Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,164 Members 39,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

settings.db?

Tip us?
 
shaddowdemon
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default settings.db?

Hello!

My main question is: where are the settings stored? I've done some research, and there is apparently supposed to be a file called settings.db on android phones... but mine doesn't have one o.O

I was locked out of my phone because of the pattern lock screen, and it will not accept my gmail user name and password. It immediately fails when I submit the info, and I am positive it is correct. A common solution to this problem is to change some variables in settings.db (for different phones).

To find all .db files, I used: find / -name "*.db" -print

I can boot into clockwork recovery and connect with adb...

Thanks in advance!
 
imnuts
Old
#2  
imnuts's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,977
Posts: 3,418
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Chester

 
DONATE TO ME
Are you running the command as root? The default user doesn't have read access to all directories on the phone, and it's likely the file is in one of those directories.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
 
shaddowdemon
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2010
I believe so. I have a # for the prompt.
 
shaddowdemon
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2010
Ah, after many hours, I have fixed my problem. Since it's possible someone else may find this thread, I'll explain what I did. Basically, the datadata folder is not auto-mounted. I noticed this when I was doing a nandroid backup... so, I mounted it, and my problems were solved

First, I used adb to pull /etc/fstab. In fstab, you can view the device location that is usually mounted for the datadata folder (open it in notepad or wordpad or something).

After that, I used adb -d shell and mounted the device.

I forget the name of the block file, but the syntax of the command to mount devices is:

Code:
mount <block_device_location> /datadata
Come to think of it, "mount /datadata" might have also worked.

After that, I was able to find the settings.db file in the datadata/databases folder and edit a setting in it to remove the permanent lock using the "sqlite browser". The variable to change is obvious (it has permanent lockout in the name) and it needs to be changed from a 1 to a 0.
 
dbluegmc
Old
(Last edited by dbluegmc; 22nd March 2011 at 06:07 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2010
**** this **** didnt work, too confusing.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes