Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Found a way to install provxml on Omnia 7

OP lyriquidperfection

17th January 2011, 12:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,614

2,505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can do this using the Registry Viewer and Network Profile Tool. I will be making a tool for samsung that will allow you to provision any xml.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
Last edited by lyriquidperfection; 17th January 2011 at 06:35 PM.
17th January 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 26

997 posts
More
Awesome. Care to share how?
17th January 2011, 04:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 958

1,692 posts
Donate to Me
Indeed very good news. When do you think the tool will be ready ?
17th January 2011, 06:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nottingham

2,505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay here it goes, its very similar to the HTC method which requires alot of tinkering.

Firstly, you need to be Dev Unlocked. Search for Chevron Unlocker if you dont already have it.

Secondly, you will need Tom XAP Installer which can be found as a sticky at the top of the thread.

Lastly you will need nico's Registry Viewer XAP Package which can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=19

Now when you have all the above done, Load up Registry Viewer and goto:
HKLM\System\State\Samsung\Phone\Operator\Base

You will see some numbered subkeys. You can edit any of these but I reccommend editing [1].

Now navigate to [1] and tap FileName this is where you enter the desired xml.

Now I have a UK Omnia 7 but I flashed the Unbranded XENJK1 ROM which is for Netherlands. So whenever you run the Network Profile App you will see the Network for the sim card you are currently using plus 4 other networks to choose from which will be Netherlands Phone Operators.

Here is a little example to run your desired provxml file. Remember we tapped on FileName in the [1] subkey, now clear the current filename thats already there and type in: UK_XEU_BASE.xml

Exit Registry Viewer and startup the Network Profile App and Tap on the Top Profile. (This is why we edited [1]). You will see the loading dots in the middle of the screen to tell you the device is busy (thats the provxml installing). When its done, exit the Network Profile App and restart it. You will now notice that ALL the UK network providers are now in the Profile list.

So this definately works, we just now need a way to create our own provxml files and copy them to the Windows folder on our Omnia 7!
17th January 2011, 06:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 26

997 posts
More
So this in effect is the same as what I found/hit in this thread. The problem is, we don't have a way of writing to the \windows directory. I've tried all sorts of things to read the provxml from other locations but it doesn't want to.
17th January 2011, 06:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 16

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrom

So this in effect is the same as what I found/hit in this thread. The problem is, we don't have a way of writing to the \windows directory. I've tried all sorts of things to read the provxml from other locations but it doesn't want to.

If what he described (anyone tested it with a custom provxml file yet?) works, then maybe the network profile app doesn't need a provxml file within the Windows folder (to test too).
17th January 2011, 06:53 PM   |  #7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gap
Thanks Meter: 1,955

968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Patch network setup dll to apply provxml from the xap install folder.
i 've do this on my htc provxml deployer by this way you can deploy custom provxml.
17th January 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag Nottingham

2,505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by RustyGrom

Yes its more or less the same, also the method everyone is using for Interop to use native DLLs in their code is only for using Subs/Functions inside of Interfaces. Now to call an Exported Function in a native DLL requires a different approach. We first have to build a DLL using C++ in Visual Studio 2008 for Windows Mobile 6 (yes you heard me right! ) and create an interface for the functions we wish to use in the native DLL we want to call. We then use C# to use the ComBridge method to load the custom made native DLL which will then provide us the access to the Subs/Functions so when these are called, our custom made DLL will then call the Exported Function in our target DLL.

Now this will also enable us to use the Exported Functions in Coredll.dll which have all the juicy functions that we used and loved in Windows Mobile, including Registry read and write and file access and IO operations.

Now, Any C++ Volunteers???
17th January 2011, 07:11 PM   |  #9  
Flag Nottingham

2,505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martani

If what he described (anyone tested it with a custom provxml file yet?) works, then maybe the network profile app doesn't need a provxml file within the Windows folder (to test too).

It definately works with xml in windows folder but not tried a custom one yet.
17th January 2011, 08:06 PM   |  #10  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 109

163 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection

Now when you have all the above done, Load up Registry Viewer and goto:
HKLM\System\State\Samsung\Phone\Operator\Base

We can do the same by runnig "/windows/AppPreInstaller.exe path_to_provxml_file" (using l3v5y.WP7DT.RemoteExecute).

The problem is that AppPreInstaller.exe refuses any attempts to install provxml from any place outside /windows folder.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread