rename the rom update.zip on the root of my sd card and flash the rom that way? And can I return to stock rom by doing the same method?
There is a program/app called z4root that I have read about. I'm not sure how the program works, but I think it may be what you are looking for.

ownagemaximus
Old
(Last edited by ownagemaximus; 18th January 2011 at 12:42 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have rooted the phone with that. I'm trying to get the phone into clockwork recovery so I can flash roms

Restola
Old
Thanks Meter 515
Try every USB port and try different USB cables.

It sounds silly (and it is) but it seems only certain combinations will work and its not always the default "back USB port and stock cable".

Also once your computer recognizes your phone is plugged in correctly, start odin BEFORE you plug your phone in. My odin doesn't recognize my phone if it's already plugged in.

irule9000
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Of course the easiest way is to just download rom manager from the market. You should be able to install from there. Unforuntely that may not work because i have had issues with that but its worth a try . If that doesnt work try clicking on this linkhttp://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html and downloading it for the epic 4g. Rename with astro to update.zip. This is temporary method and you will have to re update every time you want to use clockwork mod. I have never used this before, u may have signature issues. I hope one of these works

ownagemaximus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried every usb port and every cable in my house and its not recognizing. I know I have the corect drivers...and I'm gonna stay away from odin I bricked my last epic with that.

ownagemaximus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tried you method. Didn't work. Went into rom manager and went into clockwork recovery reboot and went to the standard epic 4g recovery screen.

MysteryEmotionz
Old
Thanks Meter 1,928

DONATE TO ME
There is only one way to get cwm on your phone and that's with a pc. There is no other alternatives sorry.

Fyi: there's a update zip for dk28 that can be flashed threw the stock recovery. I've noticed my phone connects easier with dk28 then it does with di18
Sent From Da Hood.
If i helped you out in away please help me and BUY me a beer

Follow Me On Twitter @MysteryEmotionz

My Most Noticeable Work
Samsung Epic4g - Syndicate Frozen (Rom) 1.2 & EmotionlessBeast Resurrection (theme)
Samsung Admire - Admiral Best rom, Odin, CWM
LG E739 & E730 - MyEzOS 3.0 (rom & kernel )
LG E970 - B18c1 Kernel (Stock) - B20a1 (AOSP 4.2.2) - J32a2 (AOSP 4.3) EG8 ROM (LGUI)

Whosdaman
Old
Retired Forum Mod / Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,425

DONATE TO ME
Please post questions in Q&A section.

leatherneck6017
Old
Thanks Meter 164
With having the problems you seem to have and if you TRULY bricked your epic using odin (doubtful), then maybe this type of thing is not for you bud. Stick with stock.
Sprint Galaxy S4
Current ROM: SlimKat
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Current ROM: Stock
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Current ROM: SlimKat