Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD2 Meego is a success?!

Tip us?
 
Vampir1c
Old
#1  
Vampir1c's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 117
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default HD2 Meego is a success?!

I did not see news of this posted, but I'm not sure how credible the sources are because I cannot find HD2 info on the links posted, maybe you guys can understand this better.

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/H...14013-580.html

http://blog.steventroughtonsmith.com...-htcs-hd2.html
 
djind
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 490
Join Date: Jul 2008
I didn't know it was possible to load Meego on the HD2 :eek:. Just got Android NAND, but I would like to see this on there as wel.
 
searuff
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2010
I watched the video how HD2 running Meego. It's laggy. Seems need some development but that video shows running Meego is possible on HD2. They's linux base anyway.
 
matejdro
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 1,160
Join Date: Jul 2009
So, i will ask question in more general way:

Will i be able to test meego without deleting data of my current NAND Android?
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
 
Vampir1c
Old
#5  
Vampir1c's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 117
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by matejdro View Post
So, i will ask question in more general way:

Will i be able to test meego without deleting data of my current NAND Android?
From what I can tell you might need windows mobile because it might need Haret to start. I am not certain though, its just a guess.
 
orangekid
Old
#6  
orangekid's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,071
Posts: 10,185
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by matejdro View Post
So, i will ask question in more general way:

Will i be able to test meego without deleting data of my current NAND Android?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir1c View Post
From what I can tell you might need windows mobile because it might need Haret to start. I am not certain though, its just a guess.
Here is a post from the dude developing it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=145

this means you can keep you Android NAND rom just fine
 
Cotulla
Old
#7  
Cotulla's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,446
Posts: 881
Join Date: Sep 2007
anyway my opinion that MEEGO future is unknown now.
Looks like Nokia plans to release first phone with X86 inside, it can means that ARM versions won't be developed at all (or won't be so cool, like X86)
As well I heard nokia plans to use own programs, which will replace MEEGO standard. It can result in bad quality of this internal programs, because all will use Nokia's own versions.
As well I don't think other manufactures will support MEEGO a lot - they have Android for choose, which is more preferable from market point of view.


Anyway, time will show the truth
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotulla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
orangekid
Old
#8  
orangekid's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,071
Posts: 10,185
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotulla View Post
anyway my opinion that MEEGO future is unknown now.
Looks like Nokia plans to release first phone with X86 inside, it can means that ARM versions won't be developed at all (or won't be so cool, like X86)
As well I heard nokia plans to use own programs, which will replace MEEGO standard. It can result in bad quality of this internal programs, because all will use Nokia's own versions.
As well I don't think other manufactures will support MEEGO a lot - they have Android for choose, which is more preferable from market point of view.


Anyway, time will show the truth
that's a shame, they see how successful the Android model is and then choose to do this?
 
tfouto
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 615
Join Date: Jun 2007
i would like to see webOS on the HD2... from SD... 1+
 
pack21
Old
#10  
pack21's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 201
Posts: 2,005
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfouto View Post
i would like to see webOS on the HD2... from SD... 1+
+1


i have a Palm Pre...but the screen is to little for me...but the WebOS is awesome.!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Schedule Is Up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more