[Rom] EXPERIMENTAL AOSP Gingerbread for CDMA Desire *New Build 12/27 w/ GPS*

Search This thread

DevilDogAK

Oct 4, 2009
Juneau, AK
Thanks

Good point there Odd. thank you ipfreely for hooking us up with a taste of the gingerbread. Happy holidays and keep up the good work.

gtdq

Dec 7, 2009
Do you think the Ginger Google apps will work on Cyan 6.1.1, I tried a honycomb music player from another thread and it worked.

dphase

Nov 30, 2009
Good job ipfreelytech. I've been poking around in the repo as well and will contribute any patches I come up with when I'm not working on my MIUI rom.

Reactions: ipfreelytech

criptix

Jul 16, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
i have a port of oxygen running on my cdma desire but it seems the 3d isnt working on mine either plus i have a few lil tweaks here and there that need to be done

Last edited:

ipfreelytech

May 13, 2010
Anchorage Alaska
Theres a lot of work being done on CM7, but the heavy development results in stuff sometimes being broken when you build a random snapshot.

Here is a build I made last night. less stuff works than the older 12/27 build but there is a good deal more cyanogenmod stuff in it compared to the plain AOSP of the 12/27 build.

http://ipfreelytech.net/android/cm70106.zip

you may need to resize or remove CMTD for this build as it is larger than previous CM versions.

Also gridlock32404 is compiling and posting every day over here: http://phones.crackflashers.com/bravoc/

Looking good so far. Any updates?
Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

amir88

Jan 11, 2011
Hi guys.

I want to root my CDMA Desire and install a custom ROM, and I REALLY prefer to have gingerbread !! I didnt know that but other gingerbread ROMs are for GSM Desire :(

SO how is this one ? it it as stable as other ones out there ? should I get this one or get another custom ROM and wait for a more stable one to come ?

cheers. :)

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
Don't wanna spam his thread, but I will say the Ultimate Droid gingerbread rom I am running right now is mostly functional and smooth. CDMA Desire here.

bwatkins79

Jan 17, 2011
looking good

I installed this right after it was posted and have also updated a couple of days ago to one of the dailies posted above by ipfreelytech from gridlock32404

i have had no issues other than the stated issue of the video not working. the phone seems to be running very fast, angry birds loaded about 8 seconds faster on my desire than on my friends iphone4. All in all seems to be a great rom. can't wait for the video to be working too!!

thanks to all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All I have done here is compiled gingerbread from source by following the guide in the cyanogenmod wiki. I am not developing this, just compiling.

Odd_Sam said it best: "Just so everyone understands, this is a rom based off the developmental source code of CyanogenMod 7. OP is not a developer and has no plans to fix any issues that come up. This is more or less a sneak preview of CM 7. OP is just compiling the public source code for CM 7. Treat these "releases" as a "nightly" build. And just for clarification these builds will be experimental so do not report bugs in this thread or anywhere else. CM devs know what does and does not work."

3d acceleration, video camera and network location do not work.

Grab it here: http://ipfreelytech.net/android/update-cm-7-BravoC-1222710-gps.zip
    google apps: http://ipfreelytech.net/android/gingerbread-gapps-hdpi-20101221.zip

it seems that its closer to AOSP than CM at this point, while I compiled it with the cyanogen bits, it seems there aren't many cyanogen commits for gingerbread yet, so things like the power control widgets in the notification bar and the cyanogenmod settings menu are missing.

The 3d acceleration is due to a missing library and will likely not be fixed until after the N1 gingerbread OTA drops.

I haven't posted any newer builds because there is more stuff broken compared to this build.
    I just compiled myself this morning to :) I didn't pull down yours yet but if you want to add some working gApps I put together an update.zip for it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/If_iDTQq/ginger_gApps.html
    Nice, thanks, will try it right now :) marry Christmas
    you GSM users are not missing anything. While I built this as a CM build, at this point its pretty much straight AOSP. besides the boot logo the only thing cyanogen about it is the kernel. I changed the thread title to better reflect that.

I am familiar with compiling cyanogenmod, never tried doing straight AOSP and couldn't find a guide, so thats why the build is as it is.

The cdma crowd had nothing at all in the way of a gingerbread rom posted here or elsewhere i could find on the internets.
    You are doing awesome bud even trying to bring something together for the cdma crowd bro! You need to add IN BIG letters on the thread post, NOT FOR GSM YOU HAVE YOUR OWN, ****ERS!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!! :p

Merry Christmas every body!!!!!!
    Sent from my Desire CDMA using XDA App