Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] AudiobookMark [R] 2011-01-13 [V]1.0

Tip us?

dbroome
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [APP] AudiobookMark [R] 2011-01-13 [V]1.0

Name: AudiobookMark

I was frustrated by the lack of built-in support for mp3-based audiobooks so I wrote this app. It lets you load as many audiobooks as you have memory for. It remembers where you are in each file of each book (and of course, which file you are listening to for each book).

It has standard transport keys plus the ability to enter HH:MM:SS to skip directly to.

Download Link: social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=b1cab14b-e91d-e011-9264-00237de2db9e
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	play.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	488874  
The Following User Says Thank You to dbroome For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4715
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Is this a free app?

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

HTC One (M8)
ROM: Stock, unrooted (1.57.531.7)
Radio: 1.16.21331931
HBOOT: Locked (S-ON)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue

dbroome
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Its a 0.99 app, with a free trial that basically let's you use it without limitation, but pops up a message box occasionally...

elmstrom
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can you add support for a sleep timer? So you need to shake the phone every 15 mins or it will pause the audio book.
The Following User Says Thank You to elmstrom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dbroome
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
That sounds like a useful addition. Let me think through how best to implement it, and I'll try to add it in with "run under locked screen" update I'm working on...
The Following User Says Thank You to dbroome For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

songokussm
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmstrom View Post
Can you add support for a sleep timer? So you need to shake the phone every 15 mins or it will pause the audio book.
I would also really like this.
Device: ATT SGS3 SGH-I747
Rom: LoserRom v1.5.1
Kernal: Ktoonsez TW 12-12

tigerlocc
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hey dbroome, this sounds like it has the potential to be an awesome app. I'm so used to the Mortplayer audiobook app on Android and really enjoy using it (great alternative to music btw).

So by mention of "remembers where you are" you mean bookmarks are automatically placed for us? I ask because a cool feature of the mortplayer app was the bookmark feature where you can tag certain spots on demand and go back to wherever you tagged. I hope you go far with this app, it really does sound promising.

The UI looks good too!

dbroome
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I had not heard of Mortplayer, I'll have to check it out, though I don't have an Android device to be able to get a good look at it.

You are correct in that the app places the bookmark for you. It basically remembers where you were in each file.

How do you use the "tag different places in a file" type feature in your audiobook listening? I generally am just listening to novels, and don't have any real need to jump to various spots in the same file.

The reason I ask is that I'd like to implement features users would use, but don't want to overly complicate it with feature bloat.

As an update, I have implemented and am testing three new features. Once I make sure it is working as expected, I'll submit the update to the marketplace:
1) Configurable port on the loader (8001 might not be convenient for everyone. Should have thought of this before)
2) Run under locked screen. Now you can lock the screen to save battery power
3) Configureable sleep timer (with optional shake to reset).

I hope to submit it in the next day or so...

directorfer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Question Thanks / Volume / File Corruption

First I love the app. I have been writing down my numbers until this app came along. Thank you dbroome.

Second, I noticed the volume is weaker than the default music player; has any one else notice this?

Third, I received a file corruption error message saying it couldn't determine the file lengths and displays all .MP3s as being 00:00:00 in running time. The files didn't play, but after a reboot they started too but still display the zero length; anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Director Fer

SeanX
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Also needs skip forward/skip back button that just goes 30 sec back/fprward. The current skip to a location is not usable when driving.
Bonus points for a ui redesign with bigger buttons.
Additional bonus points for a fast play (i.e. play back at 150% speed with no pitch shift).

For me to purchase, I need:
Play under lock screen
Uploader program to work (changing ports might help)