FORUMS

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
<!-- MODS! Please sticky this! -->

Devs:
We need a concise guide on how to to this. I believe that we would all benefit from such a guide (less in-the-dark-n00bs messing up and more time for devs to dev and not have to answer questions.)

I know there are devs out there with VASTLY more experience then us middle of the road devs, and we would like to share in this knowledge.

DJ-Steve and the other noted devs: this is an open invitation to you. I'll modify/delete this post to include your (generous) contributions if you'd only take the time to make them.

-One user on this forum noted the DS7 sub is sort of shabby; let's work to change that so that we can all start doing what we love to - rip ROMs to bits and build 'em to out liking in true open-source fassion!
15th June 2012, 01:48 AM |#2  
Nocturnal_50's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coolah
Thanks Meter: 134
 
Donate to Me
More
Flash CWM via ADB fastboot then flash the rom through CWM on the device itself, it isnt all that hard to do... Then again I guess the lack of basic knowledge has something to do with how often people stuff up the most basic of tasks
19th June 2012, 06:20 PM |#3  
chipis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhre in a cave
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal_50

Flash CWM via ADB fastboot then flash the rom through CWM on the device itself, it isnt all that hard to do... Then again I guess the lack of basic knowledge has something to do with how often people stuff up the most basic of tasks

Man iam having trouble flashing a recovery mode, how did you do it?
20th June 2012, 05:32 AM |#4  
Nocturnal_50's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coolah
Thanks Meter: 134
 
Donate to Me
More
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipis

Man iam having trouble flashing a recovery mode, how did you do it?

see post 2 of this guide

Honestly it isnt all that hard to root the device
26th June 2012, 04:50 AM |#5  
chipis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhre in a cave
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal_50

see post 2 of this guide

Honestly it isnt all that hard to root the device

well bro,
now it reboots every time i want to go recovery mode and then bootloops. Some how it saids that flashes successfully using fastboot but when i press VOL + and POWER at the same time it reboot... i have to let it go when the DELL logo flashes or when the buttons?
26th June 2012, 01:27 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipis

well bro,
now it reboots every time i want to go recovery mode and then bootloops. Some how it saids that flashes successfully using fastboot but when i press VOL + and POWER at the same time it reboot... i have to let it go when the DELL logo flashes or when the buttons?

You have to continue to hold the buttons in after the buttons light up till the menu appears on the screen a few seconds later.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
devs, fastboot, flashing, streak
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes