Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Found a way to install provxml on Omnia 7

Tip us?

lyriquidperfection
Old
(Last edited by lyriquidperfection; 17th January 2011 at 05:35 PM.)
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2,536

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Found a way to install provxml on Omnia 7

Can do this using the Registry Viewer and Network Profile Tool. I will be making a tool for samsung that will allow you to provision any xml.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
My Applications

EFS Professional v2.1.73 (With Qualcomm NV Tools and PIT Magic) - For All Android Devices

LG CSMG Tool v1.0.21 - For LG Mobile Server Queries and Firmware Checking

PIT Magic v1.3.10 - Samsung PIT Creator, Editor and Analyzer

Odin ROM Package Builder v1.3 - Complete Pre-Root and Repack Utilities for Linux

Samsung Quick Root v1.7.10 And HTC Quick Root v1.1.13 - All In One Root / Unroot Solutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my hard work, please buy me a coffee and a pack of nappies for my little daughter!

RustyGrom
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Awesome. Care to share how?
aka FlatSurfSucks aka @AdamUCF.

contable
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Indeed very good news. When do you think the tool will be ready ?

lyriquidperfection
Old
Thanks Meter 2,536

DONATE TO ME
Okay here it goes, its very similar to the HTC method which requires alot of tinkering.

Firstly, you need to be Dev Unlocked. Search for Chevron Unlocker if you dont already have it.

Secondly, you will need Tom XAP Installer which can be found as a sticky at the top of the thread.

Lastly you will need nico's Registry Viewer XAP Package which can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=19

Now when you have all the above done, Load up Registry Viewer and goto:
HKLM\System\State\Samsung\Phone\Operator\Base

You will see some numbered subkeys. You can edit any of these but I reccommend editing [1].

Now navigate to [1] and tap FileName this is where you enter the desired xml.

Now I have a UK Omnia 7 but I flashed the Unbranded XENJK1 ROM which is for Netherlands. So whenever you run the Network Profile App you will see the Network for the sim card you are currently using plus 4 other networks to choose from which will be Netherlands Phone Operators.

Here is a little example to run your desired provxml file. Remember we tapped on FileName in the [1] subkey, now clear the current filename thats already there and type in: UK_XEU_BASE.xml

Exit Registry Viewer and startup the Network Profile App and Tap on the Top Profile. (This is why we edited [1]). You will see the loading dots in the middle of the screen to tell you the device is busy (thats the provxml installing). When its done, exit the Network Profile App and restart it. You will now notice that ALL the UK network providers are now in the Profile list.

So this definately works, we just now need a way to create our own provxml files and copy them to the Windows folder on our Omnia 7!
My Applications

EFS Professional v2.1.73 (With Qualcomm NV Tools and PIT Magic) - For All Android Devices

Odin ROM Package Builder v1.3 - Complete Pre-Root and Repack Utilities for Linux

Samsung Quick Root v1.7.10 And HTC Quick Root v1.1.13 - All In One Root / Unroot Solutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my hard work, please buy me a coffee and a pack of nappies for my little daughter!

RustyGrom
Old
Thanks Meter 26
So this in effect is the same as what I found/hit in this thread. The problem is, we don't have a way of writing to the \windows directory. I've tried all sorts of things to read the provxml from other locations but it doesn't want to.
aka FlatSurfSucks aka @AdamUCF.

martani
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrom View Post
So this in effect is the same as what I found/hit in this thread. The problem is, we don't have a way of writing to the \windows directory. I've tried all sorts of things to read the provxml from other locations but it doesn't want to.
If what he described (anyone tested it with a custom provxml file yet?) works, then maybe the network profile app doesn't need a provxml file within the Windows folder (to test too).

xboxmod
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,955

DONATE TO ME
Patch network setup dll to apply provxml from the xap install folder.
i 've do this on my htc provxml deployer by this way you can deploy custom provxml.

lyriquidperfection
Old
Thanks Meter 2,536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrom View Post
Yes its more or less the same, also the method everyone is using for Interop to use native DLLs in their code is only for using Subs/Functions inside of Interfaces. Now to call an Exported Function in a native DLL requires a different approach. We first have to build a DLL using C++ in Visual Studio 2008 for Windows Mobile 6 (yes you heard me right! ) and create an interface for the functions we wish to use in the native DLL we want to call. We then use C# to use the ComBridge method to load the custom made native DLL which will then provide us the access to the Subs/Functions so when these are called, our custom made DLL will then call the Exported Function in our target DLL.

Now this will also enable us to use the Exported Functions in Coredll.dll which have all the juicy functions that we used and loved in Windows Mobile, including Registry read and write and file access and IO operations.

Now, Any C++ Volunteers???
My Applications

lyriquidperfection
Old
Thanks Meter 2,536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by martani View Post
If what he described (anyone tested it with a custom provxml file yet?) works, then maybe the network profile app doesn't need a provxml file within the Windows folder (to test too).
It definately works with xml in windows folder but not tried a custom one yet.
My Applications

denominator77
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection View Post
Now when you have all the above done, Load up Registry Viewer and goto:
HKLM\System\State\Samsung\Phone\Operator\Base
We can do the same by runnig "/windows/AppPreInstaller.exe path_to_provxml_file" (using l3v5y.WP7DT.RemoteExecute).

The problem is that AppPreInstaller.exe refuses any attempts to install provxml from any place outside /windows folder.