how long should odin take?

Search This thread

vballrkc

Jul 17, 2009
does anyone know how long it should take for odin to finish flashing my phone back to stock? Also has anyone seen this screen? It's black, with a white cell phone and a white computer with a yellow triangle with an "!" in the middle between them....? that's all i can get my phone to do. Odin is taking a really long time and i'm not sure everything's working right.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
it should take 5-15 minutes at max.
I get that sign every time i do odin, but unlike others i just click the power button and reboot and its good... try that?

vballrkc

Jul 17, 2009
well how do i know when odin is finished? becuase it's been stuck on step: chache.rfs for about 20 minutes now and i don't know if it's just frozen up or what. I don't want to unplug it if i'ts still doing something.

Gibsonusa

Nov 16, 2010
Auburn W.A.
hate to sound like a **** head but when that happened to me this last go around (getting stuck on the chache part) i unplugged which gave me the computer ... ! thingy i put it back into download mode and opened odin then plugged my phone back in. hit start after putting my pit and tar files in their respective spots and it worked. took less then 6minutes i'd say.
There are ways to dl mode your phone from computer ... ! screen just find them. im leaving for a puppy otherwise i would have linked it. gf getting angry RAWR!! <(*-*t)
thats her giving me the bird and ready to kill. LOL

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
That happened to me also, and it was my very first flash on the Vibrant. It soft-bricked, but I just kept at it... got back into download mode... and tried again. It worked. As far as I can gather, as long as you can still get to download mode, you are golden, even if it takes a try or two. It seems that Odin is sometimes temperamental. It only takes a couple of minutes to flash via Odin, but when you are sitting there waiting for the PASS notification, it does seem like an eternity the first time you do it.

I got a FAIL the first two times on the very first attempt. It's a bit unnerving when you aren't sure it'll come back.

Last edited:

theronw68

Jul 6, 2009
Casselberry, FL
does anyone know how long it should take for odin to finish flashing my phone back to stock? Also has anyone seen this screen? It's black, with a white cell phone and a white computer with a yellow triangle with an "!" in the middle between them....? that's all i can get my phone to do. Odin is taking a really long time and i'm not sure everything's working right.

Are you running window's 7?

aecabanaboy

Jun 21, 2008
www.newideasunlimited.com
I am currently downgrading back to stock on my T959 using Odin 3 and it keeps hanging at the very first part when it says file analysis. I have been at this part for a good 30 mins. any suggestions? just keep retrying until it works?

kyle51

Mar 28, 2011
mine normally takes like 2-4 min

mine froze on factory reset.rfs or something yest for like 10 min so i unplugged and got the 'phone ! pc screen', took me like 2 hours to get it to connect to odin again

kyle51

Mar 28, 2011
I am currently downgrading back to stock on my T959 using Odin 3 and it keeps hanging at the very first part when it says file analysis. I have been at this part for a good 30 mins. any suggestions? just keep retrying until it works?

could redownload odin and the pit/tar files again and try that

futango

Oct 27, 2008
Portland, Or
It takes about about 3 minutes to get my Vibrant from any custom to JFD. I just Odin 3 v1.81, s1_odin_20100512.pit, can T959UVJFD.tar files only. Total time is about 2:20-2:35 seconds.

-Markos

Feb 6, 2024
how long does it take for odin Ive been stuck of the MISC carrier.img step for over half an hour now please I need advice