Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to respond to meeting cancellation requests

Tip us?

bugmenever
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Unable to respond to meeting cancellation requests

I've spent a fair chunk of time looking for a resolution to this problem here and all over the web but have failed. So, here goes...

When someone sends out a (Outlook) meeting cancellation request, it comes via email but there are no options presented that would allow removal of the meeting from my calendar. On the contrary, when I get a new meeting request, I am able to respond with an accept, decline, etc. Am I missing something?

cortez.i
Old
Thanks Meter 207
you're not missing anything... same happens to me on my WP7 phone as well as my Android device. my workaround is to find the meeting on my calendar and manually delete it.
d.cortez || HTC One (M8) || SGN 3 || Nexus 7 (LTE)
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm Happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" --Snoopy

bugmenever
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Wow, that sounds ridiculous! I am coming from a Win Mobile 6 device and do not recall ever having such an issue... Lets hope the next update takes care of this

swyftmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Deleting Attendee(s) / Adding ad-hoc email address

Also, under WM6.x I was able to remove an attendee from a calendar entry. I cannot see any function for this. Highly annoying because if I accidentally pick the wrong contact then I have to start the meeting creation over again. Breaking the meeting creation process into two parts (meeting, then attendee association) is a partial solution but still inefficient. Especially if you are adding a lot of attendees and goof up the last one.

Oh, and not being able to add an ad-hoc email address in the attendee section is irritating. Having to create the address in your contacts/people hub first is annoying and I might not want them in there permanently.

swyftmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Scratch that last moan about not being able to delete an attendee - it's hidden behind the WP7 "press and hold' trick.
Tags
cancel, cancellation, meeting, outlook, remove