[q] WP7 How to set your APN? And how to fix wifi

Search This thread

rob-ra

Dec 9, 2009
Venlo
Hey,

I just installed WP7, it's all running very smooth but my Wifi doesn't find any networks and I don't know how to set my APN settings.

I read other posts saying go to settins->mobile network and then edit apn. But I only see Add apn which asks for a username and a password?

Help would be appreciated.

- Rob

auasian

Apr 2, 2010
Hey,

I just installed WP7, it's all running very smooth but my Wifi doesn't find any networks and I don't know how to set my APN settings.

I read other posts saying go to settins->mobile network and then edit apn. But I only see Add apn which asks for a username and a password?

Help would be appreciated.

- Rob
Are you T mobile? All I did was put the carriers name. I have T mobile so i put "T-Mobile US" and left the rest blank. Worked for me.

wallybarto

Sep 28, 2010
apn

apn: epc.tmobile.com

user name: blank

password: blank

works for me (tmous) been using it for a couple hours. had one random reboot, but all good after that

Tjalle

Sep 5, 2008
I had the same problem, I use HI although he suggest i'm on KPN but you have insert in the APN section: portalmmm.nl

meptik

Jul 15, 2008
Amstelveen
Wifi doesn't see any networks at all? Odd.

Wifi's working well enough for me. I did notice some pretty weird stuff, though:

• It seems to be impossible to find out your wifi MAC address from within WP7 - I had to browse through my router's logs for it.
  • Once I found it, though, I soon realized that it was actually useless to know in the first place, since the MAC address seems to change every boot with this ROM (forget about restricting access to your network based on MAC).
  • While modifying router settings to get the phone to connect, WP7 also froze on me a few times.
  • WP7 will not connect at all with networks with a hidden SSID.

It would seem there's still some room for improvement on the wifi front.

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
I've the same problem with Wifi since i flash the OS with a SD cards !If i remove this one, all works fine!

vjbandido

May 19, 2010
Prepaid T-Mobile service

I believe the problem with the settings are not for the regular T-Mobile service, but for the Prepaid T-Mobile service (SimpleMobile), there is no place configure the APN with all the necessary settings like: Proxy, Port, MMSC, MMS proxy, MCC, MNC, etc.

If anyone finds a way to setup this values on HD2WP7 please post here.

Thank you in advance

Fabian1985

Oct 30, 2008
When go to settings > celuar, click on automatic, then press manual. When you have done that you see a button sais APN. Click on it and put this in (Vodafone)

APN: live.vodafone.com
user: vodafone
pass: vodafone

All done, now It works (for me anyway). Wifi sucks on some SD cards, don't know wich ones.

Also there is somwhere here a APN list for alot of country's and providers. Search google XDA APN settings or so.

mava0025

Jun 1, 2011
I can't configure the apn settings, and the HTC Connection Setup show me this message: "the carrier doesn't exist in database. Please contact your carrier for connection setting and go to Setting>Cellular>edit APN for further configuration"...
Is there a way add my carrier the the database of the connection setup?

MElhassan

Jul 31, 2011
MooN
Any luck with the WIFI issue?
I've tried the above mentioned solution by removing the SD C & reboot again but i didn't work for me.