Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Evo Shift 4g 01/09/2011 + Video Review

OP sirmx

9th January 2011, 09:18 PM   |  #41  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 287

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio

How can the Sabor be vaporware if it was never announced in the first place? It was a rumor and is still a rumor.

Second, Qualcomm has 2 dual-core chips, one for HSPA+ (MSM8260) and one for HSPA+/EV-DO Rev B (MSM8660). They announced them back in June.

What I'm saying is that the Sabor does not exist. Otherwise there would be something to substantiate it by now.
I agree that there will be dual core devices, but it looks like they aren't currently as far along as the competitors.

Thank you for pointing out that they have dual core processors. I think a lot of us were under the assumption that they didn't, but you are correct. So hopefully we can dispel that myth.

With all the dual core devices that were unveiled this week I would assume that HTC would have shown something if they had it.
Again, I'm not saying that they won't have something by the end of Q2 or by Q3, but they definitely appear to be behind the curve.
9th January 2011, 09:36 PM   |  #42  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 287

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've created three new threads in the XDA general section in an attempt to streamline all Evo Shift discussions.

Root and Development
Issues
General Discussion
9th January 2011, 10:07 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 7

226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoKC

What I'm saying is that the Sabor does not exist. Otherwise there would be something to substantiate it by now.
I agree that there will be dual core devices, but it looks like they aren't currently as far along as the competitors.

Thank you for pointing out that they have dual core processors. I think a lot of us were under the assumption that they didn't, but you are correct. So hopefully we can dispel that myth.

With all the dual core devices that were unveiled this week I would assume that HTC would have shown something if they had it.
Again, I'm not saying that they won't have something by the end of Q2 or by Q3, but they definitely appear to be behind the curve.

I have a feeling that no one has used Qualcomm's dual-cores because of the Tegra 2. Also, it could be that HTC is waiting for Qualcomm's newer dual-core Snapdragons which will have Adreno 3xx.
10th January 2011, 02:01 AM   |  #44  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 4,505

9,990 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio

I have a feeling that no one has used Qualcomm's dual-cores because of the Tegra 2. Also, it could be that HTC is waiting for Qualcomm's newer dual-core Snapdragons which will have Adreno 3xx.

I hope you're right! I read on another thread that Sprint usually announces its high end phones at CTIA in March. I really hope this happens!
10th January 2011, 05:11 AM   |  #45  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 299

1,835 posts
Donate to Me
More
I tried out the Shift today in a Sprint store, and surprisingly, I thought the Optimus S was a lot quicker and snappier than the Shift.
sirmx
10th January 2011, 02:37 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinehart93

I tried out the Shift today in a Sprint store, and surprisingly, I thought the Optimus S was a lot quicker and snappier than the Shift.

You can blame HTC Sense for the bloated feeling
10th January 2011, 10:17 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 19

391 posts
I used the VISIONary app for root. Set it on temp root at boot and it works for root necessary apps such as wireless tether (little slower than at home wifi but a great backup if I have my computer away from a wireless source), shoot me, set cpu, even quick boot
10th January 2011, 10:39 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 19

391 posts
Anyones phone running a little funky sometimes messing with root? When the phone boots back up it is really laggy but smooths back out after a couple minutes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread