[Q] Unable to respond to meeting cancellation requests

OP bugmenever

29th December 2010, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

310 posts
More
I've spent a fair chunk of time looking for a resolution to this problem here and all over the web but have failed. So, here goes...

When someone sends out a (Outlook) meeting cancellation request, it comes via email but there are no options presented that would allow removal of the meeting from my calendar. On the contrary, when I get a new meeting request, I am able to respond with an accept, decline, etc. Am I missing something?
29th December 2010, 01:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 213

2,335 posts
More
you're not missing anything... same happens to me on my WP7 phone as well as my Android device. my workaround is to find the meeting on my calendar and manually delete it.
29th December 2010, 02:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

310 posts
More
Wow, that sounds ridiculous! I am coming from a Win Mobile 6 device and do not recall ever having such an issue... Lets hope the next update takes care of this
31st December 2010, 10:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Deleting Attendee(s) / Adding ad-hoc email address
Also, under WM6.x I was able to remove an attendee from a calendar entry. I cannot see any function for this. Highly annoying because if I accidentally pick the wrong contact then I have to start the meeting creation over again. Breaking the meeting creation process into two parts (meeting, then attendee association) is a partial solution but still inefficient. Especially if you are adding a lot of attendees and goof up the last one.

Oh, and not being able to add an ad-hoc email address in the attendee section is irritating. Having to create the address in your contacts/people hub first is annoying and I might not want them in there permanently.
2nd January 2011, 02:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Scratch that last moan about not being able to delete an attendee - it's hidden behind the WP7 "press and hold' trick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cancel, cancellation, meeting, outlook, remove
Previous Thread Next Thread