[UPDATED 04/29][DEV - Camera ( camcorder improvement ) ] Camera tests

Search This thread

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
Hi,

Here is a "test" package for camera under android.

IMPORTANT : this thread will only deal with XDANDROID Rom. Cyanogen's mod or any else might not work if camera have not been enabled in userland (checkered camera screen).

Current working devices are :
-Diamond
-Rhodium
-Raphael
-Blackstone
-Topaz

This package allow camera to be used for picture but video will fail (bug fixed, will soon publish libs).

I need some people to test it (I've tested it but when you are working on something for a long time, you sometimes need external testers...because you know where it may bug and you don't really want that so you avoid those use cases...:D)

1/ MAKE A BACKUP of the system.ext2, rootfs.img and data.img files so that you can revert back to normal state if something goes wrong
2/ See intructions in the 22/01/2011 update.
3/ If you have a CMDA rhodium, add the following content to the startup.txt file :
Code:
board-htcrhodium.is_cdma=1
This is a quick hack to detect CDMA board till I make it as the other board do.
4/ Replace the kernel + modules with the ones provided in the latest update.

Any feedback is welcome. If you're experiencing problems, please attach a dmesg log and logcat log so that I can analyze them. If I don"t have those files, I probably won't be able to do anything to help you.
THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO USE ANDROID AND ADB. Others, wait for the final release in the common tree.

Source tree : http://gitorious.org/~jbruneaux/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm-home-work (lot of changes almost every days as used as a gateway between computers)

[23/02/2011] :
* New kernel for rhodium only. This is an attempt to fix the pink screen problem.

Link to the package : http://www.4shared.com/file/OMMJkB4Q/kernel_modules_02232011.html

[29/04/2011] :
* New libraries for camcorder to enable the hardware codecs for video recording.
These libraries will make camcorder use the hardware accelerated codecs for qualcomm hardware. That will make quite good quality videos (much more than the software codec actually used) and will also make sound recording work with video.

Link to the libraries : http://www.4shared.com/file/fLEiesLy/libomx_xdandroid.html

Please also patch your froyo.user.conf with those two lines :

Code:
mount --bind /sdcard/lib_camera/libOmxCore.so /system/lib/libOmxCore.so
mount --bind /sdcard/lib_camera/libmm-omxcore.so /system/lib/libmm-omxcore.so

Note that these libraries are to be used with the official xdandroid FROYO build (FRX05 or later) and the official kernel/modules.

Don't use the kernels / libraries (except the 29/04/2011 camcorder libs) from this thread, they are now included in the offical release.

Once again : if you have a crash or a bad behaviour, please make a dmesg log + logcat log ! I can't work without these files. Thanks

PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING AND CHECK FOR ANSWERS IN THE POSTS !

IMPORTANT : If the camera does not work, first, try to find the solution by yourself in this thread, then send me dmesg log + logcat of the boot and camera start.

Thanks to bzo for its modified libGLES_qcom and its work on rhodium (working hard on camera). Thanks to everyone who helped me with testings and logs.

Attachments

• haret.zip
    64.6 KB · Views: 4,680
Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Awesome... I was hoping this would make its way out into the wild soon!

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
Hi,
before release, i wanted to make clocks working without rpc calls, that's why it took longer. Now, the code is "cleaner" and should work for any device (with small adjustments for amss and memories configuration).

Jerome

Reactions: pajerm
J

jianC

Testing on Fuze.

Edit: Does not work, Haret freezes on boot..

xUmaRix

Apr 24, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
i encounter this when playing around with angry bird.

Code:
msm_proc_comm_wince: DEX Code not match! a2m[0x8a], m2a[0x0], a2m_num[0x7b5], m2a_num[0x7b5]

vitusdoom

Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
Great one. works great. the bad thing is, hardware buttons wont work after sleep on diam100. I don't know why. can anyone with diam100 comfirm on this?

lorikitty

everything copies successfully except gralloc.msm7k.so. The folder is unwriteable through ssh. Any suggestions for getting it moved?
it says it's a read-only file system. do I need to be in a different mode other than through adb in order to mount the file as rw?

Last edited:

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
This is GREAT NEWS! Yes I hope once things are ironed out it will be easy to run it on my Rhod400!

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
everything copies successfully except gralloc.msm7k.so. The folder is unwriteable through ssh. Any suggestions for getting it moved?
it says it's a read-only file system. do I need to be in a different mode other than through adb in order to mount the file as rw?

The lib_inst.sh contains a line to enable read/write access to rootfs so that gralloc can be overwritten
Have your tied using this script ?

Package was not designed to run on fuze but should not make your system crash or freeze...

i encounter this when playing around with angry .
I don't know if it's related to my kernel. Can you send the full dmesg + logcat if you've got the problem again. Also, it might come from the modded libGLES_qcom.so. What device are you using ?

I'm currently modifying blackstone files. I will need someone to test it but he must be patient because it may fail a few times before it runs (memory layout is written in a more "tweakable" way, but it may need some adjustement.
Blackstone sensor is not the mt9t013 as in diamond but mt9p012. Anyway, liboemcamera.so seems to know this sensor and it should work. I'm also looking at the CDMA diamond to make it work with camera (mainly memory configuration to do).

Will try to put a package for theses devices before xmas.

xUmaRix

Apr 24, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
im on blacstone.maybe i could help.i saw you modified gralloc that have dynamic memory allocation from standard pmem to 3D pmem.im using qcom library for OpenGL ES 1.1-CM GL_RENDERER Q3Dimension MSM7230 01.02.08 0 4.0.0.Im testing 3D library to get better fps

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
im on blacstone.maybe i could help.i saw you modified gralloc that have dynamic memory allocation from standard pmem to 3D pmem.im using qcom library for OpenGL ES 1.1-CM GL_RENDERER Q3Dimension MSM7230 01.02.08 0 4.0.0.Im testing 3D library to get better fps

I've used libGLES_qcom from bzo, just some memory size stuff modded. For camera, right now, I don't care about fps, but I will care when camera will work for almost every devices. Winmo can use more than our 7 & 8 mb of gpu memories, so I think we can make linux to do the same.

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
-UPDATE-

Add support for Diamond CDMA, Raphael (all models) and blackstone. Need some (patient) testers.

See first post

xUmaRix

Apr 24, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
cool upload the library i can help testing for blac100.Normal qcom library use MSM7500 OpenGL ES 1.0-CM same as in winmo.I could play HomeRun battle 3D smoothly using MSM7230 OpenGL ES 1.1-CM.maybe MSM7500 need opengl patch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here is a "test" package for camera under android.

IMPORTANT : this thread will only deal with XDANDROID Rom. Cyanogen's mod or any else might not work if camera have not been enabled in userland (checkered camera screen).

Current working devices are :
    -Diamond
    -Rhodium
    -Raphael
    -Blackstone
    -Topaz

This package allow camera to be used for picture but video will fail (bug fixed, will soon publish libs).

I need some people to test it (I've tested it but when you are working on something for a long time, you sometimes need external testers...because you know where it may bug and you don't really want that so you avoid those use cases...:D)

1/ MAKE A BACKUP of the system.ext2, rootfs.img and data.img files so that you can revert back to normal state if something goes wrong
    2/ See intructions in the 22/01/2011 update.
    3/ If you have a CMDA rhodium, add the following content to the startup.txt file :
    Code:
    board-htcrhodium.is_cdma=1
    This is a quick hack to detect CDMA board till I make it as the other board do.
    4/ Replace the kernel + modules with the ones provided in the latest update.

Any feedback is welcome. If you're experiencing problems, please attach a dmesg log and logcat log so that I can analyze them. If I don"t have those files, I probably won't be able to do anything to help you.
    THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO USE ANDROID AND ADB. Others, wait for the final release in the common tree.

Source tree : http://gitorious.org/~jbruneaux/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm-home-work (lot of changes almost every days as used as a gateway between computers)

[23/02/2011] :
    * New kernel for rhodium only. This is an attempt to fix the pink screen problem.

Link to the package : http://www.4shared.com/file/OMMJkB4Q/kernel_modules_02232011.html

[29/04/2011] :
    * New libraries for camcorder to enable the hardware codecs for video recording.
    These libraries will make camcorder use the hardware accelerated codecs for qualcomm hardware. That will make quite good quality videos (much more than the software codec actually used) and will also make sound recording work with video.

Link to the libraries : http://www.4shared.com/file/fLEiesLy/libomx_xdandroid.html

Please also patch your froyo.user.conf with those two lines :

Code:
    mount --bind /sdcard/lib_camera/libOmxCore.so /system/lib/libOmxCore.so
    mount --bind /sdcard/lib_camera/libmm-omxcore.so /system/lib/libmm-omxcore.so

Note that these libraries are to be used with the official xdandroid FROYO build (FRX05 or later) and the official kernel/modules.

Don't use the kernels / libraries (except the 29/04/2011 camcorder libs) from this thread, they are now included in the offical release.

Once again : if you have a crash or a bad behaviour, please make a dmesg log + logcat log ! I can't work without these files. Thanks

PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING AND CHECK FOR ANSWERS IN THE POSTS !

IMPORTANT : If the camera does not work, first, try to find the solution by yourself in this thread, then send me dmesg log + logcat of the boot and camera start.

Thanks to bzo for its modified libGLES_qcom and its work on rhodium (working hard on camera). Thanks to everyone who helped me with testings and logs.
    Working Camera for Rhodium 100

Hi All,

Attached an own compiled kernel, with a changed camera driver.
    Now the camera is working on a Rhodium 100.
    Only during zoom exposure is not correct.

Please test it on a Rhodium 100 and others (400,300) etc.
    camera works fine... colors and auto focus is ok...
    but is there a way to zoom in and out??(getting greedy huh ;):cool: )
    thx guys for the great work

just a question that might sound stupid....
    now the only updates for zimage and rootfs i have to get from this thread not from the AOSP page right?

Zoom is not working in this version of the camera app. For the new library I'm working on, I've updated the camera code to a newer version that supports zoom. I can't share it because I don't use the same release keys than the FRX release and android would refuse my apk because of signature. Once the newer library will be working, I will have a look to the zoom problem and if the camera code in userland really need to be updated to the one I'm using, then I will see how to make it merged in the common tree...right now, don't use the zoom button and don't use the video record button neither.

For the updates, if you want to have the latests improvement, you would better have to use the main kernel (but you loose camera). If you really need camera right now, use mine but even if I try to keep my tree uptodate with the main kernel, there might be some differences.

Jerome
    I just sent some patches to Jerome that should finally get the rhodium camera up and running. It's been a bit frustrating figuring this out since the rhod camera has been working for a week or two now, but not since attempting to integrate with Jerome's tree and getting the code cleaned up.

Hate to disappoint you diam500/raph800 guys, but it may be a little while before the camera is working for those devices. They are very different from the gsm devices with different gpio configurations and a different QDSP+AMSS. I say this from experience because I started mucking with the camera originally on the diam500.
    First thread updated with a new kernel

Read the [22/01/2011] update section for details

Please, report if any problem.

Thanks, Jerome