[INFO] - MeeGo Port on HD2 - Started!

Search This thread

zarathustrax

Aug 29, 2007
SouthSide of Chicago
There are different devs working on different things, depending in what interests them. I think its mostly dcordes that is trying to get meego working. It's mostly cotulla that is working on magldr and wp7, while the kernel for nand is being worked on by several other devs.
They do this as their hobby... you don't want to pressure them to do anything, because then its not fun for them and they lose interest.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

victorbd

Jul 20, 2010
Sylhet,Bangladesh
Search Google. It's a high end Linux based phone OS being developed by Nokia and Intel. Unlike android, its a full fledged Linux distro, and is designed for small screens, so its another good option of phone OS that we could run on our hd2s. It will be great to have wm6.5, android, ubuntu, meego, and wp7 all able to boot on our phones. It gives a lot of choice.

but we didnt get wp7 os still...

imanh

Feb 3, 2008
It's dated 31-Dec . It's freaking fresh but it says no touch screen and alot to be fixed .

BTW who is steve ?

i really donno ! i have googled so i could find some link or more details but almost every website contained copy-pasted stuffs !!!!
yeah alot to be fixed but it is the first of the long road to moding ! i still waiting for WP7 but no news ... i afraid it is gonna be dead-end :-(

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Magldr is coming in ver 1.03 to support WP7 boot ?

I sounded rude, sorry for that :D

I went over to Meego's Wiki, I couldn't find anything related to HD2. But since you said you used N1's version I tried to download it, then Headed over to ubuntu to take the zImage, but there were three :confused: So I decided to use N1's Image .

But now I'm stuck, Should I run the commands, found within wiki, on my Android's terminal ?

I assume all my steps were wrong from the scratch :D , thus an informative and well-detailed guide would be much appreciated ;)

stroughtonsmith

Dec 31, 2010
Dublin
www.steventroughtonsmith.com
Hey kawazaki; so, right now there's no real good reason to try this yourself. If enough people want, I'll post better instructions, maybe a zip file with my OS image, but as I blogged, there's no touch input yet.

I'm hoping to sync up with Cotulla at some stage as he got the Ubuntu touchscreen driver working afaik. MeeGo's X.org setup seems pretty different from Ubuntu's, or else I'd just copy that over.

You can boot it with either haret or magldr (from the SD card), like I said I used the kernel from the Ubuntu port (MeeGo is really just a Linux distro, so should work on any modern Linux kernel, and I knew the Ubuntu one works ok).

-S

Edit:
You need an Ubuntu 10.04 machine to build the MeeGo root filesystem image, and then mount it and edit it (adding X.org config, adbd, etc), it's a relatively easy process but pretty complicated. If you don't know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend trying it.

Last edited:
P

psykick5

:O

This guy is insane! He pretty much got WP7 working, too! (except for M$'s dumb unique keys...)
What's next on our phones? Honestly... I think we're running out of OS's to hack...

Android - CHECK
WP7 - CHECK (pretty much)
WM 6.5 - CHECK (already there)
Linux - CHECK
Windows 95 - CHECK
Windows 98 - CHECK
MeeGo - In Progress

mr_billionaire

Aug 16, 2008

This guy is insane! He pretty much got WP7 working, too! (except for M$'s dumb unique keys...)
What's next on our phones? Honestly... I think we're running out of OS's to hack...

Android - CHECK
Linux - CHECK
Windows 95 - CHECK
Windows 98 - CHECK
MeeGo - In Progress

iOS?
Mac OS X 10.5+?

I wish =(

matejdro

Jul 9, 2009

Android - CHECK
Linux - CHECK
Windows 95 - CHECK
Windows 98 - CHECK
MeeGo - In Progress

Windows 7 :D

shu8i

Nov 4, 2009
New Jersey

Android - CHECK
Linux - CHECK
Windows 95 - CHECK
Windows 98 - CHECK
MeeGo - In Progress

Steve got wp7 running?

+webOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey kawazaki; so, right now there's no real good reason to try this yourself. If enough people want, I'll post better instructions, maybe a zip file with my OS image, but as I blogged, there's no touch input yet.

I'm hoping to sync up with Cotulla at some stage as he got the Ubuntu touchscreen driver working afaik. MeeGo's X.org setup seems pretty different from Ubuntu's, or else I'd just copy that over.

You can boot it with either haret or magldr (from the SD card), like I said I used the kernel from the Ubuntu port (MeeGo is really just a Linux distro, so should work on any modern Linux kernel, and I knew the Ubuntu one works ok).

-S

Edit:
    You need an Ubuntu 10.04 machine to build the MeeGo root filesystem image, and then mount it and edit it (adding X.org config, adbd, etc), it's a relatively easy process but pretty complicated. If you don't know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend trying it.
    Not to excite anyone, but I have the touchscreen mostly working now. Fixing some minor details…
    Meego isnt released yet,

still under development?:confused: