Circle Battery D for DJ05 (and DL09)

Search This thread

krispuniq

Oct 21, 2008
Birmingham
great app

Well, I see some people have downloaded the DL09 version -- it works, right?

Yea ! it works.. I have used it with DL09 ROM with DL09 Stock & Stupid Fast Kernels.. It works on both of these without any issues.

I am not quite sure if it is accurate or not, but my battery seems to drain out pretty soon on DL09. Never happened with DJ05, cant blame your app though ! just a heads up bro.

any update coming up for this ? changing colors with percentage dropping .. widget for customization etc ??

jselden

Jun 29, 2010
CT
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Is it possible for someone to post verzion Z with black task bar, enhanced, Smooth charging animation with gradient fill for dl09?
this style:
rodykcustom.php

http://circle.glx.nl/?c=Uj0xJkI9MTQ...GRkZGRkYmNlY9MCY2VD1GRkZGRkYmRz0xJk09MiZTPTM=

I had this on dl01 and with the update its gone. (post 44 was what i originally had http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=791886&highlight=accurate+battery&page=5) That would be a great help if someone could. I tried and when i applied the zip file via cwm all i got was force closes and had to restore.

tapout27

Aug 14, 2009
Nashville
Is it possible for someone to post verzion Z with black task bar, enhanced, Smooth charging animation with gradient fill for dl09?
this style:
rodykcustom.php

http://circle.glx.nl/?c=Uj0xJkI9MTQ...GRkZGRkYmNlY9MCY2VD1GRkZGRkYmRz0xJk09MiZTPTM=

I had this on dl01 and with the update its gone. (post 44 was what i originally had http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=791886&highlight=accurate+battery&page=5) That would be a great help if someone could. I tried and when i applied the zip file via cwm all i got was force closes and had to restore.

i would like to see this as well if someone could do it...i dont care too much for the circle batteries

hindustani8

Oct 19, 2010
I am running stock DL09 and rooted. I tried installing the "DL09circlebattD.zip" file mentioned in post 19, but I keep getting:
"E:failed to varity whole-file signature
E:signature verificaton faied
Installation aborted."
Is anyone else having this problem?

s44

Sep 25, 2010
I am running stock DL09 and rooted. I tried installing the "DL09circlebattD.zip" file mentioned in post 19, but I keep getting:
Installation aborted."
It's a CWM zip, so to install it you need to Odin in Clockwork (see thread in dev forum), d/l ROM Manager from the Market, and then flash Clockwork from ROM Manager (may need to do this last step twice). Then reboot into recovery and, if you're in blue Samsung recovery instead of green CWM, pick "apply update.zip". When you're in CWM recovery, then you can install this (or any other CWM) zip package.

Don't ever rename this file to update.zip or otherwise tamper with the update.zip that ROM Manager leaves on your SD card.

Last edited:
Reactions: hindustani8

hindustani8

Oct 19, 2010
I flash Clockwork from ROM Manger (twice), however, I keep rebooting into blue Samsung recovery instead fo Green CWM. I am bit confused about "reinstall pacakes." when I'm in recovery mode I only have 4 options:
reboot, apple update.zip, wipe data/cashe, and wipe system.
What am I doing wrong?

s44

Sep 25, 2010
I flash Clockwork from ROM Manger (twice), however, I keep rebooting into blue Samsung recovery instead fo Green CWM. I am bit confused about "reinstall pacakes." when I'm in recovery mode I only have 4 options:
reboot, apple update.zip, wipe data/cashe, and wipe system.
What am I doing wrong?
Sorry, it's "apply update.zip" -- I keep getting this and the Captivate confused.

I think you forgot to Odin CWM before the ROM Manager business.

s44

Sep 25, 2010
this style:
rodykcustom.php

This is the one I posted for DI01, redone for DL09. It should work -- tell me if it doesn't.
It works.

Attachments

• fascinate_DL09_batteryZ.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: jselden

jselden

Jun 29, 2010
CT
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Awesome. Flashing now. Been waiting for this as i messed up trying to do it myself.

Is this a hard process to do?

I work in IT and am familiar with HTML, and very limited SQL. I do not know if either of these languages will help get me started in making my own battery icons, and themes.

s44

Sep 25, 2010
Just changing icons without changing XML is easy. Swap the images in the apks with 7zip.

If you have to change XML, you need to decompile and recompile the apk before/after editing. This can get tricky -- APK Manager helps. So the basic circle battery mod needs three XML files edited from stock... but after that you can swap in any icons without decompiling/compiling, as long as the iconsets have the same number of image files. (Version Z outputs a lot more charging icons, unfortunately, than the stock circle mods, and needs either image culling/renaming or another XML edit.)

If you need to change something that's not just in an apk but in a jar, you need to decompile/compile that too with smali/baksmali (see an example here).

To do full themes, you not only have to know how to edit these files but where everything is. Looking at the files other themes are changing can help with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: jselden

jselden

Jun 29, 2010
CT
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks I appreciate the tips. I have been wanting to do some mods myself and have started to read up on it. But this will get me going quick in the battery icon department. I have a few ideas i have been wanting to try out.

Also the battery Z worked perfectly.

s44

Sep 25, 2010
Almost certain it won't work on DL30. Not flashing that myself until at least Voodoo, so sorry... I think there are some themes up already though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really simple, for those who like mostly stock. Flash with CWM.

sleep deprivation + compiling apks = really dumb error, despite re-using my old xml edits (see earlier thread)

But this one works.

Edit: DL09 in post 19
    Any hope for a dl09 port ???? Pretty please ????
    This should work, but do a nandroid first until someone confirms working because I haven't switched to test.
    This works.
    Installation aborted."
    It's a CWM zip, so to install it you need to Odin in Clockwork (see thread in dev forum), d/l ROM Manager from the Market, and then flash Clockwork from ROM Manager (may need to do this last step twice). Then reboot into recovery and, if you're in blue Samsung recovery instead of green CWM, pick "apply update.zip". When you're in CWM recovery, then you can install this (or any other CWM) zip package.

Don't ever rename this file to update.zip or otherwise tamper with the update.zip that ROM Manager leaves on your SD card.
    this style:
    rodykcustom.php

This is the one I posted for DI01, redone for DL09. It should work -- tell me if it doesn't.
    It works.
    Just changing icons without changing XML is easy. Swap the images in the apks with 7zip.

If you have to change XML, you need to decompile and recompile the apk before/after editing. This can get tricky -- APK Manager helps. So the basic circle battery mod needs three XML files edited from stock... but after that you can swap in any icons without decompiling/compiling, as long as the iconsets have the same number of image files. (Version Z outputs a lot more charging icons, unfortunately, than the stock circle mods, and needs either image culling/renaming or another XML edit.)

If you need to change something that's not just in an apk but in a jar, you need to decompile/compile that too with smali/baksmali (see an example here).

To do full themes, you not only have to know how to edit these files but where everything is. Looking at the files other themes are changing can help with this.