Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] Flashing | Official ROMs | Custom ROMs

Tip us?

myshu
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.chatten View Post
Enter *#272*your imei#
Now select CPW from the list and tap install, wait for the phone to restart and you're all done.
thanks for the code , this is the way people can get theyre apn settings automatically after flashing back the original firmware. ( caution , use it after a fresh install otherwise you will loose all your apps)

nislo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone happen to have the registry settings for Australia to get back to the stock ROM?

jamesalfred
Old
(Last edited by jamesalfred; 12th January 2011 at 07:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Hello guys,

I just tried to flash my Galaxy 5 to 2.2 using the USA Firmware. After I flash it, i can't use my phone anymore. It always said that the android process needs to be forced quit. When I tried to flash with the Asia firmware, the touch screen didn't work. What firmware should I flash to get 2.2? Or what's the trick? Thanks.

Btw, I'm from Indonesia, and I got this device from Samsung Indonesia. Thanks.

NVM, i just reflashed it using the 2.2 USA firmware. Working fine.....for now.... Thanks.

Abdsyafii
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hard reset after flash.

Sent from my GT-I5503 using Tapatalk

d.chatten
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poltn6 View Post
So, everything seems to work apart from the bit quoted above. Did you make a mistake in the codes?

Hard reset code for me was: *2767*3855#

Thanks
Thanks for pointing that out, yes i made a mistake with the reset code, i've fixed it now.

brijesh10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool gingerbird

hey are their any chances of getting gingerbird on galaxy5
thanks in advance

poltn6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.chatten View Post
Thanks for pointing that out, yes i made a mistake with the reset code, i've fixed it now.
What about the IMEI code? Enter *#272*your imei# - THis didn't work for me either.

Seems to have worked fine anyway and updated firmware via Kies.

Thanks

kill3r000
Old
Thanks Meter 5
After 80 pages full with users from all around the globe, different problems, hacks, helps and helpers, etc., there is no topic bound for this great little phone yet? Am amazed
------------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus One P500 - Android Stock 2.2.2 - Vodafone V.10q - Great Phone - REPAIRED (changed PCB, IMEI) - DO NOT FOOL AROUND WITH ROMS AND KDZ; Samsung GT-I5500; HTC Touch Diamond <GeN.Y D2(X) ROM + XDAndroid 2.1 (rel 2.5a); Apple IPod Touch 3rd gen. 4.3.3 Jailbreaked

curiouso9
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill3r000 View Post
After 80 pages full with users from all around the globe, different problems, hacks, helps and helpers, etc., there is no topic bound for this great little phone yet? Am amazed
you've got that right!

d.chatten
Old
(Last edited by d.chatten; 12th January 2011 at 02:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poltn6 View Post
What about the IMEI code? Enter *#272*your imei# - THis didn't work for me either.

Seems to have worked fine anyway and updated firmware via Kies.

Thanks
I think you may need to do a hard reset first using *2767*3855# after using Kies, then use *#272*your imei# strait after the hard reset to change the product code, to check your IMEI type *#06#

Tags
galaxy 5, galaxy europa, gt-i5500, i5503t, samsung galaxy i5500, samsung galaxy i5503