Also thanks to Falcon2008; I too had the communications error (deffo using v2.0!), but his posting steered me around it.
All I need now is to find the original tytn ROM on this site; T-mob version is doin' me nut!
I found this solution does not work on all of devices. But my solution is as follows.
1. I started with the Step 1. The upper button of total 3.
2. Go through the menus and accept everything.
3. You get TRI-COLOR screen on your device and a few seconds later you get the USB label.
4. After some time you get a communication error Message. DON'T RESET YOUR MOBILE DEVICE. DON'T TOUCH IT.
5. Press Exit to quit KaiserUnlocker.exe on your Desktop machine.
6. Unplug and replug the USB cable.
7. Start the KaiserUnlocker.exe again and wait a little bit.
8. Your mobile device (AT&T Tilt) suddenly alive again. The progressbar shows up and you're from 0% to 100% in a few seconds. Wait a little bit and then you get the message the process is finished.
Now I don't know what to do with step 2 and 3. Should I perform them or not. Hmm?
What I would like to do is just to update from AT&T Tilt ROM to original HTC TyTN II ROM