Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock Android/removal of LG customization?

Tip us?

johnflorin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Stock Android/removal of LG customization?

Hey there,

I'm considering this phone and was wondering if there is any way to remove or deactivate the cheesy LG stuff...I understand that by rooting an Android phone I can remove extra apps, but what about customizations like the Home menu at the bottom? In a review of an HTC Android phone (and indeed on my current HTC Diamond 2), the funky Sense interface is just a switch away from being disabled if I so desire...is that also possible on LG phones?

Thanks in advance!

bioan
Old
Thanks Meter 366

DONATE TO ME
You can easily install Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher or anything else and you get rid of the LG Interface.

No root needed!
Nexus 5
Nexus 7

The_ERROR
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by badeaioan View Post
You can easily install Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher or anything else and you get rid of the LG Interface.

No root needed!
...and for switch of used Home you can use app called Home switcher.

joshuarr
Old
(Last edited by joshuarr; 23rd December 2010 at 10:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnflorin View Post
Hey there,

I'm considering this phone and was wondering if there is any way to remove or deactivate the cheesy LG stuff...I understand that by rooting an Android phone I can remove extra apps, but what about customizations like the Home menu at the bottom? In a review of an HTC Android phone (and indeed on my current HTC Diamond 2), the funky Sense interface is just a switch away from being disabled if I so desire...is that also possible on LG phones?

Thanks in advance!
You can install a new home if you want. Launcher Pro is nice and it also allows you to hide unwanted apps from the launcher so you don't have to remove them.