[Q] Stock Android/removal of LG customization?

OP johnflorin

22nd December 2010, 11:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
More
Hey there,

I'm considering this phone and was wondering if there is any way to remove or deactivate the cheesy LG stuff...I understand that by rooting an Android phone I can remove extra apps, but what about customizations like the Home menu at the bottom? In a review of an HTC Android phone (and indeed on my current HTC Diamond 2), the funky Sense interface is just a switch away from being disabled if I so desire...is that also possible on LG phones?

Thanks in advance!
22nd December 2010, 12:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 370

1,743 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can easily install Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher or anything else and you get rid of the LG Interface.

No root needed!
22nd December 2010, 12:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ostrava (mostly)
Thanks Meter: 354

587 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badeaioan

You can easily install Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher or anything else and you get rid of the LG Interface.

No root needed!

...and for switch of used Home you can use app called Home switcher.
23rd December 2010, 10:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnflorin

Hey there,

I'm considering this phone and was wondering if there is any way to remove or deactivate the cheesy LG stuff...I understand that by rooting an Android phone I can remove extra apps, but what about customizations like the Home menu at the bottom? In a review of an HTC Android phone (and indeed on my current HTC Diamond 2), the funky Sense interface is just a switch away from being disabled if I so desire...is that also possible on LG phones?

Thanks in advance!

You can install a new home if you want. Launcher Pro is nice and it also allows you to hide unwanted apps from the launcher so you don't have to remove them.
Last edited by joshuarr; 23rd December 2010 at 10:36 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread