[Q] Anyone know how to use HAC mode?

Search This thread

in_dmand

Dec 1, 2010
Greenville, SC
Been looking all over and can't really find any info (even in the vibrant bible or dev section) about how to use HAC mode. I found the following instructions on how to set my volume at max (100) using HAC mode, but I am specifically wanting to know if and how to save it at that setting, since when I reboot my phone it resets... also is there anyway to increase the "in call" volume through the ear phone to max? if so, how? Thanks

Dialer: *#*#197328640#*#*
[5] AUDIO
[1] HANDSET
[1] VOLUME
[1] SRC Speech RX Volume
[5]5_lvl : 88
Menu -> Key Input
Change to any number greater than 88 (Max:100)
OK
Press back to save.
Default values:
0_lvl: 63
1_lvl: 68
2_lvl: 73
3_lvl: 78
4_lvl: 83
5_lvl: 88
It will reset after a reboot so be sure to run through it again if you wish to increase the volume level again. There isn’t enough testing done or reports at this time to tell if moving the volume past 88 will damage or blow out your speaker. So as usual if this mod blows out your speaker you are using at your own risk.

ntellegence

Nov 30, 2006
There was a thread on this. If I remember correctly 100 is a no no. Increase by twos and check it. It might pop up if you search volume, handset volume.

dragoon2040

Jun 2, 2009
using HAC is kinda pointless unless u are using a hearing aid. HAC stands for hearing aid compatible.

Last edited:

in_dmand

Dec 1, 2010
Greenville, SC
well i wanted to know how to increase my external speaker volume, not the earpiece volume... already figured that out (via the above info) and it works well. it works great even if u don't have a hearing aid, due to just increasing the volume.