Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG P500 reboots and sd card

OP pedroh

31st December 2010, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
Hello,

I'm a new owner of a phone with android, since a month ago. The problem with my phone is that some time ago it started rebooting about 2 times per day (in some cases rebooting even I'm not touching it)
I tried removing almost all applications and didn't work (the first app was task killer since I read that's not needed).
One thing that may be helping the phone rebooting itself is that some times I see this notification: "SD card removed unexpectedly".
I have a 8gb class 2 card. But I tried with a 4gb class 4 card and same message appear. I tried formating both cards and didn't work.

Anyone can please help?

Best regards,
Pedro
31st December 2010, 07:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Rethymno Greece
Thanks Meter: 48

368 posts
More
and my P500 do a restart the card SD (2GB, which was from the market) and probably due to the firmware of the LG (it has a .10 b) so I expect the update from LG that fixes the problem

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
31st December 2010, 09:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 28

185 posts
thousands of us are facing this problem. LG are idiots to have released the phone with such a glaring defect.
31st December 2010, 04:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ostrava (mostly)
Thanks Meter: 355

587 posts
More
But also thousands of us doesn't have any problems with this. It's really strange and you can not say, that LG is idiots - maybe everything works before on testing. Maybe some factory failed in collecting, maybe some wrong series of components... maybe.... who knows.

One think is true - they should face up to problems and not do, that nothing happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_ERROR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2010, 06:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

36 posts
So the only thing that I can do, is wait for an software update from LG? (perhaps android 2.3 resolve it?)
1st January 2011, 09:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 28

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroh

So the only thing that I can do, is wait for an software update from LG? (perhaps android 2.3 resolve it?)

I doubt whether this is related to software, since other phones don't face this issue. The phone has crashed several times at the end of a call, and I couldn't even press the disconnect button. When the phone doesn't even be stable and do the basic phone features properly, nothing else matters.
5th January 2011, 09:31 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I also had this problem.
SanDisk 8GB cl2: reboot 2-3 times daily. Best 1% / hour battery.
SanDisk 2GB cl2: remount frequently. 1% / hour battery.
Original card that came 2GB(Samsung?):NO reboot,NO remount, 2% / 8 hours (night) battery!!!
6th January 2011, 02:50 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

33 posts
My sd card didn't remove but the device some times start a reboot, and after a few seconds it enter on the phone (after the text ANDROID when i can see the desktop), when the phone signs he's mounting the sd, the phone goes on reset again and do this for several times, and i can't acess to the device. Some times he works normally.
I tryied to start the device without the sd but when he resets he still reset even without sd, so i don't think this isn't a sd question.
Some one else have this problem?
6th January 2011, 07:23 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

126 posts
More
Wink
I update to the v10b by lg suite yesterday. I dont have the random reboot problem anymore for the last 24 hr. and I play pocket legend and like ever 2 hours the phone must reboot with the v10a. Now I am very happy with the v10b. no reboot for the game playing but i felt the graphic is little bit slower than v10a. and I am also factory reset my phone after update. So I can tell is it because the firmware or some software on the card or the root causing the reboot. But I am sure I am a happy pocket legends player. I am also using my old nokia 8g class 4 sd card with the original sd back up.
12th January 2011, 01:33 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

36 posts
After I update to v10n, I've been runing android whitout rebooting and unmounting for about 125 hours (and growing).
I can say the software solved the problem because im using same card and I didn't factory either the phone or card.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread