5,594,151 Members 46,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Change your Battery Icon to show Percentage charge level

Tip us?

chongbh
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have flash with "Generic 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware (21/12/2010) | rooted | for xRecovery + X10flasher" & App2SD Operation.

I tried to change my battery icon but when it boot up, the LED reflect violet colour and my home screen becomes a grey screen.

What is the problem here? Anyone can advise me?
Sony Phones Currently Using : Xperia Z (Purple)
Firmware Version : 4.1.2 - Build Number : 10.1.1.A.1.253

Sony Tablet
Waiting for Xperia Tablet Z

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongbh View Post
I have flash with "Generic 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware (21/12/2010) | rooted | for xRecovery + X10flasher" & App2SD Operation.

I tried to change my battery icon but when it boot up, the LED reflect violet colour and my home screen becomes a grey screen.

Booting from sd is not working you will need to reflash led should be blue when booting

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
Xperia T
Running: Stock

IF I HELP PLEASE USE THE THANKS BUTTON

Previous -- iPhone 4s, x10i, Nokia 3210, SL55, Nokia 7110, Motorola Rzor, Blackberry Torch, LG Shine, LG Chocolate, Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ray STi18, Google Nexus S, Sony Arc S, Sony Xperia S, Samsung S2, Xperia T, Windows HTC 8X

chongbh
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy009 View Post
Booting from sd is not working you will need to reflash led should be blue when booting

Thanks but the problem now is not whether the booting from SD is working or not?

The problem here is even if I install the battery percentage icons after flashing the ROM, when it boot up, the phone can show the battery percentage but I will not get my default home screen but a home screen which I cannot access any menu or phone settings.
Sony Phones Currently Using : Xperia Z (Purple)
Firmware Version : 4.1.2 - Build Number : 10.1.1.A.1.253

Sony Tablet
Waiting for Xperia Tablet Z

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 769
Quote:
Thanks but the problem now is not whether the booting from SD is working or not?

The problem here is even if I install the battery percentage icons after flashing the ROM, when it boot up, the phone can show the battery percentage but I will not get my default home screen but a home screen which I cannot access any menu or phone settings.
The purple led means booting from sd card is not working l, that is detailed on the apps2sd thread

Xperia T

Previous -- iPhone 4s, x10i, Nokia 3210, SL55, Nokia 7110, Motorola Rzor, Blackberry Torch, LG Shine, LG Chocolate, Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ray STi18, Google Nexus S, Sony Arc S, Sony Xperia S, Samsung S2, Xperia T, Windows HTC 8X

tandfeen
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I had the same problem. The batterymod worked fine, but the rest of the screen just turned white and unusable. Had to reflash the ROM.
Is there some new code in the framework we have to look in too, to make it work?

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 - white
  • Completely stock
HTC One X - White
  • Completely stock
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16GB WiFi+3G - white
  • Stock - rooted
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 8GB (YP-G70CW) - white version
  • Stock - rooted

MrRusch
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandfeen View Post
I had the same problem. The batterymod worked fine, but the rest of the screen just turned white and unusable. Had to reflash the ROM.
Is there some new code in the framework we have to look in too, to make it work?

Well the mod is not made with 2.0.2.A.0.24 framework as base. There's your problem

MrRusch
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Here's the battery modification for 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: rar framework-res_2.0.2.A.0.24_battery.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.22 MB, 820 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrRusch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tandfeen
Old
(Last edited by tandfeen; 26th December 2010 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Default framework-res.apk for 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware

If anyone, like me, likes option C (from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=92) better, i have added it to the attatched framework.

All credit goes to you MrRusch as you made all the work. I just took the images from one of your framework apk's and added to this new one.

EDIT: I forgot 2 images. It is now fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: rar framework med batteri mod.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.34 MB, 399 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tandfeen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goRt
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandfeen View Post
If anyone, like me, likes option C (from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=92) better, i have added it to the attatched framework.

All credit goes to you MrRusch as you made all the work. I just took the images from one of your framework apk's and added to this new one.
Works perfectly, thanks both

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 769
I just want to add the circle battery meter in green to my current status bar, I had no experience in modding stuff and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction

sent from my Commodore 64
Xperia T