OP xboxexpert

22nd December 2010, 07:29 PM   |  #51  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nanuet NY
Thanks Meter: 1,149

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated download links to reflect change in Youtube fix methods.
22nd December 2010, 08:40 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 5

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxexpert

use this command to fix youtube on 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 it will be implemented in my next revision.

adb shell busybox rm /data/data/com.google.andriod.youtube -r

Thank you again my friend. You have helped turn a great little piece of hardware into an awesome piece of hardware.

Have a Happy Holidays!
The Following User Says Thank You to mistabusta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2010, 06:44 AM   |  #53  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 8

239 posts
More
I ran the script to install and enable adb and that worked but then I tried to run this script and it gives an error that says something like "error: device not found". any ideas why that could be? Thanks and merry Christmas.
25th December 2010, 07:34 AM   |  #54  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,029

2,886 posts
Donate to Me
More
5 stars

Really good work
26th December 2010, 02:48 AM   |  #55  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nanuet NY

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabusta

Thank you again my friend. You have helped turn a great little piece of hardware into an awesome piece of hardware.

Have a Happy Holidays!

Note: I spelled Android wrong in that command....just fix that and it will work perfectly.
26th December 2010, 11:34 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 18

316 posts
I kept getting an error and the NC would keep rebooting to an automatic data wipe if I tried to run the BN store. After 4 re-root processes, I finally found out what the cause was.

Disabling the OTA update seems to cause the authentication error if you try to launch the BN store.

I removed the below from your script, and it no longer causes the data wipe caused by the authentication error.

echo *************************
echo * Disabling OTA Updates *
adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
adb shell mv /etc/security/otacerts.zip /etc/security/otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES
echo Success
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >NUL

I tested with 1.0, updated to 1.01, auto nooter, then auto-config.

EDIT: This post seems to be quoted a few times, but this is not the case. I later discovered that the reason for resets/authorization errors was due to using Titanium to recover data + apps. If you recover data associated with BN Apps, it causes the authorization error.
Last edited by leeh41; 7th January 2011 at 01:22 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leeh41 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2010, 05:37 PM   |  #57  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nanuet NY

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeh41

I kept getting an error and the NC would keep rebooting to an automatic data wipe if I tried to run the BN store. After 4 re-root processes, I finally found out what the cause was.

Disabling the OTA update seems to cause the authentication error if you try to launch the BN store.

I removed the below from your script, and it no longer causes the data wipe caused by the authentication error.

echo * Disabling OTA Updates *
adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
adb shell mv /etc/security/otacerts.zip /etc/security/otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES
echo Success
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >NUL

I tested with 1.0, updated to 1.01, auto nooter, then auto-config.

Were you running this script AFTER your nook was registered and on the B&N Network? Also did you run the script AFTER you had Market working?
26th December 2010, 09:00 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 18

316 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxexpert

Were you running this script AFTER your nook was registered and on the B&N Network? Also did you run the script AFTER you had Market working?

Yes and Yes.

Ran Auto Nooter, youtube, gmail, market. download astro & titanium backup to verify. Test B&N Store.

After the authorization failed/clear data messages, I would do a factory reset to start from scratch.

Used your x8 reboot script, then reboot to clear data VOL+ and N. Auto nooter again, etc etc.

repeated the problem a few times.
27th December 2010, 07:35 PM   |  #59  
Flag North Billerica, MA
Thanks Meter: 6

136 posts
More
Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, just want to make sure I'm going about this right.

My NC was at 1.0.1... I ran auto-nooter-2.12.25 on it, got everything working (YouTube, Market, etc.).

So with these scripts do I use the 1.0.1 script as that's what version my NC is? Do I still put it in my ADB directory and run "autonook"?

I've installed somethings like Facebook, etc. Do I need to uninstall them first before running this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Cha
27th December 2010, 09:41 PM   |  #60  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, just want to make sure I'm going about this right.

My NC was at 1.0.1... I ran auto-nooter-2.12.25 on it, got everything working (YouTube, Market, etc.).

So with these scripts do I use the 1.0.1 script as that's what version my NC is? Do I still put it in my ADB directory and run "autonook"?

I've installed somethings like Facebook, etc. Do I need to uninstall them first before running this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Cha

+1, I'm wondering the same thing. I have a stock NC with 1.0.1 and want to know the proper/easiest method to go about getting all this to work. Auto-nooter first, then immediately run this batch script, then get market working??

Also, is there a way to back up all the books and magazines I've already purchased? Or will they be unaffected after rooting and running this script?

Sorry for noob questions and if these have been answered already, appreciate any help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread