5,600,123 Members 42,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HTC] Prevent WP7 from Relocking

Tip us?

thesecondsfade
Old
(Last edited by thesecondsfade; 1st March 2011 at 03:27 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Default [HTC] Prevent WP7 from Relocking

This is discussed elsewhere, but deep within other threads, so I wanted to give it it's own thread to help people in finding out how to prevent Zune from relocking WP7 devices. It only works on HTC devices for now because TouchXplorer only works for HTC devices.

1. Install TouchXplorer
2. Install HTC Connection Setup
3. Download and extract this zip file to your PC.
4. Deploy the extracted XAP to your device
5. If XBMOD.Files.Deployer does not automatically run, run it from your App list on your device.
6. Using TouchXplorer on your device, copy \My Documents\My Ringtones\CustClear.provxml to \Windows\
7. Run HTC Connection Setup on your device, hit the ok button (with the check mark) to let it provision.
8. You're done.

If you unlock with ChevronWP7, apply this hack, and then for some reason your phone relocks, refer to DanielNTX's post to get it unlocked again. You need to install a new certificate, provided on his post.

All credit goes to xboxmod and his HTC Registry Editing thread and HTC WP7 Apps thread.
TMOUS HTC HD7 - WP7.8 Deepshining v7.8 'NokiaLove'

My Android App:
SmartGas Free - The SMARTEST way to find the cheapest gas.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to thesecondsfade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

camit34
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hope it works for me... "thanks"
HTC One (SIM UnLocked - Stock ROM)
Nexus 4 (kitKat 4.4.2)
iPhone 5 (Gone)
HTC One X S720e (Killed the poor thing)
Google Nexus One
(HTC Vivid, HTC Dream, HTC HD2 & Samsung Vibrant)

Psygnosis84
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I tried this before and it didn't work. It revoked every application I had downloaded.

ceo4eva
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Yeah I had this done for a while but my question is can I uninstall the program once I've done everything else? It looks ugly in my app list =/
(Primary) HTC One X , (Backup) HTC HD2 , Best 1-2 punch

julianpitt
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This Didn't work for me, had finally got it unlocked, came back 3 hours later, connected with this installed and also with flight mode on and now my phone's relocked. Make sure to block Windows Mobile Zune Communication Service from your firewall, while that was blocked it didn't relock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julianpitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thesecondsfade
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psygnosis84 View Post
I tried this before and it didn't work. It revoked every application I had downloaded.
What type of device do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo4eva View Post
Yeah I had this done for a while but my question is can I uninstall the program once I've done everything else? It looks ugly in my app list =/
You can uninstall it. The provxmls stay in the My Ringtones folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianpitt View Post
This Didn't work for me, had finally got it unlocked, came back 3 hours later, connected with this installed and also with flight mode on and now my phone's relocked. Make sure to block Windows Mobile Zune Communication Service from your firewall, while that was blocked it didn't relock
I don't bother with flight mode or any of the other tweaks and it still works for me. What device do you have?

My Android App:

htakahasyd5
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks. This works well. Finally, I don't need to unlock everytime after zune syncing.

Do you think this patch will be removed by MS at the next update as well as chevron unlock?

gcmobile
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think that chevron (the phone unlocker) doesn't work after OSupdate.
1610>>3110>>5110>>6110>>6630>>6820>>N95>>HD>>[HD7]<<HD2>>SGS2>>SGS3&AcerA700
__________________ E310>>AximX50v>>AximX51v>>

thesecondsfade
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Yes, the method that ChevronWP7 uses will be disabled in the update... but that doesn't mean it won't be cracked open again.

My Android App:

poceh
Old
(Last edited by poceh; 17th January 2011 at 12:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
After applying this patch there are 2 files in the My Ringtones dir - one of them is restoreCustClear.provxml file, which means it will revert the registry changes done by the first provxml file (custClear.provxml).

Do you think that if I activate my phone the Marketplace will start working as usual - downloading any apps without the error "can't get info right now... come back after a little while" , AFTER I've installed the above patch for not relocking the phone? I.e. in other words can I side-load apps and simultaneously continue to use the legacy Marketplace without any problems?
HTC HD2: Back to the Future [XBmod-Yuki]

The Following User Says Thank You to poceh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]