[How-To] Flash Euro ROM on T-Mobile or ATT Samsung Galaxy Tab (w/ video)

Search This thread

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
ALRIGHT EVERYONE! IM WRITING IN CAPS SO THAT MEANS THIS IS IMPORTANT!

DUE TO SOME PROBLEMS THAT PEOPLE WERE HAVING (SPECIFICALLY THOSE WHO ARE FLASHING FROM A NON-STOCK TAB) I HAVE DECIDED TO PULL THE LINKS UNTIL WE GET A FOOL PROOF WAY OF FLASHING. THANKFULLY, ROTOHAMMER IS ALREADY WORKING ON THAT FOR US. I WILL UPDATE THIS ASAP.

REMEMBER FOLKS! DO NOT FLASH ANY FIRMWARES FROM SAMFIRMWARE.COM. FIRMWARES SUCH AS JMA, JMC, JMD ARE TO BE AVOIDED!! THIS COULD LEAD TO A BRICKED TAB.

UPDATE:

I recommend everyone use Roto's files here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=894763

You can use this tutorial to show you how to flash files in general, I wont rewrite this whole thing though. If your flashing his files you dont have to download any of mine. If you have questions about his JME firmware then post it THERE. If you used my tutorial (which should work on all Tmobile & ATT tabs) then you can get help here too.

If you are on a bone stock T-Mobile tab and would like to the files to flash then PM me.

Thanks to RotoHammer & everyone else who participated in getting this to work. Here is my video. I hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oADoLHWHH4

Okay guys here is the much asked video about how to flash the euro firmware on your tab. This is only for ATT & T-Mobile. PLEASE DONT DO THIS ON THE VERIZON OR SPRINT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE. Please watch this video because the written portion will just be brief; I tried to make this as simple as possible. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR TAB BREAKS: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1) Download all the files you need from here:

http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/in...flashing-euro-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-tab/

2) Turn off the Tab

3) Put the tab in download mode by holding the power button + volume down rocker simultaneously

4) Connect the tab to your WINDOWS machine. Sorry Macs!

5) Install the drivers; they are provided in the folder. If your on windows 7 the drivers will install themselves.

6) Launch the odin.exe (if you get an error about some missing .dll file then you need to install the Microsoft .Net framework from here):

http://www.microsoft...31-508d977d32a6

7) Make sure there the yellow box says Com:#. the # will be different for everyone. As long as its yellow you are good!

8) Select the pit file from the folder provided

9) Select PDA and the file from the FIRST folder

10) Make sure re-partition is selected as well as the other two options

11) Flash your device; this will take about 3 minutes and you will get a green PASS

12) If your tab didnt reboot then manually reboot it

13) Your tab should be stuck at a blackscreen at this point, THIS IS NORMAL!

14) Go back into download mode (power button + down volume rocker)

15) Close Odin and open it back up

16) Make sure the yellow box is highlighted again and your tab is connected

17) Flash the file from the SECOND folder; using PDA option

18) MAKE SURE REPARTION IS NOT CHECKED

19) The flashing will take about 3 minutes

20) The system SHOULD reboot, if not, just hold the power button for 10 seconds

21) The tab will start up and you should be at the setup screen

IF YOUR TAB GETS STUCK AT THE SAMSUNG LOGO:

1) DONT PANIC!

2) Turn off the tab by pressing the power button for 10 seconds

3) Go into recovery mode (power button + UP volume rocker)

4) Let it boot

5) Select Wipe/Data Factory Reset

6) Press home button to select and keep hitting it till it wipes

7) Reboot and Enjoy!

New Updated Firmware:

JMC-Roto: http://www.multiupload.com/I27JF1OZWQ

How to install updated Firmware:
1) Download

2) Repeat steps 14-21 :)

Are you trying to get 3G working on your ATT tab? Go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=847273

Are you trying to get 3G working on T-Mobile Tab?

You cant....not yet.

Thanks to RotoHammer for his prerooted firmwares

Edit 12/26/10:

Alright guys there has been some talk about using firmwares (from samfirmware) that are leading to bricked tabs. You can get the nitty gritty details here but in summary...STAY AWAY FROM FIRMWARES NOT PREPARED BY TRUSTED XDA MEMBERS. I will only be posting updates that have been prepared by rotohammer. I'm happy to report that my packaged setup has gotten the rotohammer seal of approval and its 100% safe :)

Flash on!

Please stay on topic!

DONT FORGET THE THANKS BUTTON! ;)

Last edited:

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
Very nice. T-mo Tab here. Worked for me, easy to perform. There sure are some niceties in the Euro ROM vs stock T-mo U.S ROM. :p

ovigt71

Nov 18, 2009
Sydney
this rom it will work to any other GSM Tabs? I have JMC rom (european version) and is not branded from any carrier! thanks in advance!

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
Yes this will work with your euro tab as well.

@Everyone you are all welcome :)

this rom it will work to any other GSM Tabs? I have JMC rom (european version) and is not branded from any carrier! thanks in advance!

edit:

I guess i should have been more clear. If your on a euro tab and ur on JMC already and want to go to JMD you should just select the PDA option and the ROM and it should update. You might have to do a factory wip though.

From the Tab.

www.twitter.com/ayman07

Last edited:

imishkai

May 11, 2008
@ayman07

Thanks!! Awesome video, at last i understand what i'm about to do!! :)

A few questions:

1. I see that there is also a Roto-JMC (or even a JMD) firmware. Can it be used instead of Roto-JMA you suggested in your video (as "flash second" step)?

2. Will this update (to JMA or JMC/D) cause 3G to stop working? I think i saw posts that mentioned it on other threads.

3. I saw on other threads that sometimes screen buttons stay on after the firmware update. Will it happen after this update?

Thanks A LOT!!!
Michael.

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
@ayman07

Thanks!! Awesome video, at last i understand what i'm about to do!! :)

A few questions:

1. I see that there is also a Roto-JMC (or even a JMD) firmware. Can it be used instead of Roto-JMA you suggested in your video (as "flash second" step)?

2. Will this update (to JMA or JMC/D) cause 3G to stop working? I think i saw posts that mentioned it on other threads.

3. I saw on other threads that sometimes screen buttons stay on after the firmware update. Will it happen after this update?

Thanks A LOT!!!
Michael.

1) Yes you can flash JMC instead of JMA. It can be done right after flashing JHA; ive never had an issue.

2) When flashing a euro firmware you will get the euro modem. Roto's JMA update doesnt include this modem so you are left with the modem you had previously. However, i think that JHA has a euro modem so even if you flashed Rotos JMA you will still be stuck with the euro modem which only gives EDGE and not 3G. Heres the thing, if you use the euro firmware you can get edge + phone working. If you use stock 3G modem, you will get 3G but no phone. Most people flash the firmware to get phone so 3G is a minor loss compared to the gain.

3) I have never heard of such problems nor do i ever notice anything odd. Could be true but it obviously doesnt bug me lol.

hope this helps!

Reactions: tabing

imishkai

May 11, 2008
Thanks ayman07!!

Regarding #2:

Although I have a T-Mobile Tab which i bought in US, I'm using it outside of US. So my question is: is lack of 3G happens because of compatibility issue of euro firmware with US T-Mobile bands or the modem just lacks 3G support?

Also, i see that there is a Roto modem switcher. Can i flush everything as described and if 3G won't work, switch the modem back to T-Mobile? This way i'll get newest firmware and 3G (i don't care about voice so much, i just want the performance improvements of new releases, etc ...)

Thanks again for help!!

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
Thanks ayman07!!

Regarding #2:

Although I have a T-Mobile Tab which i bought in US, I'm using it outside of US. So my question is: is lack of 3G happens because of compatibility issue of euro firmware with US T-Mobile bands or the modem just lacks 3G support?

Also, i see that there is a Roto modem switcher. Can i flush everything as described and if 3G won't work, switch the modem back to T-Mobile? This way i'll get newest firmware and 3G (i don't care about voice so much, i just want the performance improvements of new releases, etc ...)

Thanks again for help!!

The real reason is just that the modem file doesnt support the bands. like the euro modems dont have support for 1700. therefore, no 3G.

yes you can just use the modem switcher until we get this whole 3G situation worked out. thats a great alternative.

ur welcome :)

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
Thanks ayman07!!

Regarding #2:

Thanks again for help!!

The real reason is just that the modem file doesnt support the bands. like the euro modems dont have support for 1700. therefore, no 3G.

yes you can just use the modem switcher until we get this whole 3G situation worked out. thats a great alternative.

ur welcome :)

ovigt71

Nov 18, 2009
Sydney
doesn't work for me :( take a look at that..... there is any way to fix this? now I got : phone - - - ! - - - computer....
if I flash only PIT, I can restore the Tab, but I like to flash the entire rom...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 411
Reactions: antonio91282

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
doesn't work for me :( take a look at that..... there is any way to fix this? now I got : phone - - - ! - - - computer....
if I flash only PIT, I can restore the Tab, but I like to flash the entire rom...

ur signature says ur already on JMC right? so why are u starting from scratch?
anyway, are u using the JHA.tar when ur doing the repartitioning? did you follow all the steps? if you flash the kernel you will be fine. i recommend u use heimdall for that though. if u WERE on JMC then you just need to extract the JMC.tar and pull out the zImage. then use heimdall to flash it under the kernel option. im not sure if you can flash a zImage from odin using the phone option.

edit:

I think I may have the solution. Are you trying to flash JMD? if so, do this.
Flash the kernel like i mentioned up top. then once its booting again, go back into download mode and select PDA and just flash the JMD.tar that you downloaded. I dont think you need to repartition since ur on a euro tab. sorry about that. i forgot you guys are partitioned. i edited my comment earlier. let me know if that works.

Last edited:

ovigt71

Nov 18, 2009
Sydney
ur signature says ur already on JMC right? so why are u starting from scratch?
anyway, are u using the JHA.tar when ur doing the repartitioning? did you follow all the steps? if you flash the kernel you will be fine. i recommend u use heimdall for that though. if u WERE on JMC then you just need to extract the JMC.tar and pull out the zImage. then use heimdall to flash it under the kernel option. im not sure if you can flash a zImage from odin using the phone option.

actually my problem start in the morning; if you have time to help a noob, take a look at that . after all I was trying desperate to fix this flashing the Roto rom. but I got lost..... some help?

Phone_Junkie

Jul 21, 2010
Chicago Area
Great work Ayman. Your video walkthrough I believe has convinced me to go ahead and flash the firmware on my T-Mobile branded Tab. I have read for hours on end at xda and was still quite confused up until now. I'm not one of the smarter ones. :-D

My reason for wanting to flash is to rid my Tab of the lag, especially for browsing since that is my Tab's main purpose. Do you think I should proceed with flashing or is it just not worth it? I don't really care for the phone function or 3G. I only use Wi-Fi on the Tab.

Thanks!

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
Great work Ayman. Your video walkthrough I believe has convinced me to go ahead and flash the firmware on my T-Mobile branded Tab. I have read for hours on end at xda and was still quite confused up until now. I'm not one of the smarter ones. :-D

My reason for wanting to flash is to rid my Tab of the lag, especially for browsing since that is my Tab's main purpose. Do you think I should proceed with flashing or is it just not worth it? I don't really care for the phone function or 3G. I only use Wi-Fi on the Tab.

Thanks!

yes absolutely! i keep forgetting how amazing the browser is and how much the stock browser sucked! yes you should flash it. i recommend getting the JMC firmware. if you want my opinion, stay away from JMD cuz it truly is a step down from JMC. JMC is fast and JMD is just laggy and blah! stay away from it. let me know how it goes :D

actually my problem start in the morning; if you have time to help a noob, take a look at that . after all I was trying desperate to fix this flashing the Roto rom. but I got lost..... some help?

ill take a look and see if i can help....no promises :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALRIGHT EVERYONE! IM WRITING IN CAPS SO THAT MEANS THIS IS IMPORTANT!

DUE TO SOME PROBLEMS THAT PEOPLE WERE HAVING (SPECIFICALLY THOSE WHO ARE FLASHING FROM A NON-STOCK TAB) I HAVE DECIDED TO PULL THE LINKS UNTIL WE GET A FOOL PROOF WAY OF FLASHING. THANKFULLY, ROTOHAMMER IS ALREADY WORKING ON THAT FOR US. I WILL UPDATE THIS ASAP.

REMEMBER FOLKS! DO NOT FLASH ANY FIRMWARES FROM SAMFIRMWARE.COM. FIRMWARES SUCH AS JMA, JMC, JMD ARE TO BE AVOIDED!! THIS COULD LEAD TO A BRICKED TAB.

UPDATE:

I recommend everyone use Roto's files here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=894763

You can use this tutorial to show you how to flash files in general, I wont rewrite this whole thing though. If your flashing his files you dont have to download any of mine. If you have questions about his JME firmware then post it THERE. If you used my tutorial (which should work on all Tmobile & ATT tabs) then you can get help here too.

If you are on a bone stock T-Mobile tab and would like to the files to flash then PM me.

Thanks to RotoHammer & everyone else who participated in getting this to work. Here is my video. I hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oADoLHWHH4

Okay guys here is the much asked video about how to flash the euro firmware on your tab. This is only for ATT & T-Mobile. PLEASE DONT DO THIS ON THE VERIZON OR SPRINT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE. Please watch this video because the written portion will just be brief; I tried to make this as simple as possible. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR TAB BREAKS: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1) Download all the files you need from here:

http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/in...flashing-euro-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-tab/

2) Turn off the Tab

3) Put the tab in download mode by holding the power button + volume down rocker simultaneously

4) Connect the tab to your WINDOWS machine. Sorry Macs!

5) Install the drivers; they are provided in the folder. If your on windows 7 the drivers will install themselves.

6) Launch the odin.exe (if you get an error about some missing .dll file then you need to install the Microsoft .Net framework from here):

http://www.microsoft...31-508d977d32a6

7) Make sure there the yellow box says Com:#. the # will be different for everyone. As long as its yellow you are good!

8) Select the pit file from the folder provided

9) Select PDA and the file from the FIRST folder

10) Make sure re-partition is selected as well as the other two options

11) Flash your device; this will take about 3 minutes and you will get a green PASS

12) If your tab didnt reboot then manually reboot it

13) Your tab should be stuck at a blackscreen at this point, THIS IS NORMAL!

14) Go back into download mode (power button + down volume rocker)

15) Close Odin and open it back up

16) Make sure the yellow box is highlighted again and your tab is connected

17) Flash the file from the SECOND folder; using PDA option

18) MAKE SURE REPARTION IS NOT CHECKED

19) The flashing will take about 3 minutes

20) The system SHOULD reboot, if not, just hold the power button for 10 seconds

21) The tab will start up and you should be at the setup screen

IF YOUR TAB GETS STUCK AT THE SAMSUNG LOGO:

1) DONT PANIC!

2) Turn off the tab by pressing the power button for 10 seconds

3) Go into recovery mode (power button + UP volume rocker)

4) Let it boot

5) Select Wipe/Data Factory Reset

6) Press home button to select and keep hitting it till it wipes

7) Reboot and Enjoy!

New Updated Firmware:

JMC-Roto: http://www.multiupload.com/I27JF1OZWQ

How to install updated Firmware:
    1) Download

2) Repeat steps 14-21 :)

Are you trying to get 3G working on your ATT tab? Go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=847273

Are you trying to get 3G working on T-Mobile Tab?

You cant....not yet.

Thanks to RotoHammer for his prerooted firmwares

Edit 12/26/10:

Alright guys there has been some talk about using firmwares (from samfirmware) that are leading to bricked tabs. You can get the nitty gritty details here but in summary...STAY AWAY FROM FIRMWARES NOT PREPARED BY TRUSTED XDA MEMBERS. I will only be posting updates that have been prepared by rotohammer. I'm happy to report that my packaged setup has gotten the rotohammer seal of approval and its 100% safe :)

Flash on!

Please stay on topic!

DONT FORGET THE THANKS BUTTON! ;)
    Here is JME

Ok, I finished rooting/packaging JME for yous guys. Im putting the data here for ayman07 to put in the 1st post.

These firmwares are for everyone, whether you have protected bootloaders or not. They don't contain and won't install protected bootloaders either.

All the files are here:
    http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/Rotohammer/JME/

• Roto-JME-Upgrade.zip: Upgrades your existing firmware to JME. Try this first.
    • Roto-JME-FmtIntSD.zip: This package wipes your data, cache and internal SDCARD.
    • Addon-JME-Hidden.zip: Contains DioDict_EngEng.apk Ebook.apk lcdTest.apk
    • Addon-JME-Modem.zip: modem P1000XXJMA (big deal, from early December)
    • P1_add_hidden.pit: use this if coming from a stock firmware, can't really hurt either way

The best option is to backup all your data/apps, flash Roto-JME-FmtIntSD.tar and partition with P1_add_hidden.pit. Thats a nice clean setup, guaranteed to work the best

Use the upgrade if you already have a lot of apps installed and you feel lucky. Worst case is you flash the whole enchilada. Backup you data anyways before hand.

Flash using Odin, using PDA button for any file you flash.

I separated the hidden partition for those folks who can't flash a firmware with hidden.rfs included.
    Yes this will work with your euro tab as well.

@Everyone you are all welcome :)

edit:

I guess i should have been more clear. If your on a euro tab and ur on JMC already and want to go to JMD you should just select the PDA option and the ROM and it should update. You might have to do a factory wip though.

From the Tab.

www.twitter.com/ayman07
    I followed this guide but instead of JMA I installed Roto's JMC. /shrug. At least it's not a brick.

If thats all you installed, then you're safe. I'm downloading the files now to see what ayman07 packaged up.

Update:
    Ok, he bundled stock JHA and my Roto-JMA, which is a perfectly SAFE combination! My Roto-JMC can safely be substituted for the JMA as well.

Whew, this procedure is golden if you use the package of files ayman07 put together!

This is the ONLY How-To guide that I approve :)

Thanks!

yes absolutely! i keep forgetting how amazing the browser is and how much the stock browser sucked! yes you should flash it. i recommend getting the JMC firmware. if you want my opinion, stay away from JMD cuz it truly is a step down from JMC. JMC is fast and JMD is just laggy and blah! stay away from it. let me know how it goes :D

ill take a look and see if i can help....no promises :)