Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Pocket Player Skin VGA (FUZE / TOUCH PRO)

OP dgaud007

3rd January 2011, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 11

323 posts
More
I searched for a while but couldn't find many VGA skins for Pocket Player, especially for fat fingers, so I made this one to suit my needs.This is a new skin I'm using mostly for the car. The idea is to maximize screen space with visuals and info, and use the hardware buttons of the FUZE to handle the controls. Just thought I shared...

NOTE:
The skin is named default_vgals.psz so it will overwrite your default installed landscape skin. This way it is automatically selected when tilting the phone. If you don't like that, just change the name ;).

[EDIT 1/8/11]

1. Added a new version with some tweaks and the MENU BAR at the bottom, which seems more useful than the slider.
2. Also added a small Mortscript that enables selecting between separate PocketPlayer libraries. The idea is to split up large music libraries into different folders and let PP compile individual databases (metadatadb) in each folder. This greatly improves the performance of the application when browsing for music. For example, in my case, PP would struggle with my 3500+ song single library, taking on average 10 - 20 secs between each operation. After dividing the music into 4 separate folders (~1000 songs each), response is almost instant. You need to change the name of the folders in the script to match the actual folders you create, or it won't work. Then make sure you run the library scan on each folder. You get the idea...Try it...but remember to always backup, etc...

Ver 1.0

Menu Bar Version (No space for track slider!)

Library Script
Last edited by dgaud007; 9th January 2011 at 04:09 PM.
3rd January 2011, 03:15 AM   |  #2  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,043

22,288 posts
Donate to Me
This definitely will be great news for VGA users!
9th January 2011, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ponce

323 posts
More
Gentle bump because I added / changed some stuff.
13th January 2011, 03:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 2

94 posts
More
Help!
dgaud, can ver 1.0 be installed on hd2 leo. also what is a Psz file? Is there a cab or is this what i need to install....
default_vgals.psz??????
14th January 2011, 01:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ponce

323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongus1

dgaud, can ver 1.0 be installed on hd2 leo. also what is a Psz file? Is there a cab or is this what i need to install....
default_vgals.psz??????

So the skin is only for the music program Pocket Player, which uses skins of the format *.psz (just a zip file renamed). The file just need to be copied to the pocket player installation folder, and then selected from the options menu. Also, this particular skin is only for VGA devices (640x480), but I don't know if Pocket Player will try to render it in your device (800x480). That said, let me see if I find some time to make a WVGA version this weekend...no promises...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pocket player, skin
Previous Thread Next Thread