5,594,653 Members 32,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pocket Player Skin VGA (FUZE / TOUCH PRO)

Tip us?

dgaud007
Old
(Last edited by dgaud007; 9th January 2011 at 03:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Smile Pocket Player Skin VGA (FUZE / TOUCH PRO)

I searched for a while but couldn't find many VGA skins for Pocket Player, especially for fat fingers, so I made this one to suit my needs.This is a new skin I'm using mostly for the car. The idea is to maximize screen space with visuals and info, and use the hardware buttons of the FUZE to handle the controls. Just thought I shared...

NOTE:
The skin is named default_vgals.psz so it will overwrite your default installed landscape skin. This way it is automatically selected when tilting the phone. If you don't like that, just change the name ;).

[EDIT 1/8/11]

1. Added a new version with some tweaks and the MENU BAR at the bottom, which seems more useful than the slider.
2. Also added a small Mortscript that enables selecting between separate PocketPlayer libraries. The idea is to split up large music libraries into different folders and let PP compile individual databases (metadatadb) in each folder. This greatly improves the performance of the application when browsing for music. For example, in my case, PP would struggle with my 3500+ song single library, taking on average 10 - 20 secs between each operation. After dividing the music into 4 separate folders (~1000 songs each), response is almost instant. You need to change the name of the folders in the script to match the actual folders you create, or it won't work. Then make sure you run the library scan on each folder. You get the idea...Try it...but remember to always backup, etc...

Ver 1.0

Menu Bar Version (No space for track slider!)

Library Script

orb3000
Old
XDA News Writer / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3010
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
This definitely will be great news for VGA users!
orb

HTC One Max - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognises that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

dgaud007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Gentle bump because I added / changed some stuff.

Humongus1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Help!

dgaud, can ver 1.0 be installed on hd2 leo. also what is a Psz file? Is there a cab or is this what i need to install....
default_vgals.psz??????
Live everyday as if it's your last, if not then soft reset

dgaud007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongus1 View Post
dgaud, can ver 1.0 be installed on hd2 leo. also what is a Psz file? Is there a cab or is this what i need to install....
default_vgals.psz??????
So the skin is only for the music program Pocket Player, which uses skins of the format *.psz (just a zip file renamed). The file just need to be copied to the pocket player installation folder, and then selected from the options menu. Also, this particular skin is only for VGA devices (640x480), but I don't know if Pocket Player will try to render it in your device (800x480). That said, let me see if I find some time to make a WVGA version this weekend...no promises...
Tags
pocket player, skin