SPRINT Activation Bypass
FOR SPRINT GALAXY TABs - DEACTIVATION OF SPRINT ACTIVATION MESSAGE ON BOOT and ACTIVATE DEVICE NOTIFICATIONS.
Ok well the verizon method of bypassing the activation everytime you start the tab doesnt work (vol up once, vol down twice, etc. etc.)
I used the 2nd post in:
to try and deactivate the activation screen, but it bricked my Sprint Tab. I had to use the rom available here which messes up GPS and modem. But anyway foxmeister
mentioned why not just go to the app and delete, freeze, it.
1) I used Root explorer and went to:
2) put the folder in R/W mode (look at top for button)
3) now look for -
4) long hold press it, either copy it and paste it in another folder as backup.
5) go back to /system/app/ and long hold press sprintadroidextension.apk
again and Delete it.
6) put the folder back in R/O mode.
Now restart and you should not see anymore activation messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]
Thank you to : foxmeister, sirmacbeth, rkmj
RKMJ stated you can try to use Titanium Backup and freeze the app instead of deleting it. I just deleted it and it WORKS =].
I also saved a backup in another folder so in case i need the app i'll have it.
I'll try to upload the apk for anyone who needs it later.
I made a separate topic on this because 1) i tried it and it worked 2) the other thread is confusing and can lead you to brick your sprint tab fast.