[HTC] Prevent WP7 from Relocking

OP thesecondsfade

14th January 2011, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Corona, CA
Thanks Meter: 109

1,014 posts
More
This is discussed elsewhere, but deep within other threads, so I wanted to give it it's own thread to help people in finding out how to prevent Zune from relocking WP7 devices. It only works on HTC devices for now because TouchXplorer only works for HTC devices.

1. Install TouchXplorer
2. Install HTC Connection Setup
3. Download and extract this zip file to your PC.
4. Deploy the extracted XAP to your device
5. If XBMOD.Files.Deployer does not automatically run, run it from your App list on your device.
6. Using TouchXplorer on your device, copy \My Documents\My Ringtones\CustClear.provxml to \Windows\
7. Run HTC Connection Setup on your device, hit the ok button (with the check mark) to let it provision.
8. You're done.

If you unlock with ChevronWP7, apply this hack, and then for some reason your phone relocks, refer to DanielNTX's post to get it unlocked again. You need to install a new certificate, provided on his post.

All credit goes to xboxmod and his HTC Registry Editing thread and HTC WP7 Apps thread.
Last edited by thesecondsfade; 1st March 2011 at 04:27 PM.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to thesecondsfade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2011, 02:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Aurora CO
Thanks Meter: 5

88 posts
More
Hope it works for me... "thanks"
15th January 2011, 04:01 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 8

567 posts
More
I tried this before and it didn't work. It revoked every application I had downloaded.
15th January 2011, 04:37 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ellicott City
Thanks Meter: 31

686 posts
More
Yeah I had this done for a while but my question is can I uninstall the program once I've done everything else? It looks ugly in my app list =/
15th January 2011, 08:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
More
Unhappy
This Didn't work for me, had finally got it unlocked, came back 3 hours later, connected with this installed and also with flight mode on and now my phone's relocked. Make sure to block Windows Mobile Zune Communication Service from your firewall, while that was blocked it didn't relock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julianpitt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2011, 12:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag Corona, CA

1,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psygnosis84

I tried this before and it didn't work. It revoked every application I had downloaded.

What type of device do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo4eva

Yeah I had this done for a while but my question is can I uninstall the program once I've done everything else? It looks ugly in my app list =/

You can uninstall it. The provxmls stay in the My Ringtones folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianpitt

This Didn't work for me, had finally got it unlocked, came back 3 hours later, connected with this installed and also with flight mode on and now my phone's relocked. Make sure to block Windows Mobile Zune Communication Service from your firewall, while that was blocked it didn't relock

I don't bother with flight mode or any of the other tweaks and it still works for me. What device do you have?
16th January 2011, 01:57 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

172 posts
Thanks. This works well. Finally, I don't need to unlock everytime after zune syncing.

Do you think this patch will be removed by MS at the next update as well as chevron unlock?
16th January 2011, 12:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
I think that chevron (the phone unlocker) doesn't work after OSupdate.
17th January 2011, 02:43 AM   |  #9  
Flag Corona, CA

1,014 posts
More
Yes, the method that ChevronWP7 uses will be disabled in the update... but that doesn't mean it won't be cracked open again.
17th January 2011, 11:50 AM   |  #10  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 5

178 posts
More
After applying this patch there are 2 files in the My Ringtones dir - one of them is restoreCustClear.provxml file, which means it will revert the registry changes done by the first provxml file (custClear.provxml).

Do you think that if I activate my phone the Marketplace will start working as usual - downloading any apps without the error "can't get info right now... come back after a little while" , AFTER I've installed the above patch for not relocking the phone? I.e. in other words can I side-load apps and simultaneously continue to use the legacy Marketplace without any problems?
Last edited by poceh; 17th January 2011 at 01:12 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to poceh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread